PDA

View Full Version : The Trans-Pacific Partnership, TPP, Will Thrust America Into Global Governance

hawgrider
06-12-2015, 08:24 AM
The Trans-Pacific Partnership, TPP, Will Thrust America Into Global Governance After Today

The United States Congress is about to vote (Friday, June 11) to give president Barack Obama unprecedented powers which will effectively give up the USA to new global governance.

The Trans-Pacific Partnership will shatter America’s sovereignty and is a treaty that everyone should oppose (in my opinion).

WHY? Because if it’s so good for the country, then why is it being kept top secret and not being released until AFTER it’s voted on? Is this not entirely and completely absurd? Who in their right minds would vote on something which is kept secret, not released for public debate, and no text of which has been released even to Congress? What is the matter with us?!

Congress is about to give president Obama the authority to bypass Congress itself!!

The United States is in the final stages of negotiating the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), a massive free-trade agreement with Mexico, Canada, Japan, Singapore and seven other countries. Who will benefit from the TPP? American workers? Consumers? Small businesses? Taxpayers? Or the biggest multinational corporations in the world at the expense of our sovereignty as a nation?
http://modernsurvivalblog.com/government-gone-wild/the-trans-pacific-partnership-tpp-will-thrust-america-into-global-governance-after-tomorrow/

Inor
06-12-2015, 09:57 AM
Any time the government starts talking about "free-trade agreements" my asshole tightens up. If they want a "free-trade agreement" how about starting first with a free-trade agreement with the 8 year-olds in this country so they can sell lemonade without being hassled by the cops?

hawgrider
06-12-2015, 10:00 AM
Any time the government starts talking about "free-trade agreements" my asshole tightens up. If they want a "free-trade agreement" how about starting first with a free-trade agreement with the 8 year-olds in this country so they can sell lemonade without being hassled by the cops?

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

Pauls
06-12-2015, 01:22 PM
With your republicans holding the majority in both houses, how could this happen?

Couldn't they "just say no"?

Oh, yeah - they want the same thing...

VOTE LIBERTARIAN!

James m
06-12-2015, 02:23 PM
Trade should benefit both parties. That's my thoughts. Instead of one supplying junk and the other paying cash. Send all of the cash overseas.

OSFG
06-12-2015, 09:53 PM
To you folks that say I should vote for the republican candidate just because they are more in line with us than the dems.......ah..not so much...tuck the Republicans....I will vote to teach them a lesson...every time.

Your way gets us liberal-lite

Arklatex
06-13-2015, 06:24 AM
What!??

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/12/politics/white-house-tpp-trade-deal-congress/

James m
06-13-2015, 08:47 AM
Hmm maybe they're tired of his crap?

Pauls
06-13-2015, 09:13 AM
So, the newly hired Republicans are voting with oldbambam after all their promises to the contrary. I am underwhelmed.

You all keep on voting the way you always have and you get what you vote for, the lesser of two evils.

Imaexpat2
06-14-2015, 05:10 PM
I guess NAFTA didn't cost enough LEGAL Americans their jobs and figured that it would be a good idea to off shore even more to Asia.

James m
06-14-2015, 11:01 PM
Oh speaking of this, the United States is just a market anymore. The economy revolves around selling things from other countries and essential services like home building and groceries and farming. It's a market and service economy. Weren't we supposed to be a market for English and European goods? Looks like its working out that way....