PDA

View Full Version : So it begins.

Baglady
06-21-2016, 09:19 AM
That time of year again. Been eating tomato sandwiches for 2 weeks now. People starting to come to buy veggies.
Watermelons plants looking real good. Planted some new ground this year.

Gambit
06-21-2016, 12:27 PM
wow I don't think I had a plan tomato sandwich in 15 years.
grilled cheese with tomatoes = simple but darn good

hag
06-21-2016, 09:17 PM
Looking good baglady! My beans ain't even blooming yet lol. Hope you have good luck a stellar crop

Baglady
06-21-2016, 09:28 PM
Looking good baglady! My beans ain't even blooming yet lol. Hope you have good luck a stellar crop

Thanks, so far so good, except the corn. Remember the picture I posted before? Hubby put that garden in the pasture. He put a strand of barb wire around it, and hooked up a fence charger. He turned it off to work the garden, & forgot to turn it back on. Needless to say, we have no more corn.
Ole Chester bit the tops off every one.

Slippy
06-21-2016, 10:02 PM
You got good skills Baglady. Excellent!!

Baglady
06-21-2016, 10:19 PM
You got good skills Baglady. Excellent!!

Thanks Slip, the green beans are the easy ones to do.

TJC44
06-22-2016, 02:19 PM
Thanks, so far so good, except the corn. Remember the picture I posted before? Hubby put that garden in the pasture. He put a strand of barb wire around it, and hooked up a fence charger. He turned it off to work the garden, & forgot to turn it back on. Needless to say, we have no more corn.
Ole Chester bit the tops off every one.

That sucks. My garden is MUCH smaller, with nothing around it. Something came in and basically wiped out my corn stalks, which were only 4-6" at the time.
Can you say pissed?!

Sasquatch
06-22-2016, 03:48 PM
Looking good. My very small garden I will lose to mother nature I think. We just had a week long heat with temp topping out around 113. Just about everything shriveled up. Hoping they pull through but might have to start over again.

Sent from Tapatalk (aka Uranus)

Slippy
06-22-2016, 05:06 PM
.. Just about everything shriveled up. ...

Sent from Tapatalk (aka Uranus)
Sadly, I've heard that happens to some guys as they age..:censored:

Sasquatch
06-22-2016, 06:50 PM
Sadly, I've heard that happens to some guys as they age..:censored:

Why, I oughta!