PDA

View Full Version : Excited for this weekend

Coppertop
09-24-2015, 07:56 AM
Headed out this morning to start the party. The "wife" and I have been together almost 5 years and on Sat we will make it official. It's been one hell of an interesting road so far and I'm excited to see where things go.

Since we have been together we have moved twice (and are going to again soon), gotten sober, become EMT's, are buying a business that she has NO experience in, both lost good jobs within a month, battled PTSD and depression, been through some tough patches concerning kids and family, and I am teaching her to hunt. I think if we can survive all this, we can get through anything.

I'm pretty excited. The first marriage was a JP after work deal as she was 8 months and 3 1/2 weeks pregnant, and I had to go back to work 3 hours later. This one is going to start out right with the priest, the family, and everything like it should be.

I'll talk to you all soon.

Coppertop
09-24-2015, 07:59 AM
Haaa I thought I put this in general discussion, not general survival---- Maybe that should tell me something.

If one of the MODs wants to move it, I would appreciate it.

:thumb:

Thanks

Inor
09-24-2015, 09:48 AM
Given the subject matter, I think this one is better left in General Survival. :biglaugh:

Congratulations CT. Life is damn good eh? :D

Auntie
09-24-2015, 11:44 AM
Congratulations on all of your accomplishments. Isn't it amazing how love can help us overcome so many things.

OSFG
09-24-2015, 07:02 PM
All the little trials to help show you both what is most important. My marriage advice? Make her the focal point of your life and never, never forget that each tear you cause her is a drop of love for you that is lost.

Best of luck....Live, Love, and Laugh as much as you can.

TJC44
09-24-2015, 07:14 PM
Congratulations, Coppertop!

James m
09-24-2015, 07:18 PM
Good luck with married life.

Reptilicus
09-24-2015, 07:26 PM
My best wishes to you both!!! Sounds like you have been a team for a bit now, just remember there is no I in team!! I shall drink a toast to your shared love and long life together this weekend!!!! SALUD!!!

Deebo
09-24-2015, 08:51 PM
That's great coppertop.
Blessings come in many ways, I am glad your happy.

Baglady
09-24-2015, 09:31 PM
CONGRATULATIONS COPPERTOP!!!!!!!!!

:thewave:

Prepared One
09-27-2015, 10:06 AM
A woman you love and trust is gold. Congrats!

Coppertop
09-27-2015, 08:32 PM
Thanks Everyone. I do appreciate it. It was a really great weekend, Lots of food, family and dancing. I was surprised as some family showed up that we didn't think were coming.

Again- Thank you, I am humbled by your support.

Baglady
09-28-2015, 11:13 PM
Thanks Everyone. I do appreciate it. It was a really great weekend, Lots of food, family and dancing. I was surprised as some family showed up that we didn't think were coming.

Again- Thank you, I am humbled by your support.So, when can we see some pic's of the special event?? What kind of food? Details, Man! Hope your Honeymoon lasts a lifetime. :thumb:

Coppertop
10-01-2015, 06:01 PM
I'll post pics as soon as I have some, I was a little too busy to take them myself :-) We had a short ceremony, ate brisket for dinner, cheesecake instead of wedding cake (yuck) and then started dancing. It was a lot of fun.

I'll get pics up soon.

Thanks