PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Containers

hawgrider
01-06-2016, 07:38 AM
Need one of these for the deer camp property.

This one shown is about $2500.00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6iK_QFxF4g

Deebo
01-06-2016, 01:37 PM
My forty foot conex was about 4200. Delivered.
I chose the rent option, $129 a month, with a 75 dollar fee, for pickup paid in advance.
If we move, it goes away, if we stay, I'm building a metal outbuilding, so it will eventually go then.

hawgrider
01-06-2016, 03:32 PM
My forty foot conex was about 4200. Delivered.
I chose the rent option, $129 a month, with a 75 dollar fee, for pickup paid in advance.
If we move, it goes away, if we stay, I'm building a metal outbuilding, so it will eventually go then.They sure are not cheap are they.

OSFG
01-07-2016, 09:32 PM
I knew a man who would have made a kingdom with them...he wanted me to be his enforcer...lol.

Inor
01-07-2016, 09:38 PM
I knew a man who would have made a kingdom with them...he wanted me to be his enforcer...lol.

Was that the guy who was going build a castle out of shipping containers then inside his shipping container compound he planned on shitting in 5 gal buckets and forcing the "peasants" (the people living outside - his words not mine) to dispose of the buckets? If so, that guy was freakin' hilarious! We need to get some of those guys here! :biglaugh: They make for some lively conversation.

OSFG
01-07-2016, 09:50 PM
Was that the guy who was going build a castle out of shipping containers then inside his shipping container compound he planned on shitting in 5 gal buckets and forcing the "peasants" (the people living outside - his words not mine) to dispose of the buckets? If so, that guy was freakin' hilarious! We need to get some of those guys here! :biglaugh: They make for some lively conversation.

Riight...he ask us to challenge his logic and how would we attack him... I told him I woulg turn his peasants against him using psyops and get them to attack his guards while visiting the kids of the peasants he was teaching and keeping inside...then he offered me the job of managing his security forces.

A great mental diversion for me...I enjoyed him

S.....P......
01-07-2016, 10:07 PM
They realy are a great idea. Last longer than a shed of equal square footage and cheeper. When you are done with it or it rust out just call the scrap man to pick it up and haul it off.

OSFG
01-07-2016, 10:21 PM
They realy are a great idea. Last longer than a shed of equal square footage and cheeper. When you are done with it or it rust out just call the scrap man to pick it up and haul it off.

Couldn't agree more...it was the fifedom on the inside I laughed about...not the material

Inor
01-07-2016, 10:25 PM
Riight...he ask us to challenge his logic and how would we attack him... I told him I woulg turn his peasants against him using psyops and get them to attack his guards while visiting the kids of the peasants he was teaching and keeping inside...then he offered me the job of managing his security forces.

A great mental diversion for me...I enjoyed him

He was great entertainment.

I told him that I would just live peacefully beside him (but not too close) for a year or so. After disease destroyed most of his defenses, I would just walk in and offer him a deal that he could not refuse. :biglaugh:

S.....P......
01-07-2016, 10:40 PM
Couldn't agree more...it was the fifedom on the inside I laughed about...not the material

Mrs SP and I have bought some new property. I am going to buy 2. I will set them 40 to 50 feet apart and put a roof between them. This will be my pole barn and outdoor shop. I was on a job that had this setup and it worked great. The castle guy was off his nut.

Inor
01-07-2016, 10:45 PM
Mrs SP and I have bought some new property. I am going to buy 2. I will set them 40 to 50 feet apart and put a roof between them. This will be my pole barn and outdoor shop. I was on a job that had this setup and it worked great. The castle guy was off his nut.

Indeed, on both points.

Old_SF_Guy
01-08-2016, 07:43 AM
I thought the guy meant well. He just misses the point that we americans are no so willing to accept a caste system. Especially with the social norm instilled in them of entitlements. They will rebel and the kingdom will fall....again...it was a great mental diversion to think about at the time.

I will tell you that the one that sticks with me the most was the go fund me guy who came up with the kayak trailer that converted to a bike carrier for his kayak... awesome idea.

OSFG
01-09-2016, 08:27 AM
You know...its actually sad what the other site did...we had great people and an enormous advertising point of interest....and they blew it. I could have negotiated kit for many of you to test or evaluate. They instead turned it into a wacko leftist site.....very sad.

James m
01-13-2016, 06:51 PM
That place was filled with knowledgeable people who all appeared to have left the site. Sad indeed.

But i wonder where they all went.

hawgrider
01-13-2016, 07:01 PM
That place was filled with knowledgeable people who all appeared to have left the site. Sad indeed.

But i wonder where they all went.They all bought a "shipping container" and are living in the hills.