PDA

View Full Version : New furnace going in

Dwight55
12-01-2015, 09:44 PM
In an effort to "get ready", we've finally decided that after living here 21 years, . . . might be a good idea to finally put in a furnace.

Got a 3 ton / 96Kbtu propane package unit for less than $1900, . . . put it on a porch, . . . cut a hole in the wall, . . . another in the floor, . . . started running the metal work today.

Anybody wants to help, . . . c'mon over, . . . fried bologna sammiches for lunch.

May God bless,
Dwight18181819

Deebo
12-01-2015, 10:35 PM
Dang, is it gonna be big enough?
How have you been heating until now?
Woodstove?

Slippy
12-02-2015, 08:06 AM
Good Luck Mr Dwight! Looking forward to hearing how the project goes.

MI.oldguy
12-02-2015, 10:22 AM
Get er done,getting cold out.

Dwight55
12-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Moved in back in 96, . . . wood burner and an old floor furnace have done the job up to now.

Finally decided that if we ever want to sell it, . . . better update to forced air and A/C.

Its a package unit, . . . sits on the back porch, . . . noise (90%) stays out of the house :maninlove:

That's a 16 x 12 supply and a 16 x 14 return, . . . gotta run the mains, . . . then to the registers, . . .

We'll get pics and stuff as we go, . . . provided I can somehow figure how to scrape this yellow gunk off my hands. Didn't have any gloves handy when I started squirting the foam to fill in the cracks, . . . got that stinking stuff all over both hands.

It'll wear off some day, . . . but for now, . . .

Anyway, . . . updates will come as we get em. Oh, yeah, . . . menu changed, . . . salami and tomato sammiches for the next couple of days, . . . drop by and we'll introduce you to running ductwork in a 40 inch crawl space.

May God bless,
Dwight

RWalls
12-06-2015, 08:44 AM
Now you gotta feed that beast propane.