PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Sales From Slickguns

BucketBack
05-22-2015, 09:59 AM
http://www.slickguns.com/product/memorial-day-sale-roundup

:punch:

Arklatex
05-22-2015, 02:38 PM
Thanks. I just ordered something I've had my eye on for awhile.

Inor
05-23-2015, 07:32 PM
The thing that has me especially pissed off this Memorial Day weekend, and I am ashamed to admit that in 48 years on this planet it did not occur to me until reading a biography on General Patton this week, is all of the fallen American servicemen that are buried overseas which the government refuses to repatriate so they can be buried here. We have men buried all over Europe from WWI and WWII. Their families do not have the luxury of being able to visit their graves this weekend to leave flowers. Yes - The "host countries" have designated the soil they are buried on as American soil. But damnit, those men gave everything for us and they deserve to buried in National Cemeteries in their hometown so their families can at least lay a wreath at Christmas and a flag or flowers on Memorial Day and Independence Day.

James m
05-23-2015, 08:14 PM
I somewhat agree. But I also imagine the logistics of bringing back the bodies of the fallen in ww1 or even ww2 it would have been difficult. Time goes by and memories fade, even more so if they are overseas. By sheer numbers even today it may be difficult to bring those people back.

Inor
05-23-2015, 08:17 PM
That is the problem, isn't it? Memories fade. They should not. Americans deserve to be buried in America, near their families, so the memories do not fade quite so quickly..

James m
05-23-2015, 08:25 PM
True. I'm more talking about, say you had a family member in the civil war. Would you remember where they are buried and visit? I think most civil war graves are done by veterans groups or good people. I'm thinking time perspective.

Inor
05-23-2015, 09:51 PM
True. I'm more talking about, say you had a family member in the civil war. Would you remember where they are buried and visit? I think most civil war graves are done by veterans groups or good people. I'm thinking time perspective.

HAHAHA! You have forgotten my previous posts on the subject of the War for Southern Independence. :biglaugh: If I had a relative that served in either Army, I would honor their grave more than the grave of my own father. :biglaugh: (My family did not arrive here until 1913.)

You and I are on exactly the same page I believe. :D