PDA

View Full Version : Review of Black Dog coffee

Inor
11-15-2015, 10:32 AM
For any of you that did not know, our own Black Dog owns a coffee roasting business.

http://www.blackdogcoffee.net/

Black Dog is too much of a gentleman to ape his coffee here, but I am not.

I recently got three packages of his coffee: Dog Watch Dark Blend, Ethiopian and a Peru organic coffee. So far we have tried the Dog Watch and the Ethiopian and both are freakin' outstanding! The Dog Watch is my favorite so far. It is dark and greasy but not bitter at all. Plus, drinking a cup is like mainlining caffeine! In a word, it is awesome.

This morning we fired up the Ethiopian. It is a much lighter roast. Normally, I am not a big fan of light roasts. But this stuff is an exception. It is very sweet even without cream and sugar. I would never ruin a cup of coffee with cream and sugar, but for you guys that would try the Ethiopian black. I think you will be pleased. It tastes like the morning coffee that you get at high end restaurants and inns in the midwest.

I am greatly looking forward to trying the Peru when I get home from Chi-town later this week.

With Christmas coming up, you should consider picking up a couple bags to serve at your Christmas celebration or to give as gifts. If your friends and family like coffee, they will love this stuff (unless they are not very bright, in which case you should consider a better circle of friends).

http://www.blackdogcoffee.net/product-category/coffee/

DerBiermeister
11-15-2015, 11:15 AM
I am somewhat of a coffee snob myself. I remember visiting Camden Me and discovering New England coffee. I brought back a 10lb bag and then started ordering it online. They have all kinds including all of the flavored crap that you find in places like Starbucks --- but I just prefer the good dark Colombian beans, i.e., real coffee, not a desert.

https://www.newenglandcoffee.com/

Anyway, last night, I had the best cup of coffee that I can remember. I was attending our yacht club's Awards Banquet that was held at a real swanky place in Richmond -- The Commonwealth Club.

http://www.thecommonwealthclub.net/

I will call them tomorrow and see if they will give me the brand. BTW, the meal was also one of best I've had in years.

BlackDog
11-17-2015, 02:00 AM
Thank you Inor for the review and kind words! I'm glad you are enjoying the coffee!

Baglady
11-17-2015, 11:16 PM
Good to know your doing well in your coffee business, BlackDog.
What did Inor do to be so blessed??
;)

Great website btw. I have a sister in Frederick, Md. I'll have to pass this on.

BlackDog
11-20-2015, 09:13 AM
Good to know your doing well in your coffee business, BlackDog.
What did Inor do to be so blessed??
;)

Great website btw. I have a sister in Frederick, Md. I'll have to pass this on.

Inor was working in the area and he, my wife and I met up for dinner. I knew he was a home roaster so we brought him a gift of our fresh roasted coffee. We are so glad we got to meet him. Inor is the real deal. A genuine good guy! It was the best evening out we've had in a good while. To top it off, Mrs. Inor sent us a surprise. A book on our favorite topic, Black Dogs!
By all means, send your sister by! We'd love to meet her. Frederick is just up the road. In fact, I was just there an hour ago delivering coffee to Flying Dog Brewery. Their seasonal offering, Kujo Coffee Stout is flavored with our coffee.

Slippy
11-20-2015, 07:21 PM
Awesome story BlackDog and an Awesome Business! (And I'm not really a coffee drinker!)

Cheers to Inor and BlackDog!

Baglady
11-22-2015, 03:59 PM
Inor was working in the area and he, my wife and I met up for dinner. I knew he was a home roaster so we brought him a gift of our fresh roasted coffee. We are so glad we got to meet him. Inor is the real deal. A genuine good guy! It was the best evening out we've had in a good while. To top it off, Mrs. Inor sent us a surprise. A book on our favorite topic, Black Dogs!
By all means, send your sister by! We'd love to meet her. Frederick is just up the road. In fact, I was just there an hour ago delivering coffee to Flying Dog Brewery. Their seasonal offering, Kujo Coffee Stout is flavored with our coffee.I've met people from forums I'm on too. It is a lot of fun! Apparently Mrs. Inor has great taste in gifts.

txmarine6531
04-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Bought the sampler pack, looking forward to trying it. I love coffee.

BlackDog
04-08-2016, 07:56 PM
Bought the sampler pack, looking forward to trying it. I love coffee.
Thank you! I hope you enjoy it and please let us know your thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

txmarine6531
04-08-2016, 08:04 PM
Your welcome, and I will! I like products from small family business. In my experience, the product is way better than commercial stuff.

