PDA

View Full Version : Prepper Leadership – Do You Know What Role Is Best for You?

hawgrider
06-03-2015, 06:17 AM
http://d3qp2gvi46z69k.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/PrepperLeadership.jpg

Leadership is a strange thing. Many people throughout history have become reluctant, yet legendary leaders while others have been technically in a leadership position, but the results of their command were far from stellar. Several of the later type come to mind easily. Many preppers assume that during some catastrophe, we as a group will naturally be tapped to be the leaders due to our forethought, preparation and skills – presumably for dealing with the crisis, that others around us simply don’t have. On the surface I can see the merit in that idea because if I was in a situation that was completely foreign to anything I knew or was able to cope with, I would look to the people who seemed to know what they were doing and follow their lead.
http://www.theprepperjournal.com/2015/05/30/prepper-leadership-do-you-know-what-role-is-best-for-you/

Inor
06-03-2015, 07:02 AM
I'm only leading two things: Jack and shit (and Jack left town).

hawgrider
06-03-2015, 07:11 AM
I'm only leading two things: Jack and shit (and Jack left town).I would have to take the leadership role for immediate family only. Ive never been much of a follower.

Arklatex
06-03-2015, 07:35 AM
I would help lead some of the younger generation after SHTF. But I would defer to my elders on major decisions. There has to be a chain of command and I'm not at the top due to age and experience level. The question is, who is at the top? I'd rather see a group of church elders, experienced military, fire, doctors etc working together for the greater good of the community. Than just one person calling all the shots.

James m
06-03-2015, 09:22 AM
Nobody listens to me, ever. I prefer to set up shop and watch people fail. Its entertaining. My other answer is political officer.

Txwheels
06-03-2015, 10:49 AM
I'm of the lead, follow or get the hell out of my way type.

Pauls
06-03-2015, 04:10 PM
I am capable of leading but I don't want the job. I am capable of being a support member and I would be comfortable in that position as long as the leadership was good.
I will lead my household - I already do that but if a larger group is formed I doubt that I would be chosen as a leader - I have no combat experience, I never served in the military and I am a minister. I would have to prove my skills under the stress of the situation. It was done by similar people during the revolutionary war with greater success than general Washington but history supports Washington as the leader - even though his tactics almost lost the war several times.

The tactics that will be most successful will be hit from cover and run to fight another day. There will not be a place for military style long term engagements. Guerilla and terrorist tactics will be most effective as long as they are properly employed against fighters and not the general population.

RWalls
06-09-2015, 09:23 PM
I'm of the lead, follow or get the hell out of my way type.

I'm with tx, there's an old saying around here the ones saying it can't be done need to get the hell out of the way of the ones doing it.

TJC44
06-09-2015, 09:39 PM
I am NOT Leadership material. Never have been, have no desire for the job. The only person I can lead is myself, and then it's around in circles. Like Paul, I can support a good leader. I am not so great at following, either, come to think of it, especially when an idiot is in the driver's seat.

TJC