PDA

View Full Version : Every 7 Years The Economy Crashes

Montana Rancher
07-17-2015, 11:25 PM
I've been reading 2 books from the author in this video, very interesting.

http://usawatchdog.com/great-shaking-and-collapse-is-coming-jonathan-cahn/

From what I see, expect another 2008 or worse financial problem this fall.

Tks
07-18-2015, 12:29 AM
I'm gonna say it, sorry if it offends but this author is endorsed by WND and Alex Jones' InfoWars, which does not bode well for the authors credibility.
Once I see that come up on the first few entries of a Google search, I peace out.

Slippy
07-18-2015, 06:05 AM
Sometimes both WND and Alex Jones will find a "nut" so to speak. I try and find other supporting bits of information before I take anything as truth.

But I have to admit that the fundamentals of a strong economy just are not there. There are too many bubble activities (Fed backed Student loans for one) that may spark another financial crisis.

BucketBack
07-18-2015, 06:39 AM
Sometimes both WND and Alex Jones will find a "nut" so to speak. I try and find other supporting bits of information before I take anything as truth.

But I have to admit that the fundamentals of a strong economy just are not there. There are too many bubble activities (Fed backed Student loans for one) that may spark another financial crisis.

I think it was " Even a blind squirrel finds his nut once in awhile"

Arklatex
07-18-2015, 07:15 AM
Is this the Shmita thing again? Has something to do with the Jewish calendar, every 7th year is the Shmita and all the major economic collapses have occurred on Shmita years. This year is supposed to be especially bad due to the 4 consecutive blood moons and the star of Bethlehem situation we saw a few weeks ago.

Believe it or not, I don't know... But the collapses alway happen in these years. It's something to think about.

They made a movie our of one of this guy's books. The harbinger I think. Didn't see it yet.

hawgrider
07-18-2015, 07:29 AM
Is this the Shmita thing again? Has something to do with the Jewish calendar, every 7th year is the Shmita and all the major economic collapses have occurred on Shmita years. This year is supposed to be especially bad due to the 4 consecutive blood moons and the star of Bethlehem situation we saw a few weeks ago.

Believe it or not, I don't know... But the collapses alway happen in these years. It's something to think about.

They made a movie our of one of this guy's books. The harbinger I think. Didn't see it yet.Is this the ģarbage Mangy Moron is preaching over at shawshank?

Arklatex
07-18-2015, 07:32 AM
Is this the ģarbage Mangy Moron is preaching over at shawshank?
I think so. But he has taken it to a whole new level last time I seen it.

Slippy
07-18-2015, 08:24 AM

I don't care who you are, that sentence is comedic genius!

Txwheels
07-18-2015, 08:35 AM
I'm gonna say it, sorry if it offends but this author is endorsed by WND and Alex Jones' InfoWars, which does not bode well for the authors credibility.
Once I see that come up on the first few entries of a Google search, I peace out.

All of us Texans understand that Alex Jones has a conspiracy going on in his shorts. Or at least he thinks he does...

Moose
07-18-2015, 10:11 AM
I haven't read the books but if I understand it correctly, the end of times is supposed to come in Sept of this year on the fourth blood moon of this cycle. Thoughts?

Arklatex
07-18-2015, 10:31 AM
I haven't read the books but if I understand it correctly, the end of times is supposed to come in Sept of this year on the fourth blood moon of this cycle. Thoughts?
I'm not sure if I believe it or not, especially when you throw in the astronomical signs. It's not like the world will just end on September 13-14, they are saying it will be the beginning of the end. Possibly the beginning of what is laid out in Revelations. But on a less conspiracy theory level just look at the sad state of our country and economy. What happened in Greece could one day happen to us. All the bad things happening around the world... It could happen. I am always skeptical if SHTF dates. Like Y2K, Mayan calendar, etc. We will see and it will either happen or it won't. I am not going to go out of my way to prepare any more than usual because of this.

OSFG
07-19-2015, 12:34 AM

I'm don't have to pay my mortgage anymore cause the world ends in two months...it will be 3 before they foreclose... I'm gonna Max my credit cards and hit Vegas. Hells yeah...hella fun going down in August...whose in?

Sarge7402
07-19-2015, 07:34 AM

Folks have been predicting the end of times for as long as the bible has been around.

Perhaps it would be more productive to do some real intelligence gathering and seeing how the pieces fit together.

Pauls
07-19-2015, 12:10 PM
People are just too used to reading a single passage in the Bible and interpreting it through their own filters.
If you take the Bible you can piece the different passages together to make up some real goofy stuff. If you want to understand what it says take a whole chapter or even a whole book at a time.

OSFG
07-19-2015, 12:33 PM
My pastor routinely reads 8 or more verses in his sermon and encourages us to read ourselves to question his teachings....he is a good pastor...sadly I'm a bad Christian...its hard to be a good Christian when you want to kill some people.

Inor
07-19-2015, 01:09 PM
My pastor routinely reads 8 or more verses in his sermon and encourages us to read ourselves to question his teachings....he is a good pastor...sadly I'm a bad Christian...its hard to be a good Christian when you want to kill some people.

Some people just need killing. I am pretty sure God knows that. Just like God gave us hippies so we would have somebody to punch.

Pauls
07-19-2015, 09:14 PM
I am not convinced that God gave us hippies for that particular reason - maybe as an example of going too far in any one direction... but then we have example of some who go too far in the other direction too.

Inor
07-19-2015, 10:23 PM
I am not convinced that God gave us hippies for that particular reason - maybe as an example of going too far in any one direction... but then we have example of some who go too far in the other direction too.

You wouldn't be alluding to me would you Paul? :biglaugh:

I have always been a big fan of Ockham's Razor.

The principle states that among competing hypotheses that predict equally well, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected. Other, more complicated solutions may ultimately prove to provide better predictions, but—in the absence of differences in predictive ability—the fewer assumptions that are made, the better.

Therefore, God gave us hippies so we would have somebody to punch.

Pauls
07-20-2015, 11:24 AM
You are leaving out the empirical evidence that is required to formulate your hypothesis.
Since hippies exist - is the only fact of your statement - your statement that they exist is correct but what follows is is less true than an emotional response on your part.
Ockhams Razor would show that hippies exist.

Inor
07-20-2015, 11:42 AM
Ockhams Razor would show that hippies exist.

Punching hippies is good. God is good. Therefore God wants us to punch hippies.

Slippy
07-20-2015, 02:29 PM

I know this very charismatic college football coach, the kind of guy who you want to run through a brick wall for...Sadly one of his players died and Coach was asked to speak at the funeral. Coach was from South Louisiana and had that Cajun accent and was rough around the edges but he agrees to speak at the funeral

When it was his turn, he struts up to the church podium, looks around at the people sitting in the pews and its so quiet you could hear people's hearts beating. Coach then turns and points at the casket of his player (a tough as nails undersized linebacker that has made it to NCAA D1 at the time.) So he points at the casket and says in his booming voice;

We don't always understand why God does what he does. And I'm just a sinful old broke down football coach. But this right here, this tells me that sometimes, God just needs an Ass Kicking Angel to kick some ass!

And he sits down. Everybody was silent for a sec then broke out in applause. Damndest thing, true story.

OSFG
07-20-2015, 03:51 PM

naw...for punching....thats what my pastor says. they need to feel like a victem

RWalls
07-22-2015, 04:27 PM

Finally, I've been waiting.

Pauls
07-22-2015, 10:08 PM
Does this mean that olbambam is going to be the LAST president?

Montana Rancher
08-13-2015, 11:17 PM
I don't really know who Alex Jones is, I watched a bit of his stuff on Youtube and not anyone I really trust, seems like a emotion nazi to me.

I haven't paid much attention to this post since I put it up 30ish days ago, but I still suggest reading these books:

http://www.amazon.com/Harbinger-Ancient-Mystery-Secret-Americas/dp/161638610X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439524853&sr=8-1&keywords=harbinger

http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Shemitah-000-Year-Old-Secret-Americas/dp/1629981931/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439525012&sr=8-1&keywords=schmitah

I find it funny that people preparing for SHTF consider EMP, black swans, computer hacks, conspiracies, markets, derivatives, and a hundred other possible sources of mayhem, but bring a spiritual aspect into it and suddenly the subject is fringe talk show material.

Its funny that I found this thread again exactly 1 month from Sept 13th, lets see what happens.

Of course if you take the time to read the books, it isn't about that one date, but if you read the books you will understand that this fall is going to suck.

Inor
08-14-2015, 12:05 AM
I read Harbinger and it gave me a bunch to think about. I read it a few years ago and it still pops up in my mind. It is definitely a book worth reading.

I do not view Shemitah in the same light. Harbinger was basically a book on history. Cahn was basically tying events that actually happened to Bible/Torah prophecy. I am not saying that is easy or wrong, but it does not give him a prerequisite to predict the future.

His book Shemitah is different. He is stating: Because I gave you a very plausible view of how 9/11 should be interpreted biblically, you should believe my prophesy for the future.

For me only: Meh, not so fast Tex. He wrote Harbinger well after the attacks. He did a good job of tying the details of the attacks and the responses to them to biblical prophesy. He had time to research the associations between prophesy and fact because it had already happened.

With his book Shemitah, I find his premise arrogant: "Because I was able to interpret well documented events in the past in the context of Bible, you should believe my predictions of the future." Yeah, not so much. What gives Cahn the personal cell phone number to God? How is he more special than the rest of us that get on out knees?

Yes - His opinion is valid. But it is no more valid than yours or mine of anybody elses. It is just a prediction based on his view of the world.

As for me, I am going to continue to prep for all manner of destruction.

hawgrider
08-14-2015, 05:25 AM
I am not buying any of it. My prediction? Fall will come and go like any other fall. Lets check in here after the first of the year.:)

BucketBack
08-14-2015, 06:49 AM
i am not buying any of it. My prediction? Fall will come and go like any other fall. Lets check in here after the first of the year.:)

q f t

hawgrider
08-14-2015, 06:59 AM
q f tI had to look the acronym up LOL

Pauls
08-14-2015, 10:26 PM
If the SHTF event is going to be a religious event then all the good Christians won't need their supplies. They will all be taken from the world before the strife begins.

I don't think I am that good - but then I haven't been told I'm not either. I prep for the physical stuff. The religious stuff takes care of itself.

Montana Rancher
08-21-2015, 10:59 PM
If the SHTF event is going to be a religious event then all the good Christians won't need their supplies. They will all be taken from the world before the strife begins.

I don't think I am that good - but then I haven't been told I'm not either. I prep for the physical stuff. The religious stuff takes care of itself.

I love your post Pauls, but most interpretations of the bible are for 3.5 years of persecution and then the rapture. So IMO if you are saved expect a few years of problems before and an eternity of bliss after. My point of the post was this could possibly be the start of the 3.5 years.

I'll be entertained watching what happens from here, even since I started the post the stock market seems very weak.

Edit holy crap... down another 3% today, good thing its a weekend!

Montana Rancher
08-21-2015, 11:48 PM
Doubling down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgYZlPAJHv0

It is worth watching it all the way through.

Sarge7402
08-22-2015, 01:26 AM

It's not garbage. Garbage smells better.

Inor
08-23-2015, 10:15 PM
The fireworks start at about 12:00. But it is worth listening to the whole thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=842&v=b4wKIrBlXZ4

Montana Rancher
08-23-2015, 11:23 PM
The fireworks start at about 12:00. But it is worth listening to the whole thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=842&v=b4wKIrBlXZ4

Nice post, I especially liked the quote around 9:20 "Dow Jones death cross is an unavoidable harbinger."

My only point would be that yes of course the economy is going to crash this fall, but is it the "death cross" or has it been fortold?

Inor
08-24-2015, 08:31 AM
My only point would be that yes of course the economy is going to crash this fall, but is it the "death cross" or has it been fortold?

It is Bob Dylan: "You don't need to be a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing."

Pauls
08-24-2015, 03:14 PM
A truely "self fulfilling" action/reaction. If enough people bail on the market over this then it will collapse. Trends and confidence drives the market so if people start selling, confidence drops and more people will sell. More people lose confidence and and they sell. This kind of prediction can be the cause of a failed market prediction to be realized.

Having said that I believe the market and the dollar have been artificially supported for some time and it would take very little to collapse the entire system. I would be getting my money out very quickly and quietly and putting it into gold and silver.