PDA

View Full Version : Alabama City Suing Couple to Get Back on the Grid, Threatens Arrest - See more at: ht

hawgrider
06-17-2015, 05:32 AM
Alabama City Suing Couple to Get Back on the Grid, Threatens Arrest

Huntsville, Alabama says couple can’t live “off the grid,” condemned their property and threatens arrest for trespassing

“I just don’t see how we’re hurting anyone by being here,” said Tyler Truitt when asked about having to defend his off-grid lifestyle to city hall.

As a military veteran, he found it really odd that he thought he was defending the American way only to come back home and be scolded by bureaucrats to hook-up! As you might imagine, Truitt doesn’t want to yield so easily and says they’d rather be arrested than leave their land. Who would want to leave their paid-for property and off-grid installations because of city utilities? It might eventually come down to arrest as the city is completely dismissing their property rights and adamantly disapproving their off-grid ways.
- See more at: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/alabama-city-suing-couple-to-get-back-on-the-grid-threatens-arrest_062015#sthash.O1X1f0kt.dpuf

Arklatex
06-17-2015, 06:38 AM
I guess I'll have to research "agenda 21" that the article mentioned. I see absolutely no reason anyone should be forced to use the utilities. Regardless of whether they're setup for it or not. Only issue I could see is if the people are not dealing with their poop correctly.

Slippy
06-17-2015, 07:28 AM
There has to be more to this story. Regardless, the local government seems to be over-reaching.

hawgrider
06-17-2015, 07:34 AM
There has to be more to this story. Regardless, the local government seems to be over-reaching.Probably started with the mobile home within City limits.