PDA

View Full Version : Question for you all

Inor
06-07-2016, 09:16 AM
Do you all want me to try and setup a new folder for members only that is not "Potty Mouth" for stuff like Ark friend's little girl?

hawgrider
06-07-2016, 10:13 AM
Do you all want me to try and setup a new folder for members only that is not "Potty Mouth" for stuff like Ark friend's little girl?Sure. It would handle any matters that folks didn't want guest lurkers to see. Ill second the motion.

RubberDuck
06-07-2016, 10:35 AM
Agreed

Baglady
06-07-2016, 10:39 AM
Good idea. What will we call it?

DerBiermeister
06-07-2016, 10:44 AM
Do you all want me to try and setup a new folder for members only that is not "Potty Mouth" for stuff like Ark friend's little girl?

Not sure I understand "for stuff like Ark friend's little girl". Sorry -- I've probably been AWOL on some of these issues.

But -- it looks like the regulars here support your idea. I see nothing wrong with adding folders for special purposes.

So ... agreed

Update -- I just read the posts about Ark's friend and his daughter.

Sasquatch
06-07-2016, 10:44 AM
Good idea. What will we call it?
How about calling it Squatch's Corner or Sas' Rec Room or maybe Squatch Manor?

Either way sounds like a good idea. I concur.

Sent from Tapatalk (aka Uranus)

Baglady
06-07-2016, 11:00 AM
How about calling it Squatch's Corner or Sas' Rec Room or maybe Squatch Manor?

Either way sounds like a good idea. I concur.

Your the funniest Furball I ever met!! :D
I was thinking something like, NOAH'S ARK..

TJC44
06-07-2016, 11:05 AM
We have a crew here that gets along VERY well. It is easy to forget that we ALWAYS have "guests" here, 89 at the time I'm writing this. We need a Member's Only area for certain subjects.

TJC

Slippy
06-07-2016, 11:34 AM
Very good idea Inor.

Maybe call it The Prayer Corner? or something like that?

Gambit
06-07-2016, 11:38 AM
I like Gambit's playhouse or gambit's kiddie pool of shame
I like this idea

hawgrider
06-07-2016, 12:36 PM
Very good idea Inor.

Maybe call it The Prayer Corner? or something like that? I think we should keep it some what generic(members only) so we can discuss things we don't want lurking guests to see but so we don't have to stuff it in the potty mouth cussing and swearing section. It could be used for hey I need help or for prayers or for meeting or gathering info that we didn't want john Q public to see.

Inor
06-07-2016, 12:44 PM
I'll have a look at what I can do to set it up when I get back to hotel this evening.

(Can you tell I really hate being in Canada?) :biglaugh:

hag
06-07-2016, 01:42 PM
I'll have a look at what I can do to set it up when I get back to hotel this evening.

I'm pretty sure Canadians hate being in Canada lol! It's a fine idea

TJC44
06-07-2016, 01:43 PM

Same outfit as last time?

BucketBack
06-07-2016, 02:03 PM
Yes, cause at first I was getting my wise guy on, then it was like serious.

hawgrider
06-07-2016, 03:05 PM
Yes, cause at first I was getting my wise guy on, then it was like serious.

Wise guy eh! Nuk nuk nuk..

azrancher
06-07-2016, 03:13 PM
Do you all want me to try and setup a new folder for members only that is not "Potty Mouth" for stuff like Ark friend's little girl?Define potty mouth....

Rancher

hawgrider
06-07-2016, 03:34 PM
Define potty mouth....

Rancher
Cussin, bitchin, raising hell, chaos and mayhem section.

Sasquatch
06-07-2016, 03:45 PM
I like Gambit's playhouse or gambit's kiddie pool of shame
I like this idea

This sounds like a WHOLE different section of the forum. One maybe kept in the cellar, down the hall, behind two locked doors and creepy music playing.

Go have yourself a big ol' helping of poutine and relax eh!

Sparkyprep
06-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Agreed

Dwight55
06-07-2016, 04:52 PM
You asked, . . . so here goes:

Name - Outdoor House of Prayer

Open to - Anyone registered, . . . lurkers can look, . . . cannot post

Object - Provide a place where we can all share our prayer requests

NOT ALLOWED - "Religious" argument (my church better than yours because we do ____________ and you don't), . . .

Disobeying the rules - Kicked out, . . . posts pulled, . . . warning about banishment (back to PF :mocking:)

Monitored at least daily by a "Chaplain" administrator.

May God bless,
Dwight

Arklatex
06-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Great idea.

Arklatex
06-07-2016, 05:30 PM
I think we should keep it some what generic(members only) so we can discuss things we don't want lurking guests to see but so we don't have to stuff it in the potty mouth cussing and swearing section. It could be used for hey I need help or for prayers or for meeting or gathering info that we didn't want john Q public to see.

NOT ALLOWED - "Religious" argument (my church better than yours because we do ____________ and you don't), . . .

Disobeying the rules - Kicked out, . . . posts pulled, . . . warning about banishment (back to PF :mocking:)

May God bless,
Dwight

These are both excellent ideas. But should be separated.

BucketBack
06-07-2016, 05:34 PM
I won't complain when my 180 gr something stops this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxzBQJQwFd0

OSFG
06-07-2016, 06:42 PM

May God bless,
Dwight
Was the intent of it to have a members only area that lurkers couldn't view? to express more personal issues?
To have it the way it is, is no different than the other areas correct? Lurkers (Without usernames) can view but not post anywhere?

Ark posted in the potty mouth to keep Non registered members from viewing.

Arklatex
06-07-2016, 06:45 PM
Was the intent of it to have a members only area that lurkers couldn't view? to express more personal issues?

That's why Ark put it in the potty mouth area.

Exactly.

TJC44
06-07-2016, 08:20 PM
To have it the way it is, is no different than the other areas correct? Lurkers (Without usernames) can view but not post anywhere?

That's how I envisioned it, NO Lurkers, Bots, or 3 letters.

OSFG
06-07-2016, 09:19 PM
Exactly.
I'm for calling it "the room of requirements" what ever you require it for its there....or the "board room" for members only, set for non viewing by non registered people or a by name add list, even if it means I'm excluded...maybe even just for paid members. Whatever the others say I'm good with.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Inor
06-07-2016, 09:27 PM
I just called it The Clubhouse. It is under the General section. I know I set it up so that it will not appear in search engines. I think I set it up so only registered users can see it. Setting the permissions on the forums is a little weird. It is not done in the same place as setting the forum up, so I hope I got it right. I'll send RWalls a PM to double check it the next time he stops by.

TJC44
06-07-2016, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE=OSFG;54823]I'm for calling it "the room of requirements" what ever you require it for its there....or the "board room" for members only, set for non viewing by non registered people or a by name add list, even if it means I'm excluded...maybe even just for paid members. Whatever the others say I'm good with.[QUOTE]

Damn, OSFG, I never made you for a Harry Potter fan.

Arklatex
06-07-2016, 09:32 PM
I just called it The Clubhouse. It is under the General section. I know I set it up so that it will not appear in search engines. I think I set it up so only registered users can see it. Setting the permissions on the forums is a little weird. It is not done in the same place as setting the forum up, so I hope I got it right. I'll send RWalls a PM to double check it the next time he stops by.
The clubhouse sounds just about right. Nicely done!

OSFG
06-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Damn, OSFG, I never made you for a Harry Potter fan.
Read all the books with my oldest son...even when I was deployed we would chat about what we liked about them...second sons into fire fighting, 3rd son fishing, 4th son academics and sports...gotta know how to blend in and interact with the indigenous population...even in ones own home. As for Mrs. OSFG...she gets control of the check book. And I show her my manly mr fix it skills.

hawgrider
06-07-2016, 09:39 PM
The clubhouse sounds just about right. Nicely done!Yes! Brilliant! Perfect!

TJC44
06-07-2016, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=TJC44;54830][QUOTE=OSFG;54823]I'm for calling it "the room of requirements" what ever you require it for its there....or the "board room" for members only, set for non viewing by non registered people or a by name add list, even if it means I'm excluded...maybe even just for paid members. Whatever the others say I'm good with.
Read all the books with my oldest son...even when I was deployed we would chat about what we liked about them...second sons into fire fighting, 3rd son fishing, 4th son academics and sports...gotta know how to blend in a interact with the indigenous population...even in ones own home.

Man,
F'ing chill just went up my spine. Read them all with my oldest, even saw the first 6 movies, and was reading to my daughter too, 5 years younger, a couple books behind.
Then came the divorce from wife #1,
and she turned them against me. ****.
Ryan is now 23, and a member of the FD that I just left.

OSFG
06-07-2016, 09:55 PM
TJC...that shit always back fires on them...just be a dad the best you can and eventually they come back to dad....
Don't play tit for tat with the wife using the kids...they will see that you didn't over time... I know I did with my parents. Sorry for how things are working in that regards... a parent that will spend quality time with their kids, is a good parent. teaching them or even just doing something in common....precious moments not easily forgotten.

Osfg

Dwight55
06-07-2016, 10:05 PM

Works for me.............

May God bless,
Dwight

TJC44
06-07-2016, 10:06 PM
TJC...that shit always back fires on them...just be a dad the best you can and eventually they come back to dad....
Don't play tit for tat with the wife using the kids...they will see that you didn't over time... I know I did with my parents. Sorry for how things are working in that regards... a parent that will spend quality time with their kids, is a good parent. teaching them or even just doing something in common....precious moments not easily forgotten.

Osfg

I hear you.
Problem is, at this point they don't even acknowledge me. I send B-day and Xmas cards, gift cards since I don't know their tastes anymore.
Just sucks sometimes.

