PDA

View Full Version : A Very Good Piece of Reference Material

Sparkyprep
12-30-2015, 01:08 PM

Just thought that I would share this with you. I got it for my wife for Christmas. (She is the medic of the family.). She loves this book, and I have been reading a little too. It is available on Amazon, and I suggest the hard copy, in case of a power-down, or EMP situation. It is written by a doctor, and his wife, a nurse, but it seems to be written in plain English. While I don't expect anyone ro commit the entire book to memory, and it doesn't replace good first-aid / EMT training, it is an excellent source of reference in a SHTF situation.

I'm sure many of my fellow preppers have seen this book, and wondered if it was worth the money. I pulled the trigger, and can tell you, that it was money-well-spent. I have pretty advanced first-aid training, and there is information in this book that I didn't know.

Edit- As with all pictures that I post, turn your head to view.

Arklatex
12-30-2015, 01:26 PM
I'll second the recommendation. I have it and it's good. I also recommend where there is no doctor and where there is no dentist.

Inor
12-30-2015, 03:23 PM

Just thought that I would share this with you. I got it for my wife for Christmas. (She is the medic of the family.). She loves this book, and I have been reading a little too. It is available on Amazon, and I suggest the hard copy, in case of a power-down, or EMP situation. It is written by a doctor, and his wife, a nurse, but it seems to be written in plain English. While I don't expect anyone ro commit the entire book to memory, and it doesn't replace good first-aid / EMT training, it is an excellent source of reference in a SHTF situation.

I'm sure many of my fellow preppers have seen this book, and wondered if it was worth the money. I pulled the trigger, and can tell you, that it was money-well-spent. I have pretty advanced first-aid training, and there is information in this book that I didn't know.

Edit- As with all pictures that I post, turn your head to view.

That is an excellent book, as are the two Ark mentioned. The author of Sparky's book also has a very excellent web site:

http://www.doomandbloom.net/