PDA

View Full Version : No You Can Not Come To My House

hawgrider
10-12-2015, 05:59 AM
No You Can Not Come To My House
This in depth article “No, You Can Not Come To My House” is some tough love encouraging people to be prepared, self sufficient and responsible instead of solely depending on others. How many friends, co workers or even neighbors have made the off handed remark “I am coming to your house if there is an emergency or natural disaster” ?
A great friend will tell you bluntly “no, you can not come to my house”
http://thehomesteadsurvival.com/no-you-can-not-come-to-my-house/

Arklatex
10-12-2015, 06:22 AM
Most people in my day to day life have no idea I have any extra supplies and a mountain of ammo.

hawgrider
10-12-2015, 06:29 AM
Most people in my day to day life have no idea I have any extra supplies and a mountain of ammo.Smart Ark... very smart!

BucketBack
10-12-2015, 07:02 AM
I don't say you cannot come to my home. I say you won't be coming to my home

Tachammer73
10-12-2015, 07:15 AM
I Feel my greatest asset is very few know what I have and even fewer actually know how to get to the homestead :doubleguns:

Slippy
10-12-2015, 07:27 AM
When the sheeple say that to me, I take my tape measure and begin measuring their head and neck. When they ask my what I'm doing, I remind them that pairing the right Pike with the right Head is a science as well as an art.

Baglady
10-12-2015, 12:43 PM
:dancing:

Sasquatch
10-12-2015, 01:22 PM
It's funny how when it's time to move or you need someone to watch the dog while you're out of town nobody can be bothered. But once an emergency happens everyone comes running for your help.

Deebo
10-12-2015, 01:43 PM
Exactly Squatch.
None of my neighbors know I'm a prepper, just an average guy.
Most of my neighbors are pretty self reliant thou.
I have no worries, and could turn away loafers, or put valuable assets to work.
Either way, my family comes first.

OSFG
10-13-2015, 06:22 PM
Nearly every friend of my wife says they are coming to my house if SHTF, I told them, submit to me, give me your women and do what I say when I say, and OK...if not, don't come to my house... Then Mrs. OSFG kicked my ass and I said, ****it don;t come to my house at all...

Seriously, there is a point in which you are weak. Too few for security and you are a victem, to many to feed you all suffer.... It depends on the circumstances. Simple emergency no issues, big time SHTF, more guns, more workers, more assets....the better.

Sparkyprep
10-13-2015, 07:24 PM
I live in a neghborhood full of preppers. We all agree that we can work together, and be self-sufficient, as a community.

Inor
10-13-2015, 07:46 PM
I already told OSFG that he and his whole clan are coming to Club Inor when SHTF. I will be Supreme Overlord and he will be my Minister of Fear. Plus Mrs OSFG is a really nice lady and I think she will occupy Mrs Inor so OSFG and I can get some peace and quiet while we drink beer.

OSFG
10-13-2015, 08:17 PM
I already told OSFG that he and his whole clan are coming to Club Inor when SHTF. I will be Supreme Overlord and he will be my Minister of Fear. Plus Mrs OSFG is a really nice lady and I think she will occupy Mrs Inor so OSFG and I can get some peace and quiet while we drink beer.

OK new plan...headed north to Inors....I like the title of minister of fear and the peace and quiet is just too appealing....Come near us....bring food or ammo or slave labor....or become part of my wall...my barrier....

OSFG
10-13-2015, 08:22 PM
Not the Governor...merely the brain trust for the governor...

but careful Inor.... I distrust the Governor too

S.....P......
10-13-2015, 09:19 PM
My favorite response to give is "are you sure you have been invited?" Followed by "are you willing to bet your life on it?" I have gotten some interesting looks after asking these 2 questions.

James m
10-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Open a bed and breakfast. Charge 300$ a night.