PDA

View Full Version : Got a new tool

Arklatex
07-13-2015, 10:36 PM

This is a 44 inch finish cut "trail" mower. 110% made in the USA by Swisher. It has an 11.5 horse Briggs going straight to 2 blades so it should have plenty of power to cut my yard. Most riding mowers use more than half their power just to drive the machine so we shall see if this unit is underpowered or not since all its power goes straight to the blades.. I can offset it to pull behind my current raggedy mower for a grand total of 8.2 feet of cutting path. Or as my plan currently is I will pull it behind my side by side pictured above. The atv has a closed cab and is air conditioned so it's no prob to go out in 100 plus degrees and 90 plus percent humidity and mow the lawn while I listen to tunes and drink a cold one :cool:

I had to drive to Dallas to get it from Northern Tool. Price was 1200 and I get a no questions asked 30 day trial period and a 2 year warranty. Online reviews are all over the place from crap to fantastic. So I'm going to do my own review and see how I like it.

Testing begins tomorrow.

Arklatex
07-14-2015, 09:04 PM
Wow! Why haven't I done this sooner??? This thing cuts like a dream and me and my dog sissy enjoyed the whole chore! Nothing beats mowing in the air conditioning with your best friend and a frosty beverage! As of day 1 highly recommended.

Inor
07-15-2015, 01:23 AM
Wow! Why haven't I done this sooner??? This thing cuts like a dream and me and my dog sissy enjoyed the whole chore! Nothing beats mowing in the air conditioning with your best friend and a frosty beverage! As of day 1 highly recommended.

Livin' the dream boyo!

Slippy
07-15-2015, 06:48 AM
Ain't that a great tool. Good for you Ark!

Sparkyprep
07-15-2015, 05:49 PM
Have you tried to mow any thick, or tall stuff?

Arklatex
07-15-2015, 06:10 PM
Have you tried to mow any thick, or tall stuff?
Yeah I dragged it through some bahia that was several feet tall and it cut without bogging down. It was set on the highest setting but I was impressed. I probably won't cut any thick brush with it. I want it to stay in good shape to cut my yard.

1moretoy
07-15-2015, 06:43 PM
I just sold my mower...too damn hot to cut grass. I'm paying somebody to cut it for me now. More free time for me!

Sparkyprep
07-15-2015, 06:50 PM
I have always loved mowing grass. Like a lot. It is a few hours to myself, and time to think about things.

Arklatex
07-16-2015, 06:12 AM
I have always loved mowing grass. Like a lot. It is a few hours to myself, and time to think about things.
I occasionally enjoy it but most of the time it's just another chore. I keep a little over 2 acres mowed.