PDA

View Full Version : Do you carry a knife with you?

Admin1
03-07-2014, 11:17 PM
Everyday I carry a knife everywhere. Usually my benchmade. Especially at work boxes need to be opened, rope cut, bundles unbundled, and a thousand more uses. I feel naked the days I forget it. It seems a lot of people don't carry a knife but have a lot of reasons or need for one.

Who carries what?

etkd
03-07-2014, 11:34 PM
rule #9

most of the time I carry a cheap knife, nothing that would really hurt my feelings if I messed it up. sometimes I carry Dad's old timer or my gerber

Peacekeeper
03-07-2014, 11:41 PM
Most of the time I have a knife on me.

1moretoy
03-08-2014, 04:15 AM
I carry a Kershaw small folding knife. I've carried it so long the checkered rough grips are now smooth.

rice paddy daddy
03-27-2014, 01:57 PM
I always have at least two knives with me. At work they are a cheap chinese jack knife in my pocket and a Schrade (old U.S. made) Uncle Henry Bear Paw folder on my belt.
Off duty a better pocket knife (Shrade, Case, etc) plus a fixed blade sheath knife on my belt. I keep the blade lengths to 5" or less so I don't scare people. My Kabar USMC fighting knife stays home. Likewise my bayonets.
I buy knives like Barbie buys shoes.
Check out Kissing Crane brand from Kennesaw Cutlery. They are made in china, but hand made with quality materials. I highly reccommend them.

RWalls
04-01-2014, 06:29 AM
I buy knives like Barbie buys shoes.

LOL! Me too!

new guy
04-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Going to be contrary and say no. Rarely do just never needed one on me.

rice paddy daddy
04-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Maybe it's a function of my age - 65. Men and boys always carried a pocket knife for all those everyday mundane chores. Heck, we even carried them to school.
When your Dad gave you your first pocket knife it was an important moment in growing up.

Lucky Jim
05-29-2014, 12:22 PM
The tough way food is packaged nowadays I HAVE to carry a knife to open sandwiches and stuff when sitting on a park bench..:)

My baby..
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/7831/mflv.jpg

Eagle1803
05-29-2014, 12:44 PM
Maybe it's a function of my age - 65. Men and boys always carried a pocket knife for all those everyday mundane chores. Heck, we even carried them to school.
When your Dad gave you your first pocket knife it was an important moment in growing up.

Yeah, those were the good ol days......I carry one everyday:butcher:

Inor
05-29-2014, 01:06 PM
I always have a pocket knife on me. When I am at home, I usually have a folding boxcutter within reach too.

Conundrum99
05-29-2014, 06:37 PM
I rarely only have one knife on me. I always carry my CRKT M-16 titanium , a Gerber GDC Zip blade on my key chain and or zipper pull, a credit card knife in the wallet and sometimes a leather man. Always have several in the truck, GHB, BOB, and or tool boxes. You can't have to many knives.

Conundrum99
05-29-2014, 07:54 PM
Nice sandwich knife.

dutch16
05-30-2014, 07:06 AM
Always carry a Swiss Army knife in my pocket. I always have a MK1 in my GHB.

Infidel
06-01-2014, 08:37 PM
I always carry a knife, usually more than one. For work where I'm limited to a 2" blade I carry a small Kershaw scallion (Yeah I know it's really a 2 1/2" blade, don't tell). Outside of work I go back and forth between a Kershaw Blur and a SOG Flash II, I also carry an old Gerber Multitool outside of work. If I'm hunting or camping there's a sheath knife on my belt also. I like knives almost as much as guns so I've amassed a pretty good collection of cheaper knives. Everything from Schrade Walden knives to Pumas and even a couple home made blades that I've done myself.

-Infidel

Innkeeper
06-16-2014, 08:58 AM
I carry a knife everyday, I feel naked without one. I carried one everyday in the service and it is habit to grab it and put it in my pocket while dressing just like my wallet, belt, watch and dog tags. I usually carry a Gerber clipped in my right front pocket, but when I am out two tracking in my jeep I carry my Benchmade switch blade which was my issue knife in theater for convoys. Sometimes it was bad to carry, forgot a few times when I was doing records check at local courthouses when I was recruiting, but luckily being in uniform I would just leave it with the officers at the metal detector and pick it up on my way out. Now that I am retired I carry one every where I go even places I can not carry my pistol like to the college when I have class and on field trips with the kiddies at school.

