PDA

View Full Version : Stash your beer

hawgrider
06-24-2015, 06:21 AM
Do you need to hide your beer from would-be thieves? Do you just want to hide your beer from kids or house guests? This man came up with an ingenious way of hiding beer in his own backyard.

The video shows him using a crank to raise up a substantial stash of beer from the ground.
http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/06/23/video-the-preppers-dream-beer-vault/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=11&v=8bIFP3yMRto

dsdmmat
06-24-2015, 06:32 AM
That is freaking awesome and it is a way to keep it cool without electricity.

James m
06-24-2015, 05:03 PM
Reminds me of moonshiners bootleggers and speak easies.

hawgrider
06-24-2015, 05:26 PM
That is freaking awesome and it is a way to keep it cool without electricity.
Warm beer should be a crime.

dsdmmat
06-24-2015, 05:34 PM
Warm beer should be a crime.

I take it you have never been to Germany? Most German beers are brewed to be served warm/ room temp. A majority of American beers on the other hand taste like piss when warm. The exception I have found is yuengling lager which I normally drink room temp.

Sparkyprep
06-24-2015, 05:35 PM
I take it you have never been to Germany? Most German beers are brewed to be served warm.

Not warm but "cellar temperature". I.E. not cold.

dsdmmat
06-24-2015, 05:39 PM
Not warm but "cellar temperature". I.E. not cold.

Right not heated but not chilled either the word warm was a poor descriptive choice.

hawgrider
06-24-2015, 05:42 PM
I take it you have never been to Germany? Most German beers are brewed to be served warm/ room temp. A majority of American beers on the other hand taste like piss when warm. The exception I have found is yuengling lager which I normally drink room temp.
Only because they didn't have refrigeration. Thats why they drink it warm. No never left the states and never plan to. I married a German/Cherokee Indian

dsdmmat
06-24-2015, 05:44 PM
Only because they didn't have refrigeration. Thats why they drink it warm. No never left the states and never plan to. I married a German/Cherokee Indian

See if you can get some Hefi Weissen or Crystal Weissen and try it out. You may like it.

I never liked the Pilsner but the others were really good.

I have had the good fortune to have been around the globe a few times. I have had beer in Asia and Europe I think the Greman beer was the best I have tried and Korean beer the worst I have had.

hawgrider
06-24-2015, 05:45 PM
Right not heated but not chilled either the word warm was a poor descriptive choice.
Room temp is warm. Mine is served at no more than 35 degrees if it hits 45 Im chugging it.

hawgrider
06-24-2015, 05:47 PM
See if you can get some Hefi Weissen or Crystal Weissen and try it out. You may like it.
Stout? Like bread? Thick enough to be a meal?

dsdmmat
06-24-2015, 05:52 PM
Stout? Like bread? Thick enough to be a meal?

The Hefi is heavy and still has yeast floating in it. The crystal is Crisp and clear. Both have more alcohol content than your American beers but hit the taste buds pleasantly.

dsdmmat
06-24-2015, 05:54 PM
Room temp is warm. Mine is served at no more than 35 degrees if it hits 45 Im chugging it.

I got used to drinking beer warm in Germany so when I came back I looked for a beer that I could drink that way. I have found yuengling lager to be the only American beer I can stand warm.

hawgrider
06-24-2015, 06:13 PM
I got used to drinking beer warm in Germany so when I came back I looked for a beer that I could drink that way. I have found yuengling lager to be the only American beer I can stand warm.We dont get yuengling here in the mitten but Ive had it and like it but ..... yes drank it cold. I can drink good bourbon and whiskey warm.

Inor
06-24-2015, 09:59 PM

Hawg -

Some of the Ale from Bell's brewery (in Lansing, MI) are freakin' awesome at about 57-60 degrees.

I am absolutely in love with their Two Hearted Ale (a double IPA). That one is a little better chilled as it is a bit hot otherwise. I think it is around 11%?

hawgrider
06-25-2015, 04:21 AM
Hawg -

Some of the Ale from Bell's brewery (in Lansing, MI) are freakin' awesome at about 57-60 degrees.

I am absolutely in love with their Two Hearted Ale (a double IPA). That one is a little better chilled as it is a bit hot otherwise. I think it is around 11%?Bells Oberon yeah good stuff. Two hearted for sure! Just can't do it. Warm day, hot day, cold day Ice cold beer ahhhh.