Arklatex
04-29-2016, 03:24 PM
This just showed up in the mail. Now I have a hard choice to make...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160429/91cdaad17762b92aca075d8fbb87322f.jpg

hawgrider
04-29-2016, 04:02 PM
This just showed up in the mail. Now I have a hard choice to make...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160429/91cdaad17762b92aca075d8fbb87322f.jpg
The Sumatra is the cats meow. Damn good stuff right there!

Arklatex
04-29-2016, 04:06 PM
The Sumatra is the cats meow. Damn good stuff right there!
I don't know anything about coffee. I usually drink community. No cream or sugar. I reckon this stuff is gonna blow it outta the water.

hawgrider
04-29-2016, 04:19 PM
I don't know anything about coffee. I usually drink community. No cream or sugar. I reckon this stuff is gonna blow it outta the water.
Oh yeah you are about to enter a whole new dimension of quality coffee.

Arklatex
04-29-2016, 07:26 PM
According to the sniff test, we'll be starting our premium coffee adventure with etheiopin tomorrow morning. Review to follow.

Inor
04-29-2016, 07:29 PM
We loved the Dog Watch blend. But the others were no slackers.

Inor
04-29-2016, 07:34 PM

Alls I have to say is with the taste you already have for quality whisky and beer, now going down the coffee path, you had best ask you boss for a raise. :biglaugh: Welcome to full-blown addiction where you would sell your children for a good cup o' joe or good IPA.

hawgrider
04-29-2016, 07:34 PM
According to the sniff test, we'll be starting our premium coffee adventure with etheiopin tomorrow morning. Review to follow.Thats a good pick I enjoy that too.

hawgrider
04-30-2016, 07:37 PM
According to the sniff test, we'll be starting our premium coffee adventure with etheiopin tomorrow morning. Review to follow.
Well..... how was that killer coffee Ark?

Arklatex
04-30-2016, 07:56 PM
Well..... how was that killer coffee Ark?
It was freaking excellent! While I was drinking it I researched and learned all about the Ethiopian coffees. Even my wife noticed a big difference and she puts lots of cream and sugar in hers. I'll be finishing off that Ethiopian tomorrow and then moving on to something new. Two big thumbs up from us!

Arklatex
04-30-2016, 07:57 PM
BTW yall were right. There is a whole new world of coffee to explore. I never even knew it existed!

hawgrider
04-30-2016, 08:00 PM
BTW yall were right. There is a whole new world of coffee to explore. I never even knew it existed!
Yes yes life is too short for crappy coffee. Wait till you try some high octane coffee... all kinds of work will get done before breakfast Lol

hawgrider
04-30-2016, 08:07 PM
Hey Blackdog do you roast any of that high octane maui wowie stuff.
Expensive but tasty and will make ya bounce off the walls lol
I think its called Kona?

RubberDuck
04-30-2016, 09:10 PM
I need to try some of this coffee i should order up a batch...

Inor
04-30-2016, 09:59 PM
I nominate that we make Black Dog the "Official Coffee of the OTP". What do ya'll think?

Edit: If you can get beer from the Flying Dog Brewery in your area, they have a seasonal around Christmas called something like Dog Coffee Stout or something similar. That is made with Black Dog's coffee too. It is very tasty. It even has Black Dog's logo on the bottle!

BlackDog
05-01-2016, 02:15 PM
Hey Blackdog do you roast any of that high octane maui wowie stuff.
Expensive but tasty and will make ya bounce off the walls lol
I think its called Kona?
I have a kona sample sitting on my desk....where it's been sitting for several weeks. Hopefully, I'll get it roasted soon and place a larger order with the guy if it meets expectations. Most of the Kona growers are roasting their own now which makes it harder to find a good source for green. Dang stuff is pricey, too!

hawgrider
05-01-2016, 02:20 PM
I have a kona sample sitting on my desk....where it's been sitting for several weeks. Hopefully, I'll get it roasted soon and place a larger order with the guy if it meets expectations. Most of the Kona growers are roasting their own now which makes it harder to find a good source for green. Dang stuff is pricey, too!
That stuff makes me fly!! Lol

Inor
05-01-2016, 06:56 PM

You cannot bring it back from Hawaii either. When I was in Hawaii last summer I took an afternoon and drove through the coffee plantations and they sell it (green or roasted) at stands by the side of the road. I was going to bring back 10 pounds, but the guy at the stand said the USDA will take it away from me at airport if I tried to bring it back. Sure enough, after TSA screens your bag the USDA goes through it with a fine tooth comb! I think that is part of the reason it is so expensive; they have to bribe the government to let them ship it to the mainland. Bastards!