PDA

View Full Version : We're OK in Mississippi!!

Baglady
12-24-2015, 08:57 PM
You all almost made me cry when I read your posts. Your support and caring is like having a big bunch of brothers from another mother! The storms and rain was brutal, and the power has been out until mid-morning.
We had a full storm house. 5 adults and 3 kids, (friends + us). That line of storms had us chewing our nails until midnight.
Every one of them went above us by 20 - 40 miles.
Holly Springs is about an hour and a half away. We were sick to hear a 7 year old boy was killed.
How did everyone else make out?

:blow:

hawgrider
12-24-2015, 10:32 PM
Heavy rain wind gusts up to 50 mgh here no big deal. Tornado watch for some here. Missed us though. Glad to hear you didn't end up in Kansas.

Arklatex
12-25-2015, 06:04 AM
Glad yall made it through safe and sound!

BucketBack
12-25-2015, 08:20 AM
Glad you're OK, we had gusts of 70MPH local. There's lot's of kindling as well as some nice logs on the ground now.

I need to pick up more sticks so that the eventual snow won't freeze them to the ground making snow removal difficult.

James m
12-25-2015, 08:56 AM
I'm glad you're OK. Now it must feel nice to have a few things stashed on the side.

DerBiermeister
12-25-2015, 10:16 AM
Just heavy rain and TSs. Hasn't rained this hard in a couple of years.

Glad you made it ok Baglady. Missassip got hit pretty hard. My family, down in Goula (Jackson County), called yesterday -- and they just had a lot of rain.

Baglady
12-25-2015, 11:16 AM
Just heavy rain and TSs. Hasn't rained this hard in a couple of years.

Glad you made it ok Baglady. Missassip got hit pretty hard. My family, down in Goula (Jackson County), called yesterday -- and they just had a lot of rain.

Good to know your family is ok. I don't know where Goula is, but we are in the NE. It took out some house trailers in our county about 20 miles NW of us, but nobody was hurt. It doesn't take much to take out the power in our area, so it was no surprise to lose it. Lots of debris and limbs.

Baglady
12-25-2015, 11:19 AM
I'm glad you're OK. Now it must feel nice to have a few things stashed on the side.
We had plenty of notice to get things together, thank God. We left the flatscreen, took the guns...

Infidel
12-25-2015, 01:44 PM
Glad you guys are ok. Merry Christmas!

-Infidel

Deebo
12-25-2015, 01:57 PM
Great news.

DerBiermeister
12-25-2015, 02:13 PM
Good to know your family is ok. I don't know where Goula is, but we are in the NE. It took out some house trailers in our county about 20 miles NW of us, but nobody was hurt. It doesn't take much to take out the power in our area, so it was no surprise to lose it. Lots of debris and limbs.

Sorry -- Goula is short for Pascagoula

Sparkyprep
12-25-2015, 06:42 PM
Glad to hear that you are ok.

shootbrownelk
12-26-2015, 09:40 AM
Glad you're OK, we had gusts of 70MPH local. There's lot's of kindling as well as some nice logs on the ground now.

I need to pick up more sticks so that the eventual snow won't freeze them to the ground making snow removal difficult.

70mph? That's a gentle breeze here most of the time.

MI.oldguy
12-26-2015, 12:00 PM
Glad you and the family are ok.what a way to spend a xmas eh?....all good here,a little windstorm,no big deal.

Baglady
12-26-2015, 09:04 PM
Sorry -- Goula is short for Pascagoula

Ahhh. I can be dense sometimes. Did they ever catch that pesky squirrel??

DerBiermeister
12-27-2015, 06:59 AM
LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QbhcEGiLApg

slewfoot
01-14-2016, 04:15 PM
A little late but glad to see you are ok.

Dwight55
01-15-2016, 08:10 PM
Hey, . . . glad all is well down your way, . . .

Lost a brother in law to major heart attack a week ago, . . . funeral & burial was brutal cold, . . . had the interment service in the mausoleum, thankfully.

May God bless,
Dwight

James m
01-15-2016, 08:11 PM
Im sorry about your brother in law.

Inor
01-15-2016, 08:14 PM
Sorry pal. My prayers are with you both.

hawgrider
01-15-2016, 08:16 PM

Lost a brother in law to major heart attack a week ago, . . . funeral & burial was brutal cold, . . . had the interment service in the mausoleum, thankfully.

