03-14-2016, 12:58 PM
Wish I could see it...
Does the link not work for you?

BucketBack
03-14-2016, 02:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbuAQXD2SQ0

hawgrider
03-14-2016, 03:16 PM
Does the link not work for you?She has slow connection. She can't watch the vids :(

Infidel
03-14-2016, 04:55 PM
Thanks for sharing that RPD.

-Infidel

Slippy
03-14-2016, 07:02 PM
Thanks RPD!

rice paddy daddy
03-14-2016, 09:02 PM
She has slow connection. She can't watch the vids :(
At one time we only had dial up as well.
I feel your pain, Baglady.

Baglady
03-15-2016, 10:17 AM
At one time we only had dial up as well.
I feel your pain, Baglady.

Last summer a guy came out and spent 45 minutes on the roof trying to catch a signal from any tower within 8 miles. He told me we had to cut some trees, or get a 70' tower. No way!

rice paddy daddy
03-15-2016, 10:24 AM
Last summer a guy came out and spent 45 minutes on the roof trying to catch a signal from any tower within 8 miles. He told me we had to cut some trees, or get a 70' tower. No way!
We still have a land telephone line, even though we don't actually use the phone. In fact, it is not plugged in. The line is strictly for internet.
For an extra $39/month beyond our basic/local phone service we run an internet modem on the phone line. It is high speed, wife and I can both stream videos at the same time. I don't remember what they charged us for the modem, $50 I think (one time charge).

Cable doesn't come out this far, and the satellite dish just for the TV, let alone internet, was so expensive we got rid of that a number of years ago.

Dwight55
03-15-2016, 10:15 PM
And some of us who can watch it, . . . don't.

But thanks for posting it anyway, RPD.

May God bless,
Dwight

rice paddy daddy
03-16-2016, 09:57 AM
Honestly, with only an antenna to get broadcast TV from the city, most of my watching time (which isn't much to begin with) is videos on youtube.
Victory At Sea, old b&w tv shows from the 50's like Highway Patrol and Sky King, even the NASCAR races that are cable only, there's a lot of stuff on youtube.
Plus I pay $90/year to belong to the RFD-TV Country Club which allows me live streaming or archived shows. "RFD-TV, Rural America's Most Important Network".

Without high speed internet I would be reduced to 30 minutes of local news and 30 minutes of national news per day on the tv. And, to tell the truth, most days that's all I watch.

Inor
03-16-2016, 10:31 AM
I have not had cable or satellite TV in over 25 years and I do not miss it a bit. But I did sign up for LevinTV. He has only had 7 shows so far, but I like it.

Dwight55
03-16-2016, 08:30 PM
Honestly, with only an antenna to get broadcast TV from the city, most of my watching time (which isn't much to begin with) is videos on youtube.
Victory At Sea, old b&w tv shows from the 50's like Highway Patrol and Sky King, even the NASCAR races that are cable only, there's a lot of stuff on youtube.
Plus I pay $90/year to belong to the RFD-TV Country Club which allows me live streaming or archived shows. "RFD-TV, Rural America's Most Important Network".

Without high speed internet I would be reduced to 30 minutes of local news and 30 minutes of national news per day on the tv. And, to tell the truth, most days that's all I watch.

I'm with you RPD, . . . with the exception that I get good antennae reception at my house, . . . total we get about 18 channels, . . . I could probably be watching something just about any time of day, . . .

We choose not to, however.

Sunday we have the tube on predictably from 6 pm to 8:30 pm for one news show, . . . one old rerun, . . . and two preachers.

Monday nite is NCIS Los Angeles, . . .

Tuesday nite is NCIS and NCIS New Orleans.

Other than that, . . . about 15 to 45 minutes a day for the news, . . . and we miss that as much as we make it.

May God bless,
Dwight