Just Sayin'
06-16-2014, 07:31 PM
If I have anything more than boxer shorts on, I've got a knife in my pocket.

My favorite carry is a Bucklite 442 which was discontinued many years ago, but I still manage to find new ones every now and then. I sometimes carry more than one and always have some strategically stashed. If I'm carrying more than one, the other is usually an old Gerber boot knife from my service days.

Deebo
06-18-2014, 04:20 AM
having literally knives everywhere at my work, I leave my folder in the truck. It is a cheapo.
My truck bags have a few in each, 441.
the knife I love the most was my dads, the last one on the right.

Deebo
06-18-2014, 04:22 AM
The small boot knife on the left was made by my nephew. His dad makes some seriously awesome knives, if yall wanna look at them, its oliver knife works.

BlackDog
06-21-2014, 01:37 AM
I've carried a knife nearly every day of my life since age 7 or so. Having said that, I'm not much of a knife guy. Meaning that while they are useful every day tools to me, I don't invest much money or time in them. My everyday knife for the last ten years has been a fairly cheap Gerber folder from Walmart. I have two because I will occasionally lose one. I switch to the identical second until I eventually find the first (it always pops up somewhere).
I also have an Uncle Henry Schrade LB7 Bear Paw in a belt holster that my Dad gave me for Christmas when I was 15. Back in '77. It mostly lives in a drawer in my office now but I love that knife and carried it for many years.

Pauls
06-22-2014, 08:47 PM
I carry a small three bladed pocket knife all the time. It's a very old "Old Timer" when they were made in the USA with good steel.

ekim
06-26-2014, 03:01 PM
I've got a few knives but I don't carry them any more, that's why I have my CC permit, as I don't want to get that close in a bad situation. I would like to have a GOOD" Katana sword though, they just look assume but would be hard to carry around and not cause some people to freak out I guess.

Sparkyprep
07-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Absolutely every day, all the time. I always have a 4" Kershaw folder, and a Leatherman Wave. There is a Leatherman MUT on my day bag as well. It goes without saying that all are RAZOR sharp, at all times.

Arklatex
07-18-2014, 11:37 PM
I carry a spyderco pm2 every day. For me it's the perfect size and blade shape. I like the g10 scales on it too. Pricey but you get what you pay for. Made in usa.

Reptilicus
07-19-2014, 01:17 PM
I carry a "CASE" Stockman which was given to me by my dad many moons ago!

jbravo
07-20-2014, 12:25 AM
I carry two. A Boker Kalashnikov Auto in my right pocket and a Kershaw OSO Sweet in the left.

big paul
07-20-2014, 05:01 AM
I always have a knife on me, at the moment its my EDC folder, I grew up when everyone had knives, I was a boy scout.

machinejjh
07-20-2014, 06:09 AM
I carry a cheap skeleton folder that came with my cheap Gerber multi tool. If money wasn't so tight due to my wife's medical needs I'd like to purchase one from redbeardedblades.com They're not the best blades, but I like supporting a vet.

Coppertop
07-22-2014, 10:38 PM
I carry a small three bladed pocket knife all the time. It's a very old "Old Timer" when they were made in the USA with good steel.

+1 on this

Arizona Infidel
07-25-2014, 09:48 PM
I've got a few knives but I don't carry them any more, that's why I have my CC permit, as I don't want to get that close in a bad situation. I would like to have a GOOD" Katana sword though, they just look assume but would be hard to carry around and not cause some people to freak out I guess.
So whatcha gonna do about that sandwich mentioned earlier in the thread? Shoot it?:triniti:
I carry a Benchmade mini barrage. I put 2 chips in the edge of the "super steel" so I need to send it back. Got a Kershaw Blur for my kid for Christmas, think I'm gonna get one for myself.

incogkneegrow
07-25-2014, 10:08 PM
I carry one of two knives if I have pants on. One is an Emerson CQC7, the other is an Emerson by Kershaw CQC6k

SquirrelBait
07-25-2014, 10:45 PM
I carry mine at all times. I made it too.

machinejjh
07-26-2014, 01:54 PM
I've decided to include these into my EDC.569

Arizona Infidel
07-26-2014, 03:35 PM
:worthless:
I carry mine at all times. I made it too.
Your post sucks without a pic.

