PDA

View Full Version : 98 Mercury Grand Marquis

Arklatex
12-27-2015, 07:15 PM
So I got a 98 Mercury Grand Marquis from my uncle. He just got a new vehicle and offered me the ole beast so I took it! It's got 129k miles and is in ok condition. Runs great but it's a little beat up cosmetically. Damn thing is a beast of a car, it's gonna become a project vehicle. Lots of performance parts for these things. I drove it home today from Okmulgee, Oklahoma. It got a hell of a workout as I drove through a monsoon the entire way! Tornados and all, I was even amongst the last few vehicles to be allowed to ford the freaking river after the road from Paris, Texas washed out. D.O.T. was putting up the barriers rigjt behind us... And the car forded it just fine! What a great mad max road warrior type vehicle! Originally I thought about putting a police grill guard on it but I've changed my mind. Don't want the attention. I'll put up pics after the dang rain is over. Maybe tomorrow.

My thoughts for initial upgrades after giving the car a thorough going over are a police style gun locker for the trunk. A cb radio, upgraded lights (possibly some offroad leds hidden behind the grill) and a cd player.

Updates to come.

Sparkyprep
12-27-2015, 07:27 PM
Sounds like an awsome prepper car. Very "Mad Max", but you already said that. Lol.

Infidel
12-27-2015, 07:38 PM
I had a 75 Grand Marquis when I was 17. It had a 460 in it and would pass anything but a gas station. I beat that car so bad that my weekly ritual was to stop on payday and put 4qts of oil in it. Rear seal was completely shot but it kept on running.

-Infidel

Arklatex
12-27-2015, 08:04 PM
https://youtu.be/3T3MgIRUwj0

This vid is very appropriate for this thread!

BagLady, it's the Mercury song by Alan Jackson. You know, "gonna buy me a mercury an cruise it up an down the road"

Deebo
01-21-2016, 12:22 PM
?Well did it stop raining?

Arklatex
01-21-2016, 12:44 PM
Yea the car runs great. Haven't done anything to it yet.

Arklatex
01-21-2016, 12:45 PM
By the way I can't post pics for some reason. Amy ideas from you tech mined folks?

hawgrider
01-21-2016, 12:48 PM
By the way I can't post pics for some reason. Amy ideas from you tech mined folks?"Photobucket" is so easy even I can do it. I don't even try the attachment feature here its too much hassle.

Arklatex
01-21-2016, 12:50 PM
"Photobucket" is so easy even I can do it. I don't even try the attachment feature here its too much hassle.
I'll look into it later. How does it work with tapatalk?

hawgrider
01-21-2016, 12:54 PM
I'll look into it later. How does it work with tapatalk?Its free its easy.

Tapatalk ? Hey Duck you use tapatalk and you use photobucket too don't you... is it do able.

Arklatex
01-21-2016, 01:00 PM
Its free its easy.

Tapatalk ? Hey Duck you use tapatalk and you use photobucket too don't you... is it do able.
That's weird, my tapatalk shows who else uses tapatalk and you're one of them.

Inor
01-21-2016, 01:03 PM
I loaded tapatalk on my tablet and cannot figure the damn thing out. The only place I am able to go is some Nikon forum? I don't even take pictures!

Arklatex
01-21-2016, 01:08 PM
I loaded tapatalk on my tablet and cannot figure the damn thing out. The only place I am able to go is some Nikon forum? I don't even take pictures!
I've used it for awhile now. I got rid of my satellite Internet since it was such a ripoff. Now we use our phones for the internet. Trying to see the forum on the screen is pretty tough unless you use something like tapatalk.

hawgrider
01-21-2016, 01:09 PM
That's weird, my tapatalk shows who else uses tapatalk and you're one of them.I have it but I don't care for it and don't use it much I prefer the real board even on my phone. All tap talk does for me is let me know when someone posts by sending me a notification on my phone other wise I hate it. The Rubberduck likes it though and I belive uses it exclusively.

hawgrider
01-21-2016, 01:12 PM
I've used it for awhile now. I got rid of my satellite Internet since it was such a ripoff. Now we use our phones for the internet. Trying to see the forum on the screen is pretty tough unless you use something like tapatalk.I change my font setting so that my phone screen shows the big board pretty good. I have the Samsung S4 its view-able and I have shit for eyes...

Arklatex
01-21-2016, 01:12 PM
I have it but I don't care for it and don't use it much I prefer the real board even on my phone. All tap talk does for me is let me know when someone posts by sending me a notification on my phone other wise I hate it. The Rubberduck likes it though and I belive uses it exclusively.
My problem is that the board shows up real small on the phone. I'll try the photo buckets later and see if I can figure it out.

I think part of the problem is I'm not vip. I'll need to remedy that soon.

Arklatex
01-21-2016, 01:13 PM
I change my font setting so that my phone screen shows the big board pretty good. I have the Samsung S4 its view-able and I have shit for eyes...
I'm using the same phone. Maybe I'll try it your way as well.

hawgrider
01-21-2016, 03:41 PM
Photobucket app from play store. Sign up then upload your phone pics or a www. pic to your bucket. Then copy the image link and paste it in the forum post window without using the forums image tags. So basically copy and paste.

Edit for a pic off the www. Save the pic to your phone then upload to photobucket.