PDA

View Full Version : Ark and Wheels - Are you guys okay?

Inor
05-25-2015, 12:43 AM
With the weather reports today, just let us know you are both okay.

Txwheels
05-25-2015, 05:28 AM
Holdin our own at the Wheels house. Had some high winds and some really hard rains but were on high ground so no flooding.

Arklatex
05-25-2015, 06:35 AM
Alls well out here. I'm always prepared!

Txwheels
05-25-2015, 09:53 AM
This was our street yesterday afternoon.

James m
05-25-2015, 11:32 AM
That's bad!! How deep was that, looks like its missing a curb if there was one. Hopefully you didn't float away yet.

Inor
05-25-2015, 11:43 AM
This was our street yesterday afternoon.

Holy sheep shit! Stay dry my friend!

Txwheels
05-25-2015, 12:06 PM
Holy sheep shit! Stay dry my friend!

We have 2 big storm drains, one at each end of our block, so that's as deep as it get no matter how hard it rains. It was still 3 feet below anything that could do damage to our home. Just makes for wet feet walking to the vehicles. LOL

Txwheels
05-25-2015, 12:08 PM
That's bad!! How deep was that, looks like its missing a curb if there was one. Hopefully you didn't float away yet.

A little over a foot and a half. Supposed to get more this afternoon. Drought my ass!

Arklatex
05-25-2015, 08:15 PM
Crazy amount of rain the last few weeks!

Arklatex
05-25-2015, 08:16 PM
S is about to hit the F out here!!!

SE Oklahoma the water plants are flooded and boil warning is issued. Beavers Bend is flooded. The dam on lake texoma is overflowing. Voluntary evacuation is underway.

All that is heading to Texarkana. The US 71 bridge is about to be shut down from high water. That is the lifeline from Arkansas into Texarkana.

Every dam is wide open and still can't keep up. Every county in the ArkLaTex is under flood warning, Thunderstorm warning, Tornado warning as of this post until Wednesday. The ranchers along the red river and the sulphur river have had to evacuate their livestock.

I'm ready as always but have no concern over evacuation due to my location. The only issue would be if the bridge between here and work were to shut down. I've got enough clothes etc in the truck to weather that problem at a friends house if I got caught on the wrong side of that bridge.

Gonna have to bush hog the yard after all this mess blows over!

James m
05-25-2015, 08:39 PM
Hopefully you guys will be A OK.

Inor
05-25-2015, 08:47 PM
S is about to hit the F out here!!!

SE Oklahoma the water plants are flooded and boil warning is issued. Beavers Bend is flooded. The dam on lake texoma is overflowing. Voluntary evacuation is underway.

All that is heading to Texarkana. The US 71 bridge is about to be shut down from high water. That is the lifeline from Arkansas into Texarkana.

Every dam is wide open and still can't keep up. Every county in the ArkLaTex is under flood warning, Thunderstorm warning, Tornado warning as of this post until Wednesday. The ranchers along the red river and the sulphur river have had to evacuate their livestock.

I'm ready as always but have no concern over evacuation due to my location. The only issue would be if the bridge between here and work were to shut down. I've got enough clothes etc in the truck to weather that problem at a friends house if I got caught on the wrong side of that bridge.

Gonna have to bush hog the yard after all this mess blows over!

Be safe Ark. Check in periodically to let us know you and yours are okay.

How far are you from Monroe, LA? I have to go there next week

Sparkyprep
05-25-2015, 08:50 PM
You guys, please be safe, and let us know that you are safe

Arklatex
05-25-2015, 09:09 PM
Be safe Ark. Check in periodically to let us know you and yours are okay.

How far are you from Monroe, LA? I have to go there next week
That's about 2 hours from the house. Me and the Mrs could make a road trip out of it. You gonna be there all week?

Inor
05-25-2015, 09:28 PM
That's about 2 hours from the house. Me and the Mrs could make a road trip out of it. You gonna be there all week?

If you know of a place, we could meet halfway. I fly in on Sunday evening and home on Friday evening. PM me if you want to try and work something out.

Arklatex
05-25-2015, 09:35 PM
If you know of a place, we could meet halfway. I fly in on Sunday evening and home on Friday evening. PM me if you want to try and work something out.
Excellent! PM me when you get into town and we'll work it out. BTW it's the middle of crawfish season out here. Great timing!

Inor
05-25-2015, 09:48 PM
Excellent! PM me when you get into town and we'll work it out. BTW it's the middle of crawfish season out here. Great timing!

