PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Core 15 Tac iii AR 15 or very similar

ready2play
02-27-2014, 01:03 AM
I had one lined up which sold before I could get up to meet the guy...was a brand new Core 15 Tac iii with red/green dot and laser scope. Would like to get something along the same line, really like the specs on it. Looking in the $800-$1100 range

Things I am looking for:

1:7 twist
Lightweight
Mil spec
No Frankenstein guns please...I like custom builds, but would prefer those done on my own
Prefer flat top

Basically, I would like it as close to the tac iii as possible (or the tac iii itself) possibly interested in certain Colts and Daniel defense.... NOT interested in bushmaster or dpms

incogkneegrow
02-27-2014, 07:50 AM
If it's lightweight it's not mil spec.

You also realize that custom is just another word for frankengun right?

ready2play
02-27-2014, 01:24 PM

I beg to differ.... the core is mil-spec, and look at the unloaded weight...just over 5 lbs. That is lightweight, that is mil spec. Not to mention, my last issue firearm was lightweight and had plenty of "extras".....are you to say a military weapon (obvious mil spec) cannot be lightweight?

And yes, I understand what "custom" is. Please read the statement carefully... I said if I want that, I prefer to be the one to do it. Otherwise it's not "custom" to me....it's somebody else's platform design, so no different than buying something stock off the shelves because I will likely change things.....but I also have a company to yell at if something is done wrong. If you build a weapon, and do something "wrong" in the build or take shortcuts, I may not know unless I break it down to barebones. I'd rather not trust every average Joe's abilities THAT much..

incogkneegrow
02-27-2014, 01:31 PM
The upper and lower might be to mil spec's BUT the entire rifle is not mil spec, and technically there is no third hole in the lower so it really isn't mil spec

ready2play
02-27-2014, 01:42 PM
The upper and lower might be to mil spec's BUT the entire rifle is not mil spec, and technically there is no third hole in the lower so it really isn't mil spec

If we wanna get down to brass tax, NO civilian AR is "mil spec" because they aren't gov regulated and many other factors....I am not asking for a "military" rife here....I am asking for QUALITY for a decent price (not more than what I can buy one online or locally for).

And btw....third hole to me means squat. I am not trying to build something illegal. I never even liked the way it worked on that rifle platform when I was in. For anything auto, I would go with something pre-ban and take the necessary legal steps. I have no "need" for an automatic weapon...I plan on re-honing my "distance" shooting (hence the 1:7 twist). I have only done short range shooting the past couple years

Suspicious Package
02-28-2014, 01:46 PM

Depends on whether you're selling or buying.

ready2play
03-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Still searching... I also have a couple guns I could use as trade fodder

budgetprepp-n
12-15-2015, 01:33 AM
Would you be interested in a stock LE6920 Colt? I just got one delivered for $810 - New
Leaves a little for your own custom touch.
Let me know

RubberDuck
12-15-2015, 03:37 AM
https://youtu.be/glk1qMbj7S0

hawgrider
12-15-2015, 04:13 AM
Hahahah great video.

BucketBack
10-19-2018, 02:16 PM
https://youtu.be/glk1qMbj7S0

Been there down that, glad I grew out of it though. I did acquire some nice modern sporting rifles in the RBRD and BRD stages .

I never throw out any AR parts, I sell them.

490 + feedback on arfcom
https://www.ar15.com/member/user.html?id=354605

Sparkyprep
10-19-2018, 08:59 PM
I’ve got something that fits your description, but I wouldn’t sell it for $5000. Sorry. Good luck.

Dwight55
10-19-2018, 10:18 PM
............................Basically, I would like it as close to the tac iii as possible (or the tac iii itself) possibly interested in certain Colts and Daniel defense.... NOT interested in bushmaster or dpms

Partner, . . . the video guy needs to clean up his language, . . . but the overall message is good.

Building a milspec AR is not much harder than sitting down and eating 3 Tim Horton doughnuts and a cup of coffee.

Yeah, . . . you need a few tools, . . . buy em now, . . . build yer gun, . . . sell em on ebay, . . . or keep em for the next one.

Buy the milspec pieces, . . . put it together watching a couple Youtube videos, . . . take it out and make it go bang.

I had never done one until I got a kind of challenge on another website by a friend, . . . turned out he was dead straight on the money, . . . it worked like a champ.

So far I've done two 5.56 for me and one 7.62 x 39 for my son. All are good shooters, . . . my two are 1 moa guns, . . . and your tac iii won't be any better than that if it will even get there.

May God bless,
Dwight

BucketBack
10-25-2018, 08:29 PM
Evening gal hid all my white Kit Kat bars, oar did I?

BucketBack
10-25-2018, 08:38 PM
That's just racist

BucketBack
10-25-2018, 08:39 PM
Found them
still no pic/ vid option

hawgrider
10-26-2018, 05:11 AM
Sure there is-

https://i.imgur.com/RJS1NxE.jpg

BucketBack
10-26-2018, 07:50 AM
icons needed

hawgrider
10-26-2018, 09:23 AM
icons needed

Easy buttons still messed up dealing with the firewall people is not going well. So we use tags or just copy paste from your picture host like this-

https://i.imgur.com/RJS1NxE.jpg