PDA

View Full Version : The unknown Heroes we have served with- Lets tell their stories.

OSFG
08-02-2015, 10:04 PM
I learned today,,,I should not share that which is sacred....forgive me my friends.

Inor
08-02-2015, 11:41 PM
There is no "greatest" generation. Only great individuals. You are one of them. You have told us accounts of others. I hope you continue so the rest of us can figure out the standard we need to live up to.

Thanks to you and thanks to your friends lost, and not lost.

Inor
08-02-2015, 11:52 PM
thanks so much Inor...It was bothering me that no one commented for awhile... it made me think I should delete this and be quiet. I get impatient when I put my soul out there. I talk of this for folks like you, who I want to know that our military is full of folks like me and better than me...not mindless autobots doing the governments bidding.. We are you...we are your kids, moms and dads... not Nazi SS. we will be there with you when it counts...I know I will be, as will my boys.

At least with me, you forget who you are talking to. :biglaugh: Do not forget I have spend about half my time the last couple years working with Army and Navy folks at Ft Mead, Ft Gordon and Pearl. I am proud as hell of "my" kids.

Tks
08-03-2015, 12:55 AM
I read them and was honored to do so. Thank you for sharing.

Pauls
08-03-2015, 01:11 AM
Personal histories are a blessing to be shared. It reminds us that there are men and women who do valiant deeds when they are called upon. Like some it stands out as a ruler with which to measure my own convictions.

It can also lead people to wait for that "other" person to step in and do something. we each have to realize that we have to be the "hero" when called upon. We have to make the tough choices and take the risks to make each day better for all of us. Sadly most just accept what they are handed and move along with the crowd. "follow the company or party line. Don't think about going outside the boundaries and take a chance that it will be unpopular.

We see it at the airports, at the "gun free" zones and at the polls. Keep walking that party line - it is "better for you" and the results just keep getting worse.

Look at our history - look at those who really made a difference. Imitate their valor if you don't have your own.

Those past heroes, and those among us who have done heroic things are to be honored and respected for what they did - not because it was extraordinary but because it was the right thing to do at the time. Then decide for yourself what the right thing to do is right now.

I don't want to take anything away from those brave men and women - but not one of them would have called themselves heroes. They just did their job - the right thing to do - without considering the risks to themselves. We can honor them best by emulating them in our daily lives.

OSFG
08-03-2015, 01:17 AM
Personal histories are a blessing to be shared. It reminds us that there are men and women who do valiant deeds when they are called upon. Like some it stands out as a ruler with which to measure my own convictions.

It can also lead people to wait for that "other" person to step in and do something. we each have to realize that we have to be the "hero" when called upon. We have to make the tough choices and take the risks to make each day better for all of us. Sadly most just accept what they are handed and move along with the crowd. "follow the company or party line. Don't think about going outside the boundaries and take a chance that it will be unpopular.

We see it at the airports, at the "gun free" zones and at the polls. Keep walking that party line - it is "better for you" and the results just keep getting worse.

Look at our history - look at those who really made a difference. Imitate their valor if you don't have your own.

Those past heroes, and those among us who have done heroic things are to be honored and respected for what they did - not because it was extraordinary but because it was the right thing to do at the time. Then decide for yourself what the right thing to do is right now.

I don't want to take anything away from those brave men and women - but not one of them would have called themselves heroes. They just did their job - the right thing to do - without considering the risks to themselves. We can honor them best by emulating them in our daily lives.

they are what they are,,,

OSFG
08-03-2015, 01:19 AM
This thread is over