I ain't sucking the heads out so don't bother trying to shame me into that. :biglaugh: But I hear it is best to eat the shells - that is where the vitamins are. :biglaugh:

Tachammer73
05-26-2015, 06:03 AM
Wish I could make the trip too, I went to high school down there about halfway between Monroe and Farmerville, My step-mom still teaches at Farmerville .

Txwheels
05-26-2015, 07:38 AM
Crazy amount of rain the last few weeks!

That's a fact! My Brother in law called last night from Indiana to check on us and asked how much rain we've had. I answered, The lakes around us were at 34% combined capacity om May 4th. Today May 25th, all of the monitored lakes in Texas have water going through open flood gates or water rushing over spillways.
I do believe the drought is over folks!

Arklatex
05-27-2015, 08:51 AM
Not much rain yesterday but the floods from up north are on the way.

Video near Texarkana: https://youtu.be/Cg5DHb9ZTXU

Local info. http://txktoday.com/news/u-s-259-and-hwy-8-bridges-likely-to-close-by-tomorrow/#

Txwheels
05-27-2015, 08:57 AM
Had a storm move through about 5 yesterday evening. 70 MPH winds and got 5 inches of rain in 20 minutes.

Arklatex
05-27-2015, 09:05 AM
Had a storm move through about 5 yesterday evening. 70 MPH winds and got 5 inches of rain in 20 minutes.
Yall had it worse than we did. We got about 3 inches over a couple hours then it moved on. Sudden and dramatic.

Txwheels
05-27-2015, 10:11 AM
Yall had it worse than we did. We got about 3 inches over a couple hours then it moved on. Sudden and dramatic.

I'm definitely ready for a few days on sunshine. LOL

hawgrider
05-27-2015, 10:12 AM
I'm definitely ready for a few days on sunshine. LOLSoon you will be able to put that new mower to good use!

RWalls
05-31-2015, 09:15 PM
Reminds me of GA two years ago. Government was worried we would run out of water, the corp of engineers were emptying lake Lanier to same some fresh water muscle in FL and water restrictions were awful.

Then we got a rain that wouldn't stop, constant flooding and significant damage daily. The almost empty lake was in flood zone overnight and crops were dying from no sun and water logged.

Good luck guys, sounds like a blessing in disguise.

James m
05-31-2015, 09:33 PM
There's a flash flood warning here until 12 midnight or 2 am. Out here in PA I'm about 200 feet from a high lake. I'm glad I don't have beach front, the lake seems to have rose in the past few years.

Baglady
06-01-2015, 01:12 AM
And it's still coming down. Someone forgot to turn off the spigot!!
Stay safe Guys.

Arklatex
06-01-2015, 09:12 AM
It's getting worse out in the northern areas of the ArkLaTex along the red river. A disaster has been declared in several counties. If it keeps on they will close every bridge from Lake texoma to shreveport, which is also flooding. Water treatment plants have been overwhelmed and water is being trucked in. Even the Budweiser plant in GA quit making beer and started canning water for us. Lucky me I'm not in the flood zone. This is good knowledge to have! Now I know my property is safe from floods due to record rainfall.

Budweiser water:

Txwheels
06-01-2015, 05:40 PM
This was our back yard last Saturday evening. Front yard looked the same.

Sparkyprep
06-01-2015, 06:16 PM
Txwheels, I hope none of that came in your house. Please stay safe, and I wish you the very best luck.

hawgrider
06-01-2015, 06:36 PM
This was our back yard last Saturday evening. Front yard looked the same.
Damn.... hope you got the Ark built in time. Thats looking ugly Txwheels.

James m
06-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Did it get the house? Basement flooded?

Inor
06-01-2015, 08:43 PM
Cripes Wheels! That is starting to look like enough water that you are going to have to start worrying about tides pretty soon!

Txwheels
06-02-2015, 04:36 AM
Txwheels, I hope none of that came in your house. Please stay safe, and I wish you the very best luck.

It came within about 2 inches of coming over the porch both front and back. I'm glad we have a high foundation and floor layout. In the 13 years we've owned the home, it's never rained hard enough to get water this high.

Txwheels
06-02-2015, 04:37 AM
Water has receded and am picking up the dead fish now. LOL!

James m
06-02-2015, 10:57 AM
I hear dead fish make good fertilizer. If there's any plants left that is. Glad to hear you didn't flood.