PDA

View Full Version : 4 Ancient Survival Skills You Better Master Before It’s Too Late

hawgrider
03-17-2016, 09:46 AM
Do you ever contemplate the thought that we, modern humans, remained basically unchanged for hundreds and thousands of years?

Today’s humans, at least most of us living in the western world, are totally dependent upon our modern civilization. We take for granted things like running/potable water, electricity, transportation, shelter, food and clothes – all available on a whim.

In 1929, when the first great crisis was unleashed upon the US, a large segment of the population – 50 percent — was living in rural areas. Today, that number is down to 19 percent. Just think about it: We’re crammed by the tens of millions in mega-cities, living in huge air-conditioned concrete-made-caves, dependent upon companies and the government for survival.

Isn’t it time we learned some of the “ancient” skills of our ancestors – skills that made them self-reliant?

Restore Your Old Blades To A Razor’s Edge In Just Seconds!

So let’s get to it. Let’s examine some of the essential skills our ancestors relied upon to survive — skills which are now forgotten and derided by those hipsters flashing their iPhones. Each of the following skills contains a how-to video.
http://www.offthegridnews.com/extreme-survival/4-ancient-survival-skills-you-better-master-before-its-too-late/

Arklatex
03-17-2016, 10:27 AM
Good stuff. Tracking like that takes a lifetime to master. I'm always in awe when I see a pro. Especially the old mountain men and Indians in the westerns. They can tell you how many men, how fast they were moving, etc just from some prints. I'd reckon our special forces guys can probably do it too.

Targetshooter
03-17-2016, 06:40 PM
Growing up here in NC ,, when I was a kid and went hunting with my grandfather he showed me how to track a deer , hog , rabbit , squirrel ,, I may not be able to walk like I used to but I can set and wait tell something comes to me if I find tracks . Plus you need to know were to look ,, scout out were you are in the woods ,, them things I will never forget ,, The one thing I am afraid of is being able to get around when SHTF . I am hoping after my surgery I will be able to get the weight off my knees and r/ leg so I can walk a little . So I hope I didn't get to far off the subject ,, to me all of this is survival for me .

Sorry for dumping on you all .

Auntie
03-18-2016, 02:01 AM
I am constantly surprised by the lack of knowledge of basic things. I met someone recently who was under the impression that it was illegal to process your own meat. They were shocked that we processed our own chickens and other small livestock. I was told that I really should get it from the store because they have safety measures in place to make sure that the meat is clean and safe to eat. I was going to counter that argument but decided it would be a waste of breath.

Another person proceeded to tell me how I am polluting the world by using a wood burning stove. I should use electricity because that doesn't pollute the environment.

I could go on and on but I am sure you have all had a conversation with someone that needs to pull their head out of ... the sand. I can't imagine what some of these idiots would think about tracking animals, sharpening your own blades and using the stars to navigate.

hawgrider
03-18-2016, 04:17 AM
I am constantly surprised by the lack of knowledge of basic things. I met someone recently who was under the impression that it was illegal to process your own meat. They were shocked that we processed our own chickens and other small livestock. I was told that I really should get it from the store because they have safety measures in place to make sure that the meat is clean and safe to eat. I was going to counter that argument but decided it would be a waste of breath.

Another person proceeded to tell me how I am polluting the world by using a wood burning stove. I should use electricity because that doesn't pollute the environment.

I could go on and on but I am sure you have all had a conversation with someone that needs to pull their head out of ... the sand. I can't imagine what some of these idiots would think about tracking animals, sharpening your own blades and using the stars to navigate. The brainwashing has finally taken hold. Pretty messed up isn't it!

Auntie
03-18-2016, 11:55 AM
Very messed up! I get so frustrated with people. I look around and think these are our future leaders, they will be leading us down the path to destruction of the world as we knew it. All of the technology and information available seems to have made people stupid.

This is why I don't socialize much, I can't stand the stupidity and most people seem to have their priorities screwed up. Extra food, why the supermarket is down the road and I need the new Iphone, or a better tablet. *sigh*

hawgrider
03-18-2016, 03:01 PM
Very messed up! I get so frustrated with people. I look around and think these are our future leaders, they will be leading us down the path to destruction of the world as we knew it. All of the technology and information available seems to have made people stupid.

This is why I don't socialize much, I can't stand the stupidity and most people seem to have their priorities screwed up. Extra food, why the supermarket is down the road and I need the new Iphone, or a better tablet. *sigh*
Socialize..... not much here either I could easily be the hermit on the mountain. Just me and the woman and the dogs a shotgun and a 4 wheel drive.... hey that sounds like a Hank Jr song!