PDA

View Full Version : 45 Years Ago

rice paddy daddy
09-27-2015, 02:07 PM
45 years ago today, Sept 27, 1970, at approximately 6:00 PM Pacific Time I arrived at Fort Lewis, Washington, the end of a journey that had begun days earlier at Camp Red Devil, Quang Tri Province, Republic of Vietnam.
In one more day I would be a civilian. But I would never be the same.:wall:

I was never a hero, but I am proud to have served with some.

Slippy and Inor - September 2016, Fort Benning Georgia. 96th annual reunion of the Society of the Fifth Division. Be there!:samflags:

MoreAmmoOK
09-27-2015, 02:47 PM
Not a hero... I don't agree.

THANKS

MI.oldguy
09-27-2015, 04:48 PM
You came back.others didn't.my late brother did two tours,wasn't the same either.but we were glad he came back at all.he was called many a name when he returned,we called him a hero.

Thanks for your service.

James m
09-27-2015, 05:38 PM
Hopefully your sacrifice is remembered.

hawgrider
09-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Thanks for your service.

Slippy
09-27-2015, 06:18 PM
God Bless You Sir and Men like You.

I know of a few who did not make it back from Vietnam and I know of a few who did. My life is much better because of those who did and did not. My life is better because of Rice Paddy Daddy. I know that.

I wish war was not something that people did not do. But I'm glad that we have warriors who do what they do.

I pray that the men and women in our Congress have wisdom and if they decide to War, then allow our Warriors to do best what they do.

45 years ago today, Sept 27, 1970, at approximately 6:00 PM Pacific Time I arrived at Fort Lewis, Washington, the end of a journey that had begun days earlier at Camp Red Devil, Quang Tri Province, Republic of Vietnam.

Slippy and Inor - September 2016, Fort Benning Georgia. 96th annual reunion of the Society of the Fifth Division. Be there!:samflags:

Inor
09-27-2015, 08:03 PM
God Bless You Sir and Men like You.

I know of a few who did not make it back from Vietnam and I know of a few who did. My life is much better because of those who did and did not. My life is better because of Rice Paddy Daddy. I know that.

I wish war was not something that people did not do. But I'm glad that we have warriors who do what they do.

I pray that the men and women in our Congress have wisdom and if they decide to War, then allow our Warriors to do best what they do.

I double what Slippy says. He said it better than I can.

Thank God for guys like you and Dwight, RPD.

OSFG
09-27-2015, 09:04 PM

You and your brother warriors were heroes to me and the reason I served myself. And it was and has been you and your brothers who stop the repeat of the anti soldier movement which is thinly masked as an anti War movement....which strangely has been silent since Obama came on board....Unh,??? what war has ended? we are still in Afghanistan...we are back in Iraq, and leaning towards Syria, and other places..

anyway, I digress. Thanks for your service RPD.

Respectfully,
OSFG

rice paddy daddy
09-27-2015, 10:13 PM
Well, it has been a day of reflection.
And it's time for bed.
It is truly a Blessing from God that I am still on this earth. As it is for any of you here - tomorrow you may be hit by a cement truck that ran a red light.

Good night, y'all.

And thanks for the kind words. I mean that.

OSFG
09-27-2015, 10:19 PM
Well, it has been a day of reflection.
And it's time for bed.
It is truly a Blessing from God that I am still on this earth. As it is for any of you here - tomorrow you may be hit by a cement truck that ran a red light.

Good night, y'all.

And thanks for the kind words. I mean that.

RPD...this world can label a person a hero or not, but no one is truly a hero until someone thinks of them in that way. a medal is nothing....the word is just a word until someone who thinks of you that way shows it....I am doing that for you right now.

rice paddy daddy
09-28-2015, 07:04 AM
RPD...this world can label a person a hero or not, but no one is truly a hero until someone thinks of them in that way. a medal is nothing....the word is just a word until someone who thinks of you that way shows it....I am doing that for you right now.

Thank you.
Coming from you that means a lot.
One day we will sit down and I will buy you a cup of coffee.
I promise.

Baglady
09-28-2015, 11:00 PM
After being put through hell, you came out to know the true value of friendship and love for your fellow man/woman. That shows me an amazing person. God Bless, RPD.

OSFG
09-29-2015, 04:25 AM
Thank you.
Coming from you that means a lot.
One day we will sit down and I will buy you a cup of coffee.
I promise.

It would be an honor and a joy to drink a cup of coffee with you RPD...we can fight over who pays when the tab comes...God bless you brother....