PDA

View Full Version : Gear review: Harbor Freight 12vdc pump

Arklatex
05-15-2016, 04:47 PM
I'm usually not one of the people that would claim greatness from a cheapo gadget from Harbor Freight. If yall don't know what that is its similar to Northern Tool. A place chock fulla inexpensive tools and equipment. I bought a tire pump from them last year and it is fantastic! I originally bought it for my side by side and lawnmower. They get slow leaks from time to time. I've used it enough for that and other purposes that I ended up buying one for each vehicle in the fleet. They seem to be very heavy duty for such a small thing and it's made of metal. The best part is that they are only about 20 bucks. Then you can slap on a 20% coupon. Highly recommended. I was reminded of it today because I helped out a family in a parking lot with a flat. I gave em a shot of fix a flat and aired up their tire so they could get on their way safely. I figured it was worth a review and recommendation. Here's a picture of the kit:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160515/c9e268eaa5b56bf0b0acab4b31a12d06.jpg

hawgrider
05-15-2016, 04:53 PM
We have Harbor freight here in Mi. And the Northern catalog is the bomb! Its my go to catalog for everything.

Arklatex
05-15-2016, 05:05 PM
We have Harbor freight here in Mi. And the Northern catalog is the bomb! Its my go to catalog for everything.
If you think the northern catalog is da bomb you aught to take a gander at the one from Grainger! It weighs about 8 pounds! Lol.

hawgrider
05-15-2016, 05:37 PM
If you think the northern catalog is da bomb you aught to take a gander at the one from Grainger! It weighs about 8 pounds! Lol.

We use Grainger at work. Problem with them is they really don't give businesses much of a break price wise but yeah they have most anything you can think of.

Inor
05-15-2016, 06:11 PM
We have a Northern Tool and Equipment about 2 miles from here. They have some cheap crap, but carry quality stuff too. I bought an Ingersoll-Rand air compressor from them a few years ago and am very happy with it.