SquirrelBait
07-26-2014, 06:40 PM
:worthless:
Your post sucks without a pic.

Fine LOL

570 571

The handle is knarled Finnish Birch, I cut the blank, Whittled the handle to fit my hand, I sanded, And polished, And rubbed in bee's wax for a satiny finish. I affixed the Norwegian 440 blade. I cut, Stitched, Shaped, Pouted, Dyed, And oiled the sheath.

It's a design based on a traditional Norwegian utility style blade.

Note: Giving one a knife in Scandinavia is considered to be a sign of caring for that individual's well being per my knife making instructor Mr. Tokheim.

Arizona Infidel
07-26-2014, 06:46 PM
Fine LOL

570 571

The handle is knarled Finnish Birch, I cut the blank, Whittled the handle to fit my hand, I sanded and polished and rubbed in bee' wax for a satiny finish. I afifxed the Norwegian 440 blade. I cut, Stitched, shaped, Pouted, Dyed, And oiled the sheath.

It's a design based on a traditional Norwegian utility style blade.

Note: Giving one a knife in Scandinavia is considered to be a sign of caring for that individual's well being per my knife making instructor Mr. Tokheim.That is sweet.
You did a real good job. Congrats. I like it a lot.
And you were right about my knife in the other thread.

SquirrelBait
07-26-2014, 06:50 PM
That is sweet.
You did a real good job. Congrats. I like it a lot.
And you were right about my knife in the other thread.

Thank you! Seriously, I consider that high praise coming from you. You do quality work.

Arizona Infidel
07-26-2014, 06:51 PM
Thank you! Seriously, I consider that high praise coming from you. You do quality work.? You are confusing me with someone else.

SquirrelBait
07-26-2014, 06:54 PM
? You are confusing me with someone else.

Am I? If so I apologize for my mistake. I thought that I had seen some knives you had made.

Arizona Infidel
07-26-2014, 06:58 PM
No. I don't make knives. It is something I am interested in learning eventually though. It is something I thought I would be able to do to make money during my retirement.

SquirrelBait
07-26-2014, 07:06 PM
No. I don't make knives. It is something I am interested in learning eventually though. It is something I thought I would be able to do to make money during my retirement.

We have classes here in the village art school: http://www.milanvillageartsschool.org/

The instructor's Bio: http://www.milanvillageartsschool.org/teachers.html#gene_tokheim2

If you find yourself in this area at the right time, You might want to check it out. Nothing beats learning new skillz...

Tachammer73
07-30-2014, 09:02 PM
I never go anywhere without my edc, a Kershaw burst it's a tool for everything including eating my lunch at my desk today lolhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/31/ezu9uge7.jpg

Arizona Infidel
07-30-2014, 11:51 PM
We have classes here in the village art school: http://www.milanvillageartsschool.org/

The instructor's Bio: http://www.milanvillageartsschool.org/teachers.html#gene_tokheim2

If you find yourself in this area at the right time, You might want to check it out. Nothing beats learning new skillz...
Thanks for that info but I can't really see myself getting to Minnesota till I retire and am roaming the country seeing the sights before I die. Hopefully I'll have figured out how to do it long before then.

Bigdogbuc
07-31-2014, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE=rice paddy daddy;2568]I buy knives like Barbie buys shoes.[QUOTE]

If you buy knives like Barbie buy's shoes, then I'm Imelda Marcos.

I'm a watch whore too...

Nightshade
07-31-2014, 09:07 PM
I carry a knife everywhere I go. Got two in my car and a combat blade on my book case...if you count my cooking knives I have many more. Sharp as hell and forged in japan