PDA

View Full Version : Smith & Wesson Victory

RubberDuck
01-17-2016, 06:21 PM
https://youtu.be/Ng-0FGrvBTg

James m
01-17-2016, 06:30 PM
Kinda looks like a large barrel ruger 22/45.

hawgrider
01-17-2016, 07:07 PM
Good price

rice paddy daddy
01-17-2016, 09:30 PM
Ohh, man. Gee whiz.
I got all excited thinking it was a Smith and Wesson Victory Model. Instead it's some bright shiny autoloader.
I'm sure Hawg knows what that was/is, but for you younger guys, the Victory Model is what later came to be called the Model 10, when S&W started with their number system.
A 4" or 5" barreled 6 shot revolver chambered for 38 Special used during WWII. Easily identified by the parkerized finish and lanyard ring on the butt. Mainly issued to Navy and Army Air Force aircrew, it was also used stateside and overseas in rear areas by personnel normally issued pistols as part of their job.

I personally would love to have one, but instead settled for a 1962 Model 10-5 w/5" barrel.
I sometimes carry it on my property, loaded with 148 grain lead full wadcutters. Never can tell when I might spot a feral cat stalking our chickens.

Inor
01-18-2016, 12:07 AM
It looks like the Colt .22 Target pistol I bought almost 20 years ago. I do not think my Colt even has a name other than "Colt .22 Target pistol". I hate that gun. I bought it in '96 or '97 and I doubt we have even put 1000 rounds through it. It is just a dumb gun.

hawgrider
01-18-2016, 07:10 AM
Colt had the woodsman that is still highly sought-after.
Id love to have a woodsman to add to my colt collection.

Inor
01-18-2016, 10:16 AM
Colt had the woodsman that is still highly sought-after.
Id love to have a woodsman to add to my colt collection.

Colt Woodsman is a whole 'nother animal. I would love to have one.

medic33
01-24-2016, 07:42 PM
Ohh, man. Gee whiz.
I got all excited thinking it was a Smith and Wesson Victory Model. Instead it's some bright shiny autoloader.
I'm sure Hawg knows what that was/is, but for you younger guys, the Victory Model is what later came to be called the Model 10, when S&W started with their number system.
A 4" or 5" barreled 6 shot revolver chambered for 38 Special used during WWII. Easily identified by the parkerized finish and lanyard ring on the butt. Mainly issued to Navy and Army Air Force aircrew, it was also used stateside and overseas in rear areas by personnel normally issued pistols as part of their job.

I personally would love to have one, but instead settled for a 1962 Model 10-5 w/5" barrel.
I sometimes carry it on my property, loaded with 148 grain lead full wadcutters. Never can tell when I might spot a feral cat stalking our chickens.
hey I carried a victory model a few time as a flight medic I had to request it when I saw it hanging in the arms room next to a couple cut down browning A5 shotguns they looked at me like I was nutz but issued it to me cuz of my rank all I can say is be prepared for some blow back when you shoot the thing the blast shields are kind of small and I would get debris blown back into my face -bought my own ammo for it carried 158gr swchp just lead no jacket I think they were Remington not sure just had a generic box and were like 30 USD for a box of 50rounds overseas. oh and it had a 5 inch pencil barrel-thought it was cool and I am a sucker for wheel guns.

medic33
01-24-2016, 07:44 PM
the victory .22 reminds me of a fat barreled high standard or a muffled one.

hawgrider
01-24-2016, 07:54 PM
hey I carried a victory model a few time as a flight medic I had to request it when I saw it hanging in the arms room next to a couple cut down browning A5 shotguns they looked at me like I was nutz but issued it to me cuz of my rank all I can say is be prepared for some blow back when you shoot the thing the blast shields are kind of small and I would get debris blown back into my face -bought my own ammo for it carried 158gr swchp just lead no jacket I think they were Remington not sure just had a generic box and were like 30 USD for a box of 50rounds overseas. oh and it had a 5 inch pencil barrel-thought it was cool and I am a sucker for wheel guns.

Somebody say wheel guns? Yes indeed Im hooked on wheel guns.

Arklatex
01-24-2016, 08:07 PM
Heard about this one today from a radio show broadcasting from Shot show 2016. Sounds like a real winner to me. It's like a modular buckmark or mark 3. They make several different barrels for it including a threaded, match, etc. Real easy to take apart, nice trigger, etc. Just repeating what I heard. Personally, I'll pass. But if I didn't already have a target handgun in 22 I'd give this one a hard lookin at.

Slippy
01-25-2016, 08:24 AM
Very nice.

Did anyone attend SHOT show?

TJC44
01-26-2016, 06:57 AM
I have a cousin that is selling custom stocks there.
From what I've been reading, it looks like a Helluva show this year.