PDA

View Full Version : Hey yall

Tks
07-15-2015, 09:47 PM
I was a member of another forum and left for a while to concentrate on a hectic life. Went back and everyone I liked to read was gone! Tracked ya'll down to here so I joined.

OSFG
07-15-2015, 10:02 PM
welcome to home buddy

Inor
07-15-2015, 11:07 PM
Hey pal, welcome!

James m
07-15-2015, 11:08 PM
I vaguely remember the name. Welcome.

Baglady
07-15-2015, 11:19 PM
Were you under a different name then? Welcome aboard.

Tks
07-15-2015, 11:37 PM
Hey pal, welcome!
Google Inor + prepper = found ya.

I'd been reading a few weeks waiting for you, the Mrs, or RPD to post, but nothing.

Tks
07-15-2015, 11:41 PM
Were you under a different name then? Welcome aboard.
Nope, same name. Only on about 5 months before life got crazy. Baseball season is almost over now so I'm back to getting our rears in gear.

MrsInor
07-15-2015, 11:48 PM
Welcome back to the mostly sane gang.

Tks
07-16-2015, 12:13 AM
Welcome back to the mostly sane gang.
Thanks MrsI!

Inor
07-16-2015, 01:00 AM
Google Inor + prepper = found ya.

I'd been reading a few weeks waiting for you, the Mrs, or RPD to post, but nothing.

Meh. We were both unceremoniously led out the back door last December. :biglaugh:

Glad you finally found us though. RPD is here somewhere too. He is actually the one that turned us both onto this site.

hawgrider
07-16-2015, 05:06 AM
Welcome aboard the good ship lollipop ! Nice to have you. Enjoy the freedom here.

rice paddy daddy
07-16-2015, 08:55 AM
I'm here. I'm there. I'm everywhere.
:maniac:
Welcome, Tks

Arklatex
07-16-2015, 09:16 AM
Howdy from east Texas. I think I remember you. Aren't you the gal that works in politics? Correct me if I'm wrong. Always liked your posts.

Slippy
07-16-2015, 09:20 AM
Welcome Tks!

MI.oldguy
07-16-2015, 09:22 AM
Welcome,your handle does ring a bell.

1moretoy
07-16-2015, 11:40 AM
I was a member of another forum and left for a while to concentrate on a hectic life. Went back and everyone I liked to read was gone! Tracked ya'll down to here so I joined.

Welcome aboard!

Sparkyprep
07-16-2015, 04:26 PM
Welcome!

Tks
07-16-2015, 06:21 PM
Howdy from east Texas. I think I remember you. Aren't you the gal that works in politics? Correct me if I'm wrong. Always liked your posts.
That was me. Good memory.

RWalls
07-16-2015, 08:13 PM
Welcome, glad to have you.

James m
07-16-2015, 08:16 PM
So you still working in politics? Who you betting on if you don't mind me asking?

Tks
07-16-2015, 08:44 PM
So you still working in politics? Who you betting on if you don't mind me asking?
Still a pundit for a syndicated radio show a few times a week.

There is too much not known yet to make a solid prediction and way too much time for things to come out. Lots of vetting yet to come. The numbers won't even start to come together until we're down to at least 7. (I worked analytics for a few campaigns, I'm freakish about County numbers and polling data)

Reptilicus
07-17-2015, 10:41 PM
Howdy from TEXAS Tks!!! I shall drink a toast to your continued health and well being and look forward to reading your post!!! Salud!!!

Inor
07-17-2015, 10:57 PM
Still a pundit for a syndicated radio show a few times a week.

There is too much not known yet to make a solid prediction and way too much time for things to come out. Lots of vetting yet to come. The numbers won't even start to come together until we're down to at least 7. (I worked analytics for a few campaigns, I'm freakish about County numbers and polling data)

Which radio show? Who should we all be listening to? :biglaugh:

P.S. Please tell your contacts that although Trump is not my guy in the primary, I sure like the way he is facing down politically taboo topics head on, in hard honest language. If a few of the other campaigns (like Scott Walker for example) would follow that model and follow through on the rhetoric with action once they win, the Republicans would be the majority for a generation.

Tks
07-17-2015, 11:14 PM
Which radio show? Who should we all be listening to? :biglaugh:

P.S. Please tell your contacts that although Trump is not my guy in the primary, I sure like the way he is facing down politically taboo topics head on, in hard honest language. If a few of the other campaigns (like Scott Walker for example) would follow that model and follow through on the rhetoric with action once they win, the Republicans would be the majority for a generation.
It's a liberal show, I'm the token conservative. Please don't listen and give them the ratings. I'm hoping to use the time for my real in hopes that I can have my own show someday.

Ha! Wish they would listen. I like what he's saying too and would kill for one of the top boys (or lady) to start saying the same stuff. (even if trump is a bloviated narcissistic corporatist shill). Personally, I still believe if a top Republican candidate came out swinging like that and could get media coverage, they would have a landslide victory but their all to scared of the pc police and they would be written off by the press therefore getting no coverage.

Tks
07-17-2015, 11:20 PM
Actually, what one of them needs is a campaign manager with the balls of Atwater and the public to take the blinders off and recognize a Dukakis moment when they see it.

Inor
07-17-2015, 11:53 PM
Ha! Wish they would listen. I like what he's saying too and would kill for one of the top boys (or lady) to start saying the same stuff. (even if trump is a bloviated narcissistic corporatist shill). Personally, I still believe if a top Republican candidate came out swinging like that and could get media coverage, they would have a landslide victory but their all to scared of the pc police and they would be written off by the press therefore getting no coverage.

Hmmm. I wonder about that now. By caving to the PC police, the candidates give them more power. But with social media, etc. now... Plus, a lot of the networks only care about ratings anymore. Thus, the more "over the top" the candidate, the better the ratings. I guess we do have the general to worry about. But it is still fun to dream.

Tks
07-18-2015, 12:14 AM
Hmmm. I wonder about that now. By caving to the PC police, the candidates give them more power. But with social media, etc. now... Plus, a lot of the networks only care about ratings anymore. Thus, the more "over the top" the candidate, the better the ratings. I guess we do have the general to worry about. But it is still fun to dream.
It can be done though. Reagan was the dark horse in the 1980 primary. He got very little serious press until he swept super Tuesday. Everyone thought he was a joke candidate and the nomination was a lock for Bush. As Reagan said "it's time for the silent majority to stand and be heard". It's that time again.