PDA

View Full Version : Roasted tater bites

Arklatex
10-06-2015, 01:06 PM
Just learned this one recently and it's great. Especially with steaks or burgers. It's real easy to fix.

1/8 cup of olive oil

3/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1 tablespoon of minced garlic

2 tablespoons of rosemary

Mix all that crap together in a cup.

Now take a bag of those little red or white taters like they sell at wally world and clean em up. Then chop em up into halves and quarters. Pour the spiced oil on them and mix it all up.

Preheat the oven to 400. Put the taters in there on a baking sheet. A piece of greased foil makes cleanup easy. Leave em in there for an hour or so, mix em around ever so often so they don't stick and get a good even browning.

Let em cool a minute and then enjoy! These things are freaking amazing! An alternative is to wrap em up in a foul pouch and grill over medium coals. I like mine spicy so I add that after they're done. Serve alone or with ketchup.

Inor
10-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Sounds freakin' awesome Ark! Thanks!

Inor
10-06-2015, 06:17 PM
Mrs Inor is making up some "Ark Taters" as I write this. I just sparked up the egg and will be grilling up a couple steaks once it get up to temperature. I expect great things.

TJC44
10-06-2015, 06:32 PM
Sounds a lot better than what I had. Enjoy.
I did print out the recipe for future reference.

Inor
10-06-2015, 07:46 PM
Those spuds are Inor approved! They are even better when sprinkled with a little bit of Hawg's smoked jalapeno powder. Just the right amount of burn. Most excellent! Thanks guys!

FlyingSQ
10-06-2015, 07:55 PM
Gonna try this tomorrow for dinner. Thanks for the recipe