PDA

View Full Version : Armed and moving about

DerBiermeister
10-24-2015, 05:47 PM
stage: The S has HTF

You and your armed neighbors are taking strategic positions to protect your neighborhood from roving intruders. You no longer have gas for your vehicles.

How are you going to move your weapons of choice (example: at least two rifles and two handguns) and plenty of ammo, and other supplies (food, water, knives, medical kits) a fair distance away from your home?

MoreAmmoOK
10-24-2015, 06:49 PM
Have one of these in my backyard, use it often to haul ammo and stuff to the range out back.

Baglady
10-24-2015, 06:56 PM
We have a horse and wagon. Although just the horse as a pack animal would suffice.

TJC44
10-24-2015, 07:06 PM
If you and your neighbors are protecting the neighborhood, why would you be moving supplies away?

DerBiermeister
10-24-2015, 07:08 PM
If you and your neighbors are protecting the neighborhood, why would you be moving supplies away?

I am talking about moving them TO a strategic location -- for instance the two that I have in mind are about a mile to two miles away from my home.

Arklatex
10-24-2015, 07:29 PM

Aside from the already excellent suggestions of the horse and the radio flyer here is another option. We use these at the factory and they are even capable of towing a small trailer.

Also see this stroller

Good luck to you.

MoreAmmoOK
10-24-2015, 07:29 PM
A horse and wagon would be great. Electric vehicle and wagon would suit me better though. I'm more experienced in the feeding and maintenance of an electric vehicle.

DerBiermeister
10-24-2015, 09:35 PM

Aside from the already excellent suggestions of the horse and the radio flyer here is another option. We use these at the factory and they are even capable of towing a small trailer.

Also see this stroller

Good luck to you.

You and I think alike

Here's mine
http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/864/864625.jpg

BucketBack
10-25-2015, 06:37 PM
The Moss matches well with the fabric

tc556guy
05-08-2016, 01:35 PM
I am talking about moving them TO a strategic location -- for instance the two that I have in mind are about a mile to two miles away from my home.

I don't see being that far from my home if things have gotten that bad in the recent past to the point that security checkpoints are being established
I live in a small village and if the community is indeed coming together for mutual defense, I don't see security checkpoints being established any further than the village limits which are at best a few minutes walk in any direction
I think for general transportation in such a scenario horses, bicycles etc would see increased use in the long term.
Most people living IN the village no longer have a location on their property to house livestock, which would be an issue
Lots of garages would be converted over to housing a horse or two, I'm guessing.

SOCOM42
05-08-2016, 03:07 PM
Tactical wheelbarrow.(joke).
Like the NVA, a bicycle, walk it not ride it.

Jeep
05-08-2016, 07:31 PM

You hump it out. as much as your comfortable with