PDA

View Full Version : Man Builds Tile-Roofed Hut Entirely by Hand Deep in the Forest

hawgrider
05-25-2016, 06:57 AM
Imagine dropping a man into the middle of the wilderness with nothing but the shorts he’s wearing. Then imagine coming back in three months to find a small house complete with tiled roof and heated underfloor.
http://www.wideopenspaces.com/man-builds-tile-roofed-hut-entirely-hand-deep-forest-video/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P73REgj-3UE

TJC44
05-25-2016, 07:32 AM
Wow
That is freakin' awesome.
The ultimate off grid home.

Gambit
05-25-2016, 05:10 PM
that's pretty awesome
this kind gives me a idea need to talk to my family about
why buy a costly shed when you can make this and be far cheaper and look kind cool next to a garden

hawgrider
05-25-2016, 05:12 PM
that's pretty awesome
this kind gives me a idea need to talk to my family about
why buy a costly shed when you can make this and be far cheaper and look kind cool next to a garden

Lots of labor there.

Gambit
05-25-2016, 05:15 PM
it is but I have allot more time in the summer and a 10 year old who watched this video and she is all game to try this.
going to show this and talk to the wife about my idea see how she feels first

azrancher
05-25-2016, 06:13 PM
Well wait a minute, where's his loin cloth, did he get those shorts at REI, or did they just appear.

Rancher

azrancher
05-25-2016, 06:17 PM
He's awful pale for being outside for this building project.

Rancher

hawgrider
05-25-2016, 06:33 PM
Well wait a minute, where's his loin cloth, did he get those shorts at REI, or did they just appear.

RancherThe answer is given right out of the gate. "Imagine"

Imagine dropping a man into the middle of the wilderness with nothing but the shorts he’s wearing.

They said the project took 102 days. But they didn't say he lived off the land while doing it.

hawgrider
05-25-2016, 07:59 PM
He's awful pale for being outside for this building project.

Rancher
Not much sun under the canopy of the thick Forrest right?

I see your point but the way I took it it was basically a experiment. Pretty cool one.

azrancher
05-25-2016, 08:17 PM
Not much sun under the canopy of the thick Forrest right?

I see your point but the way I took it it was basically a experiment. Pretty cool one.

Made over many days...

I enjoyed it.

Rancher

hawgrider
05-25-2016, 08:22 PM
Made over many days...

I enjoyed it.

Rancher
Yeah I think the article said about 102 days.

hag
05-25-2016, 11:15 PM
That's some awesome stuff right there. Roof might be in trouble if the wind gets up.looks like the tiles are just laying on there.helluva lot to accomplish with no tools