PDA

View Full Version : Happy Hurricane Day!

Sparkyprep
06-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Just a reminder for all of us that it pertains to-
Today is the start of hurricane season. Check your preps. You know what to look for.

hawgrider
06-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Woo hoo hurricane partys are fun!

hawgrider
06-01-2016, 07:23 PM
Lets if I get the steps right for hurricane season.

Head to the lumber company for enough boards to cover all windows and doorwalls.
Then head the grocery store for as many fresh food supplies as you can get.
Then head to the beer liquor store and buy way more than you may think you need.
Then go home board eveything up.
then start the BBQ and the weather channel and proceed to party like its 1999

How close am I for a Damn Yankee?:biglaugh:

Sparkyprep
06-01-2016, 08:38 PM

Head to the lumber company for enough boards to cover all windows and doorwalls.
Then head to the beer liquor store and buy way more than you may think you need.

Pretty good, except boards and food, you should have those already. I love going to the liquor store, and watching the Home Depot next door. That's entertainment!

Slippy
06-01-2016, 11:00 PM

Add one more thing:
Dad used to park the family sedan under the big pine tree in hopes of cashing an insurance settlement...

hawgrider
06-02-2016, 07:45 AM
Add one more thing:
Dad used to park the family sedan under the big pine tree in hopes of cashing an insurance settlement...
Lol good one. Very important missed step!

Gambit
06-02-2016, 08:43 AM
when western NY was to be hit with a nasty storm and power outage was expected
I gone to store and sure enough no milk or bread, I was their just to get some small items nothing really needed plus I loved watching the show
the lines was so large people must been standing for 10 plus minutes I didn't bather to check out but long I was there I watched the show:popcorn:
it was funny watching the ghetto peeps freak out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zaVYWLTkU

Arklatex
06-02-2016, 09:07 AM
Add one more thing:
Hahaha that's funny!

Out here in rural east Texas a tornado can come out of nowhere and wreck your house. No way to prepare for that except to keep go bags with some clothes and your important papers. But when we get snow and ice you'd think it wasArmageddon! It's just like yall said, the stores are stripped bare by the end of the day that the weatherguessers predict it. Even for just a inch of the evil white stuff.

TJC44
06-02-2016, 09:47 AM
In the northeast the hurricanes like playing Russian roulette with the population.
There's about a 1 in 6 chance that it will stay close enough to land that we will get a good blow, most of the time they go out to sea.

You can thank the weatherpeople for hyping the sheep into such a frenzy.
You got to love a job where you can be wrong 90% of the time and still get paid!

Inor
06-02-2016, 09:52 AM
Hahaha that's funny!

Out here in rural east Texas a tornado can come out of nowhere and wreck your house. No way to prepare for that except to keep go bags with some clothes and your important papers. But when we get snow and ice you'd think it wasArmageddon! It's just like yall said, the stores are stripped bare by the end of the day that the weatherguessers predict it. Even for just a inch of the evil white stuff.

Hell they do that here with snowstorms! Yes, it takes a bit more snow, a prediction of around 6-10 inches, but the supermarkets will be cleared out. For crying out loud, we have snow on the ground for 5 months a year!

Slippy
06-02-2016, 10:27 AM
Lol good one. Very important missed step!

Add one more thing:

Hahaha that's funny!

True story,we lived on the Gulf Coast and before every tropical storm or hurricane, Dad would pull the oldest car he owned underneath the oldest, biggest pine tree in the yard. It became a neighborhood joke!

Dad had it figured out.

Inor
06-02-2016, 10:35 AM
True story,we lived on the Gulf Coast and before every tropical storm or hurricane, Dad would pull the oldest car he owned underneath the oldest, biggest pine tree in the yard. It became a neighborhood joke!

Dad had it figured out.

So did he ever get to collect?

Slippy
06-02-2016, 03:48 PM
So did he ever get to collect?

Not one time! Not even a scratch on any car. And we had more than a few trees uprooted in the yard due to hurricanes etc. He just never picked the right tree.

We had this 1960's station wagon with the wood paneling and the third seat that us kids called the "way back seat"...Dad tried hardest on that car all the way up to Hurricane Frederick in '79. He figured it was the luckiest car ever. Sold it and he bought an Oldsmobile if I recall. Dad was a funny dude...:bigthumbup:

Sasquatch
06-02-2016, 03:56 PM
Not one time! Not even a scratch on any car. And we had more than a few trees uprooted in the yard due to hurricanes etc. He just never picked the right tree.

We had this 1960's station wagon with the wood paneling and the third seat that us kids called the "way back seat"...Dad tried hardest on that car all the way up to Hurricane Frederick in '79. He figured it was the luckiest car ever. Sold it and he bought an Oldsmobile if I recall. Dad was a funny dude...:bigthumbup:
I know you talking about your Dad but if you ever have the same problem let me know. I know a couple Mexican dudes that, for a couple of bucks and a 12er of Budweiser, can make any car "disappear". They'll chop it into so many pieces no one would ever get that puzzle back together again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hag
06-03-2016, 12:02 AM
Hahaha that's funny!

Same way here. All of the bread and milk is gone plus all the gas jugs and kerosene heaters. It amazes me

RubberDuck
06-03-2016, 11:40 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160603/744ef329882b96dffb1dfb7fda2f1878.jpg

Dwight55
06-04-2016, 06:15 PM
I guess if I lived in Florida, Georgia, Alabama or Loosy-anna, . . . I guess I'd be hard pressed to tell which I disliked the most: them dadblamed Yankees that think they know it all, . . . come in and cheapskate around for 5 or 6 months waiting for better weather back up north, . . . or the hurricanes.

Get rid of one, . . . here comes the other'n.

May God bless,
Dwight

hawgrider
06-04-2016, 06:40 PM
I guess if I lived in Florida, Georgia, Alabama or Loosy-anna, . . . I guess I'd be hard pressed to tell which I disliked the most: them dadblamed Yankees that think they know it all, . . . come in and cheapskate around for 5 or 6 months waiting for better weather back up north, . . . or the hurricanes.

Get rid of one, . . . here comes the other'n.

May God bless,
Dwight Ah yes the snowbirds.

Sparkyprep
06-04-2016, 09:54 PM
Don't even get me started on snow birds.

A Watchman
06-04-2016, 11:39 PM

Hawg for a damn Yankee you are all right. I think you were just misplaced at birth. You would have made a damn fine red neck down here in the south, where it really counts.

hawgrider
06-05-2016, 08:08 AM
Hawg for a damn Yankee you are all right. I think you were just misplaced at birth. You would have made a damn fine red neck down here in the south, where it really counts.

Hahaha my elders are from Kentucky. They called my grandfather the Duke of Paducah. They spent years in Florida building houses back in the late 40's thru the 50's also. Southern roots never die.:biglaugh: