PDA

View Full Version : Review: Luci inflatable solar lantern

Arklatex
07-18-2015, 08:45 AM
Picked this thing up a few weeks ago. It was $10 at a truck stop. This thing is great for backpacking or a bug out bag, get home bag, etc. I've taken it fishing and it's plenty of light for a small area. Here are the specs:

Lightweight, only 2.6 ounces

No batteries

4 settings: normal, bright, flashing, and red flashing sos.

7 hours on the max setting.

Claims to hold 95% charge after a month.

Operates from 15 to 122 degrees.

Waterproof and shockproof and it floats. Not sure if it would be waterproof if you popped it but who knows.

It's about the size of several cds stacked up when deflated, about the size of a bulk pack of cds like you use to burn music and videos on when inflated.

So far it's lived up to all its claims except the 1 month charge thing, haven't tested that yet. I think this would be we plenty of light for a tent and it has straps that you can clip it onto anything with a carabiner. Yes it's just a cheap ass piece of gear but I think it's great for a bob. If you see one go ahead and pick some up, they are worth it. They would also be good for power outage situations.

hawgrider
07-18-2015, 10:42 AM
I like it. Pretty slick!

Slippy
07-18-2015, 12:29 PM
When I'm travelling and need to take a leak I try to find the big national chain truck stops. They got some neat stuff and sometimes their CB radio prices are real cheap.

I like that solar light thing. Good find Ark.

But on a separate note, if I have to take a dump, I look for a clean hotel that doesn't have a bar like a Hampton Inn or newer Holiday Inn Express. No bar means you don't have a bunch of drunks trashing the bathrooms. I like to crap in a clean place if you know what I mean.