These IPAs are getting to me, is all.
:beerchug:

OSFG
06-07-2016, 10:10 PM
I hear you.
Problem is, at this point they don't even acknowledge me. I send B-day and Xmas cards, gift cards since I don't know their tastes anymore.
Just sucks sometimes.

These IPAs are getting to me, is all.
:beerchug:
Just keep doing the hard part and don't lash out about it...let them see your trying....when the light clicks on...they will remember that...and then you have to forgive any slights they may have given you and move forward. They will recognize their mistakes when they get older. It takes kids a long time to realize parents are just as human as they are.

hag
06-07-2016, 10:33 PM
Just keep doing the hard part and don't lash out about it...let them see your trying....when the light clicks on...they will remember that...and then you have to forgive any slights they may have given you and move forward. They will recognize their mistakes when they get older. It takes kids a long time to realize parents are just as human as they are.

You got a head on your shoulders buddy. Sound advice

OSFG
06-07-2016, 10:37 PM
You got a head on your shoulders buddy. Sound advice
Naw, my friend...just been to this particular movie and know how the plot turns out...take the high road...do the right thing...and keep your pain about it away from them...

Its one of those interactive stories...what you do can change the outcome...

Just life as it happens buddy, play the long game.

Baglady
06-07-2016, 11:07 PM

May God bless,
Dwight

We don't want any lurkers to read the content. That way if there is anything personal, like meeting up as a group, or someone wants to use a real name, we can. I would love to have you as our community Chaplain tho. (Go Buckeye's!!)

Inor
06-07-2016, 11:15 PM
We don't want any lurkers to read the content. That way if there is anything personal, like meeting up as a group, or someone wants to use a real name, we can. I would love to have you as our community Chaplain tho. (Go Buckeye's!!)

I was just thinking stuff like Ark's buddy's little girl that is sick and needs our prayers is really not for public consumption. That is more meant for those of us that contribute and have become friends.

If it is something like a meet-up or whatever, that still belongs in the public area.

Baglady
06-07-2016, 11:16 PM
"The Clubhouse". That's it! I like it.
What are you serving at the meetings?? :hungry:

TJC44
06-07-2016, 11:19 PM
"the clubhouse". That's it! I like it.
What are you serving at the meetings?? :hungry:

byob

Baglady
06-07-2016, 11:19 PM
I was just thinking stuff like Ark's buddy's little girl that is sick and needs our prayers is really not for public consumption. That is more meant for those of us that contribute and have become friends.

If it is something like a meet-up or whatever, that still belongs in the public area.

Ah yeah, good point.

Baglady
06-07-2016, 11:22 PM
byob

That's cool. I'll bring my own wine, but I want food!! Especially if we can get Hawg and Rubberduck to do some BBQ magic...Can I get an "Amen"??

Inor
06-07-2016, 11:28 PM
That's cool. I'll bring my own wine, but I want food!! Especially if we can get Hawg and Rubberduck to do some BBQ magic...Can I get an "Amen"??

That'll work. Also, do not forget Dwight makes a pretty mean spaghetti and strawberry pie. I would definitely demand some of those too.

Baglady
06-07-2016, 11:35 PM
That'll work. Also, do not forget Dwight makes a pretty mean spaghetti and strawberry pie. I would definitely demand some of those too.

Pot Luck sounds good! I make an amazing potato salad. (Everybody tells me so...not braggin)

Dwight55
06-08-2016, 07:29 AM
Pot Luck sounds good! I make an amazing potato salad. (Everybody tells me so...not braggin)

Bring it on..........

May God bless,
Dwight

Baglady
06-08-2016, 11:53 PM
Bring it on..........

May God bless,
Dwight

What does it say about me that I have food fantasies? :boggled:

Dwight55
06-09-2016, 06:56 AM
What does it say about me that I have food fantasies? :boggled:

Uhhh, . . . potato salad is not a fantasy, . . . it is a true reality !!!

Along with cole slaw, . . . baked beans, . . . biscuits, . . . cornbread, . . . pinto beans, . . . grits, . . . hash browns, . . . sausage gravy, . . . hamburgers, . . . pork chops, . . . steak, . . . and even an old dead chicken.

No fantasy there.............. that begins with strawberry-rhubarb pie, . . . lemon meringue pie, . . . coconut creme pie, . . . apple pie, . . . cherry pie, . . . double chocolate devil's food cake, . . . them there things are fantasies.

May God bless,
Dwight

Baglady
06-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Never thought of it like that. So, I'm normal, huh? :eyebrows:

TJC44
06-09-2016, 09:29 PM
Never thought of it like that. So, I'm normal, huh? :eyebrows:

As normal as the rest of us. :biglaugh:

Baglady
06-09-2016, 09:38 PM
As normal as the rest of us. :biglaugh: