PDA

View Full Version : Winter may finally be here

Inor
12-28-2015, 05:44 PM
The media are screaming from the rooftops that we are going to have 10+ inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. Of course, at 9 o'clock this morning, the snow was supposed to start at 3 PM. Now that has been pushed back until 8 PM. I am guessing we will get 3-6 inches but no more. But on the off-chance the forecasters got one right for a change, be safe all of you in the upper midwest.

dsdmmat
12-28-2015, 06:48 PM
Yeah they are predicting 5-8 inches of snow here followed by sleet tonight. We have just barely a dusting of snow on the ground now. I guess I will figure out if they lied when I get up to go to work tomorrow.

Everyone drive carefully.

hawgrider
12-28-2015, 07:05 PM
Sleet freezing rain here.

dsdmmat
12-28-2015, 07:14 PM
Sleet freezing rain here.
Be careful out there. I am sure it will be here in about 12 hours if you are getting it now.

Dwight55
12-28-2015, 07:58 PM
Windy and light rain here, . . .

Nasty stinking winter, . . . ought to be a law against it..........:(

May God bless,
Dwight

Sparkyprep
12-28-2015, 10:08 PM
Um..... Sorry. Sunny and 80 here.:mocking:

Inor
12-28-2015, 11:17 PM
Um..... Sorry. Sunny and 80 here.:mocking:

Have I told you recently: You are a horrible, rotten, evil human being. :biglaugh:

Enjoy your sunshine Sparky; I'll be playing with my snowblower tomorrow - the one with tank treads! :biglaugh:

Edit: At least I hope I'll get to play with my snowblower. As I look out now, it seems we have had about an inch or so and it looks like it stopped. I hate it when there is enough that I have to clear it, but not enough to use the snowblower.

Sparkyprep
12-29-2015, 06:58 AM
Have I told you recently: You are a horrible, rotten, evil human being. :biglaugh:

Enjoy your sunshine Sparky; I'll be playing with my snowblower tomorrow - the one with tank treads! :biglaugh:

Edit: At least I hope I'll get to play with my snowblower. As I look out now, it seems we have had about an inch or so and it looks like it stopped. I hate it when there is enough that I have to clear it, but not enough to use the snowblower.

Truth be told, I'm ready for some cooler weather. 85 and muggy gets old after a while.

DerBiermeister
12-29-2015, 06:59 AM
We are on a roller coaster. Low 40s yesterday, mid-70s today and rain. We have a cold front coming from the west and a warm front lifting to the north.

I've got a feeling that January and February are going to blast the hell out of us.

TJC44
12-29-2015, 09:40 AM
Except for Maine, The northeast is forecast for snow changing to freezing rain, maybe changing to rain, depending on where you are. I have an inch or 2 of snow, covered with ice. A wet, sloppy mess!

Inor
12-29-2015, 10:31 AM
Well, our "storm of the century" didn't even achieve "storm of the week" status. We got about 3 inches of snow. It is still snowing, but not much. I am going to fire up the snowblower, not because the amount of snow requires it, but because I really want to play with my snowblower. Oh well, maybe next storm...

Edit: I had forgotten about this guy. He is half the fun of a snowstorm!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK62MEzs__g

Sparkyprep
12-29-2015, 11:36 AM
Now THAT guy has a face made for radio.

James m
01-05-2016, 10:16 AM
2 degrees positive this morning.