PDA

View Full Version : Policy allows Secret Service to track cellphones without warrant

TJC44
10-22-2015, 06:41 AM
As if we didn't already know this.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10/22/policy-allows-secret-service-to-track-cellphones-without-warrant/?intcmp=hplnws

WASHINGTON – A new policy allows the Secret Service to use intrusive cellphone-tracking technology without a warrant if there's believed to be a nonspecific threat to the president or another protected person.

Homeland Security Assistant Secretary Seth M. Stodder described to a House subcommittee Wednesday the department's policy on the use of cell-site simulators.

Civil libertarians and privacy advocates have long expressed concern about the suitcase-size devices, known as Stingrays, which mimic cell-towers to scoop up electronic data that can be used to locate nearby phones and identify their owners. The devices don't listen in to phone calls or capture text messages, Stodder said.

Theres more, but you get the idea.
BUT...They will ONLY use it in extreme circumstances...
Yeah, right.

TJC

Deebo
10-22-2015, 08:15 AM
A friend of mine at work keeps tape over his cellphone camera.
I figure they know All they want about me.

budgetprepp-n
12-15-2015, 12:39 AM
I see pepole put there cell phone in a special bag they can't be tracked.
What about the chips in your drivers licence? And credit cards?

They track us in so many ways,,,,

RWalls
12-17-2015, 05:58 PM
Didn't y'all see the Will Smith movie? Old news.

OSFG
12-18-2015, 12:09 AM
I cant say anything...but if you knew what I know...scary....just stay up to date...the latest. LTE is not cracked..short of that use code..stay off of commercial coms...its always recorded.

James m
12-18-2015, 05:18 PM
They want a backdoor in any and all encryption. They probably already have it. A think I remember a lot of encryption companies had their software cracked and they went out of business. It is suspected to have been the NSA. This was in the early 00's. It cost people jobs and companies millions.