PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Cherry Crop Down Due To May Freeze

BucketBack
06-26-2015, 07:02 AM
I didn't see any flowers on any of my 100 trees that flower this spring

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2015/06/michigans_cherry_crop_expected.html?ath=da22c195cb 5eeb0bf4794dbc0d670965#cmpid=nsltr_strybutton

Dwight55
06-26-2015, 07:32 AM
I only got one, . . . but same result.

Think it may become smoker fuel later this year, . . . along with an apple and a peach, . . . just tired of not getting anything on any of them.

May God bless,
Dwight

hawgrider
06-26-2015, 07:58 AM
Michigan cherry fest a bust this year ? Last year it was apple's

Pauls
06-26-2015, 09:16 AM
That is what farming is all about.
Too cold, too hot, too wet, too dry.
too few insects, too many insects.

It is a never ending battle with nature. If there is one truth in this life it is that you can never win against mother nature, the best you can ever get is a tie.

I am not a farmer, I am NOT a farmer, I am NOT a FARMER!
I need to invent and build a large scale indoor farm. Climate controlled 200 acre farm with walls and a roof, insulation and circulation.
I could use skylights and LED grow lights, a sprinkler and mister system with enough room to run a tractor, and other equipment with photo-voltaics on the roof to power it.
I need a batch of bee hives too.

Can you think of anything I am forgetting?

MI.oldguy
06-26-2015, 10:14 AM

It is a never ending battle with nature. If there is one truth in this life it is that you can never win against mother nature, the best you can ever get is a tie.

I need to invent and build a large scale indoor farm. Climate controlled 200 acre farm with walls and a roof, insulation and circulation.
I could use skylights and LED grow lights, a sprinkler and mister system with enough room to run a tractor, and other equipment with photo-voltaics on the roof to power it.

In Wa.state right now there is a particular crop that is in a shortage.:hippie:

Pauls
06-28-2015, 02:19 AM
Not one I'm interested in growing.
I want a sustainable food supply not something to make me stupid(er). ;)

MI.oldguy
06-28-2015, 09:54 AM
Not one I'm interested in growing.
I want a sustainable food supply not something to make me stupid(er). ;)

Its not stupid to make some money.

BucketBack
06-28-2015, 12:05 PM
Esmeralda can smoke them faster than any two people can roll 'em

Pauls
06-28-2015, 07:10 PM
That's ok, for me my morals get in the way of contributing to another's weakness. Somebody else will make the profit supplying recreational drugs to those who want them.

James m
06-28-2015, 08:37 PM

Put it on the moon, call it a greenhouse. They are still talking about Terra Forming Mars. That would be interesting. If they could pull it off. But a greenhouse like that on earth would be a waste. A waste of electricity and resources. You put seeds in dirt and keep them happy then you get food. The End.