PDA

View Full Version : Google

Inor
08-08-2015, 08:54 AM
As if this crew needed another reason to hate Google:

http://www.wired.com/2015/08/googles-search-algorithm-steal-presidency/

So hypothetically, if it came down to matchup between Clinton and Fiorina... Would Google side with one of their own from Silicon Valley or the one that is already bought and paid for?

Tks
08-08-2015, 09:13 AM
They don't like her, never did. She was an outsider who came in and "failed".

Also Republicans suck at using the algorithms to their advantage, she would be more advanced than most but the GOP is still in the stone age. Tech is a foreign language to most of them and their teams. Still think the old way is the best.

Sparkyprep
08-08-2015, 01:06 PM
Let's face it, Liberals rule the "tech world" of "social media". Conservatives are holding on to the old ways, and if they don't catch up, the world is going to leave them behind. I hope not, but it could happen. The world, and society, changes fast. Adapt, or go extinct.

James m
08-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Fox still doesn't have a mobile website. That's most people living in tech year after 2008.

Inor
08-08-2015, 05:13 PM
Fox still doesn't have a mobile website. That's most people living in tech year after 2008.

Yes they do. They have had it for years. It is http://m.foxnews.com.

Granted, it is not very well done. But it does exist.

James m
08-08-2015, 05:16 PM
Even that is dated and antiquated. Hey that rhyme's! My device usually redirects to the mobile site, fox is the only one that doesn't redirect....

Inor
08-08-2015, 05:35 PM
Even that is dated and antiquated. Hey that rhyme's! My device usually redirects to the mobile site, fox is the only one that doesn't redirect....

Check your device because mine does.

James m
08-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Damn it does now. Another Saturday night party across the street. Usually goes until 12:30 am. It's the same goddamned song every week.

Inor
08-08-2015, 06:10 PM
Damn it does now.

I think it is triggered by an HTTP header. I am not sure which one, but I am pretty sure that is how they do it.

Another Saturday night party across the street. Usually goes until 12:30 am. It's the same goddamned song every week.

Damn James! You are starting to sound like an old man. In other words, me. :biglaugh:

James m
08-08-2015, 06:59 PM
The hip hop party is hopping tonight. I tried asking Google to see what song was playing in my living room. They are parked around the corner on the street. The cops were there two weeks ago. You know what they say, its not a party till the sheriff's department shows up!!!!
It also seems my dog would like to attend this party, she keeps going out.

TJC44
08-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Is her tail up, or her hackles?

Inor
08-08-2015, 08:06 PM
Is her tail up, or her hackles?

At a hip hop party, how do you tell the difference? In other words where does the ass end and the head begin?

TJC44
08-08-2015, 08:08 PM
So it would come down to who buys more ad space on Google or the other social sites, or who owns more stock shares.

Money, Money, money! Money!

TJC44
08-08-2015, 08:13 PM
If it were her hackles, let her out, she wants to chase down some baggy pants. for dinner.
If it's her tail, keep her in, she's probably going into heat and wants to chase down some baggy pants.

Inor
08-08-2015, 08:19 PM
If it were her hackles, let her out, she wants to chase down some baggy pants. for dinner.
If it's her tail, keep her in, she's probably going into heat and wants to chase down some baggy pants.

But in either case, hide the frying pan and the rolling pin!

Sparkyprep
08-08-2015, 08:49 PM
So it would come down to who buys more ad space on Google or the other social sites, or who owns more stock shares.

Money, Money, money! Money!

Goes back to what I said about greed of money and power in this country.

Inor
08-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Goes back to what I said about greed of money and power in this country.

In Silicon Valley, I do not even think it is money. The money flows pretty freely there. Once you have more money than you can ever spend, it is ONLY about power. But you are absolutely right.