May God bless,
Dwight
Condolences to the family Dwight.

Dwight55
01-15-2016, 08:25 PM
Thanks, Hawg, . . . he was a USMC, . . . Korean vet, . . . darn good guy overall.

Sis will miss him like no tomorrow, . . . he raised her 4 kids when her first husband split.

May God bless,
Dwight

hawgrider
01-15-2016, 08:39 PM
Thanks, Hawg, . . . he was a USMC, . . . Korean vet, . . . darn good guy overall.

Sis will miss him like no tomorrow, . . . he raised her 4 kids when her first husband split.

May God bless,
DwightPrayers for strength to your sister.

Baglady
01-17-2016, 12:15 PM

May God bless,
Dwight

So sorry to hear this. Especially this time of year. Any guy that fills the shoes of being a Dad to another man's children is very special indeed.

Dwight55
01-17-2016, 07:24 PM
So sorry to hear this. Especially this time of year. Any guy that fills the shoes of being a Dad to another man's children is very special indeed.

I can amen that message first hand, . . . my bio dad handed me to my mom, . . . "You named him, . . . you raise him" and walked off. I saw him when I looked him up, I was 27 then, . . . never saw him after that.

My step dad had some real issues, . . . he was a step child himself, . . . lots of abuse, . . . did not know how to be a dad, husband, step-dad, . . . but I'll give him "E" for effort, . . . he did try.

My biggest thanks, . . . both made their peace with Jesus before leaving here, . . . three of us will walk the golden streets together.

Thanks again, Baglady, . . . hope all is well still down in crooked letter land.

May God bless,
Dwight

Baglady
01-18-2016, 10:56 AM
I can amen that message first hand, . . . my bio dad handed me to my mom, . . . "You named him, . . . you raise him" and walked off. I saw him when I looked him up, I was 27 then, . . . never saw him after that.

My step dad had some real issues, . . . he was a step child himself, . . . lots of abuse, . . . did not know how to be a dad, husband, step-dad, . . . but I'll give him "E" for effort, . . . he did try.

My biggest thanks, . . . both made their peace with Jesus before leaving here, . . . three of us will walk the golden streets together.

Thanks again, Baglady, . . . hope all is well still down in crooked letter land.

May God bless,
Dwight

How did you get to be such a good guy with no male role model?

My husband is the only man my daughter calls Daddy. He took to the role like a duck to water.
I asked God to send me a man who (among other things), would be a good father to my fatherless child. Boy did HE deliver!

Sparkyprep
01-18-2016, 11:08 AM
Good to see you again, Baglady.

Baglady
01-18-2016, 11:16 AM
Good to see you again, Baglady.

Thanks Sparky. Good to see you too. While Hubby was off the last 3 weeks, he's kept me busy! We had to build our new chicken houses, fix our daughters car, etc..
I sure am glad he's back at work..:p

James m
01-18-2016, 11:37 AM
Its cold over here.

Coppertop
01-23-2016, 07:39 AM
45 and sunny the last week in Montana. Don't know what to tell you folks, I feel like I'm in the banana belt lately. We went to Minneapolis for a buy market a couple of weeks ago, Damn it was cold there.

Inor, I was going to get ahold of you to see how close you would be- then I saw my itinerary for the weekend.... I didn't have time to sleep- much less anything else. It was a whirlwind
44 hours at the convention center. Hopefully when we go next year I'll be able to prepare before hand and have a free night for dinner or something.

I hope everyone in the path of the storm going on right now stays safe, warm and with loved ones.

Thanks

Inor
01-23-2016, 08:40 AM
45 and sunny the last week in Montana. Don't know what to tell you folks, I feel like I'm in the banana belt lately. We went to Minneapolis for a buy market a couple of weeks ago, Damn it was cold there.

Inor, I was going to get ahold of you to see how close you would be- then I saw my itinerary for the weekend.... I didn't have time to sleep- much less anything else. It was a whirlwind
44 hours at the convention center. Hopefully when we go next year I'll be able to prepare before hand and have a free night for dinner or something.

I hope everyone in the path of the storm going on right now stays safe, warm and with loved ones.

Thanks

The next time you are here give a shout. We will at least give you a decent meal.

Arklatex
01-23-2016, 08:54 PM
Good to see ya back BagLady! And happy to hear that all is well in Emm, eye, crooked letter, crooked letter, eye, crooked letter, crooked letter, eye, humpback, humpback, eye!

Baglady
01-23-2016, 09:26 PM

Thanks

Been awhile Coppertop. Hope you and yours are doing good.

Baglady
01-23-2016, 09:30 PM
Good to see ya back BagLady! And happy to hear that all is well in Emm, eye, crooked letter, crooked letter, eye, crooked letter, crooked letter, eye, humpback, humpback, eye!

:dancing: You always make me laugh..
We just had a bunch of stuff to do here.
Fortunately, Hubby is back to work, so I can rest!

Coppertop
02-02-2016, 09:55 PM
Been awhile Coppertop. Hope you and yours are doing good.

Things are a little rough right now, but I will persevere. I am glad I have friends here. I hope to be here a little more often now. Missed you folks.

Baglady
02-03-2016, 02:43 PM
Things are a little rough right now, but I will persevere. I am glad I have friends here. I hope to be here a little more often now. Missed you folks.What's going on? We've missed you too.

TJC44
02-03-2016, 05:05 PM
BL,
Good to hear from you today. I heard your region got twisted up again. And it's only February.

Coppertop
02-05-2016, 08:57 AM
BL

Things aren't going as planned with the store move. Banks slowed us down, the Uncle got himself into financial trouble and the main industry in town is under a lot of fire. We have walked away from it for now although it's still an open option.

Coppertop

Inor
02-05-2016, 10:21 AM
BL

Things aren't going as planned with the store move. Banks slowed us down, the Uncle got himself into financial trouble and the main industry in town is under a lot of fire. We have walked away from it for now although it's still an open option.

Coppertop

Stay the course CT. Keeping a business going, especially when you first start out is hard as hell to do. But it does get easier over time. Just trust me on this.

Baglady
02-06-2016, 08:18 PM
BL,
Good to hear from you today. I heard your region got twisted up again. And it's only February.Thanks TJ. It is early for the weather conditions we've all been having down south. I'm in the NE of Ms, and I guess we must be living right...:thumb:

Baglady
02-06-2016, 08:24 PM
BL

Coppertop

Ahh. One step forward, two steps back. I understand your disappointment. Maybe it wasn't meant to be at this time.

TJC44
02-06-2016, 08:24 PM
Thanks TJ. It is early for the weather conditions we've all been having down south. I'm in the NE of Ms, and I guess we must be living right...:thumb:

Maybe it's me, but I'll take the snow and some cold over having a twister drop on top of me.
I have no desire to meet The Great OZ.

Sparkyprep
02-06-2016, 08:27 PM
Although we are not technically "flooded", my entire property is a saturated mud pit. Cars are getting stuck in my yard. We should NOT be getting this much rain this time of year. Winter is supposed to be our dry season.

Baglady
02-06-2016, 08:31 PM
Maybe it's me, but I'll take the snow and some cold over having a twister drop on top of me.
I have no desire to meet The Great OZ.

And skeeters!! They're out already! 60 degrees for 3 days...and this wknd starts below freezing at night. :confused:

Baglady
02-06-2016, 08:32 PM
Although we are not technically "flooded", my entire property is a saturated mud pit. Cars are getting stuck in my yard. We should NOT be getting this much rain this time of year. Winter is supposed to be our dry season.

Amen. Not going to get to plant the taters and onions if this keeps up.
Still have to kill that hog too.

TJC44
02-06-2016, 09:11 PM
And skeeters!! They're out already! 60 degrees for 3 days...and this wknd starts below freezing at night. :confused:

Watch out for the ones carrying that Zika shit.
I only have to deal with those 5-6 months out of the year.

Baglady
02-06-2016, 11:01 PM
Watch out for the ones carrying that Zika shit.
I only have to deal with those 5-6 months out of the year.

So...do I watch for skeeters with a big "Z" on their tushie? LOL
It's always something...

TJC44
02-07-2016, 03:08 PM
:ughh: Yeah, you do that.
LOL

Coppertop
02-09-2016, 09:23 AM

That is ok- the freeze should kill off a bunch of skeeters before they breed!!!!!

Baglady
02-09-2016, 02:19 PM
That is ok- the freeze should kill off a bunch of skeeters before they breed!!!!!

Finally somebody with some good news. Thank you.