PDA

View Full Version : The $6 Ultralight Backpacking Stove

hawgrider
05-17-2016, 11:55 AM
Ive been holding out on you guys.... these things are great! Got mine from Amazon several years ago. Use mine all the time its super small, super light weight and super useful. The Rubber Duck and mlodell07 got these as Christmas presents several years ago they like them as well.

“Ultralight Backpacking Stove”. Will you burn up your six bucks or load your family’s packs with these gems? The choice is yours, the opinion is mine. Check out the $6 Ultralight Backpacking Stove
http://tinhatranch.com/the-6-ultralight-backpacking-stove/#.VztLXeT09ME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hiLB94Xr18

Inor
05-17-2016, 12:01 PM
That's pretty cool! I have been looking for a better option for our GHBs. Right now we just have pop can stoves and denatured alcohol. The problem is, when it is below about 20 degrees outside, the alcohol does not burn hot enough to vaporize so in cold weather they do not work too well. That is kind of a problem living in MN. :D

hawgrider
05-17-2016, 12:09 PM
That's pretty cool! I have been looking for a better option for our GHBs. Right now we just have pop can stoves and denatured alcohol. The problem is, when it is below about 20 degrees outside, the alcohol does not burn hot enough to vaporize so in cold weather they do not work too well. That is kind of a problem living in MN. :DThey are very worth the price. They work great. We have not had any fail or break yet. We have had them at least for 3 or 4 years lost count.

Put one in every vehicle.
Every B.O. bag.
Every deer blind.
Every ATV.
Put them every where.
Its easy the fuel burns clean the butane/propane mixed gas burns a long time many many meals can be made off one canister of fuel.

I did a test review of mine for another forum several years ago. It was in the winter and I boiled 8 oz water to a rolling boil in barely 2 minutes or so give or take.

hawgrider
05-17-2016, 12:12 PM
That's pretty cool! I have been looking for a better option for our GHBs. Right now we just have pop can stoves and denatured alcohol. The problem is, when it is below about 20 degrees outside, the alcohol does not burn hot enough to vaporize so in cold weather they do not work too well. That is kind of a problem living in MN. :D

The super cold will affect these as well. But it doesn't take much to warm up the fuel canister inside a jacket if its below 20 degrees. We use them right up thru January for deer season.

RubberDuck
05-17-2016, 06:59 PM
After getting one for Xmas I bought 4 more they are worth 10 times the price paid.
In really cold temps the gas slows down an flame burns lower but I solved this by keeping stick on toe warmers on hand in cold temps activate warmet stick under can problem solved all day

Arklatex
05-17-2016, 08:31 PM
I have 2 of those. They were part of the first evolution of my ghb system. Great stoves and comparable to MSR and other premium brands. I ran into an issue if not being able to buy the expensive canisters so I stocked up and replaced the ones in the ghb with something else. Now I have them in a bugout inch setup inside my homemade Berkeys. Right next to the water filter. On top of the 30 day buckets of food. IMO these are the best bang for the buck in gas powered stoveland.

hawgrider
05-18-2016, 04:17 AM
I have 2 of those. They were part of the first evolution of my ghb system. Great stoves and comparable to MSR and other premium brands. I ran into an issue if not being able to buy the expensive canisters so I stocked up and replaced the ones in the ghb with something else. Now I have them in a bugout inch setup inside my homemade Berkeys. Right next to the water filter. On top of the 30 day buckets of food. IMO these are the best bang for the buck in gas powered stoveland. The small canisters are harder to find. Walmart up here sells the large canisters of fuel.

Prepared One
05-18-2016, 06:22 AM
You know, I saw the Tin Hat Ranch guy do a review on these and I have had them on my list for ever. ( My GHB's are all cold food and BOB's is the old get a fire going thing. ) Time to get them ordered at 6 bucks a pop.

hawgrider
05-18-2016, 06:24 AM
You know, I saw the Tin Hat Ranch guy do a review on these and I have had them on my list for ever. ( My GHB's are all cold food and BOB's is the old get a fire going thing. ) Time to get them ordered at 6 bucks a pop. Best 6 bucks you ever spent. Check amazon.... sometimes you can get them under 6 bucks

Prepared One
05-18-2016, 06:46 AM
10/4 Hawg. I have them on my Amazon list