PDA

View Full Version : Bug out Nightmare: Stop Trench Foot Before It Stops You

hawgrider
06-05-2015, 07:19 AM
http://cdn.theprepperjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/TrenchFoot.jpg

It’s like a bad scene out of a disaster movie mixed with your worst nightmare. Some event forces you and your family to leave your home with only your bug out bags on the backs of you and your family. The good news is you are prepared and have set aside provisions and planned for the trip. You also have a destination 50 miles away at a relative’s house that is waiting for you with plenty of security and supplies. You expect the trip to take 3 days of walking back roads. Not ideal, but certainly doable.

The trip starts out normally enough but you were forced to travel in almost constant rain. At the end of day one everyone’s feet are sore, most have blisters and your younger children are starting to act like they can’t go on another mile.

Our bug out plans eventually come down to relying on our feet in a worst case disaster to carry us to safety. Sure we have options and my personal first option is staying in my home. When that fails me I have a bug out vehicle, but if that isn’t an option we strap packs to our backs and hit the trail. Injuries to your feet can incapacitate quickly so it is important to care for these modes of transport that would be crucial in a disaster scenario. One main issue with walking long distances is blisters. Another topic that is a little less discussed is trench foot.
http://www.theprepperjournal.com/2015/06/03/bug-out-nightmare-stop-trench-foot-before-it-stops-you/

BucketBack
06-05-2015, 08:31 AM
Time to start chopping.
I say this as I'm inspecting my feets.
Today is the first day I can touch them without my back calling me foul four letter words

hawgrider
06-05-2015, 08:37 AM
Time to start chopping.
I say this as I'm inspecting my feets.
Today is the first day I can touch them without my back calling me foul four letter wordsNow you can get rid of that toe jam:gasmask: