1 1/3 cups apple cider vinegar
4 cups sugar
4 tablespoons mustard seed
1/2 teaspoon tumeric
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Slice Jalapenos

Mix vinegar,sugar, tumeric,mustard and celery seed, garlic powder and caynenne pepper

Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes

Add jalapennos to the simmering mix and simmer for 5 minutes

Put jalapennos in sterile jars first and then add liquid to 1/4" head space

Process in a water bath for 15 minutes

Makes approx 5 pints

These are great right out of the jar, on nachos, subs you name it. Gives a different spin on jalapenos besides just being pickled.

Good Luck and enjoy!!

Let me know how you like them!!

Broncosfan

Gambit
07-07-2016, 07:12 PM
I'm am very willing to try this.
but I bet my butt will look like a volcano just it wont be lava coming out
to much information?

MrsInor
07-07-2016, 07:36 PM
That sure looks like the recipe I use. Can't check because it's packed in a box already. I did pack a few jars of them today though. I didn't make them in pint jars, used the real small jars. A pint makes way too many for us to eat with all of Inor's traveling.

Inor
07-07-2016, 07:39 PM
That sure looks like the recipe I use. Can't check because it's packed in a box already. I did pack a few jars of them today though. I didn't make them in pint jars, used the real small jars. A pint makes way too many for us to eat with all of Inor's traveling.

I sounds similar to your candied ginger with all of the sugar.

It sounds great Bronco.

hawgrider
07-07-2016, 07:48 PM
Excellent! Might have to try this one.

MrsInor
07-07-2016, 08:04 PM
What if you smoked the jalapenos first?

hawgrider
07-07-2016, 08:07 PM
What if you smoked the jalapenos first?I like the way you think. Good idea!

Gambit
07-08-2016, 12:30 PM
was thinking the same thing about smoked jalapenos
but I will need to not or add less cayenne pepper because my little girl will throw it at me, she don't like spicy stuff yet but that always change in time with most kids

Deebo
07-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Recipe seems familiar.
Also, I did the sugar and pickles trick once. Everybody loves them, even gave some to some guys as going away presents when they left the company.
Mmmmmm.

Broncosfan
09-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Just wanted to update since when I posted this I hadn't made any in almost a year. Today I made another batch and the yield is incorrect. I used a little over 11 lbs of jalapenos and my yield was 14 pints.

Slippy
09-05-2016, 07:00 PM
2 1/2 lbs Fresh Jalapenos
1 1/3 cups apple cider vinegar
4 cups sugar
4 tablespoons mustard seed
1/2 teaspoon tumeric
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Slice Jalapenos

Mix vinegar,sugar, tumeric,mustard and celery seed, garlic powder and caynenne pepper

Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes

Add jalapennos to the simmering mix and simmer for 5 minutes

Put jalapennos in sterile jars first and then add liquid to 1/4" head space

Process in a water bath for 15 minutes

Makes approx 5 pints

These are great right out of the jar, on nachos, subs you name it. Gives a different spin on jalapenos besides just being pickled.

Good Luck and enjoy!!

Let me know how you like them!!

Broncosfan

That will damn sure fix you up if you got some ailments!!

BucketBack
09-05-2016, 08:04 PM

It mite work if you can light them before you smoke them

Deebo
09-06-2016, 09:01 AM

Can't find rolling papers that big..

BucketBack
09-06-2016, 11:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQEL23Tb3Mo

And yes an OZ would fit in it.

Deebo
09-06-2016, 11:55 AM
Not to jack a thread, but I was sitting with the wifes unlce two weeks ago, and I must have heard "that's far out man, that's a trip man" thirty times. Kool old head, reminded me of Chong.
And then we were talking on the way home about remakes and how movies suck and decided we wanna see a new Checch and Chong movie.

hawgrider
07-08-2017, 09:45 PM
Broncofan out of the goodness of his heart sent me a jar of his cowboy candy and a jar of his salsa along with some scorpion pepper powder .

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170709/43i4mzpc.jpg (http://www.directupload.net)

Dug into the salsa last nite with some tortilla chips...
Absolutely delicious. Bronco did you post this recipe?

Ok now to the star of the show the cowbow candy!
Love it!

Had a few on straight up out of the jar. Excellence in a jar these are! Did some on top of a nacho for a snack tonight delicious I will be making some of these in the future excellent recipe. Slightly sweet but not syrupy sweet. Just enough sweet to offset the heat.
The recipe is a winner !

The scorpian pepper powder I have not tried yet but will try some in a batch of pickled eggs soon.

I can tell you this about the scorpion powder from hell though... all I did was handle the jar when I opened the package Bronco sent me. After handling the jar My cheek bone had a itch so I rubbed it with my finger and that lit up the skin on my cheek bone :shocked: :biglaugh:

Lesson learned- this stuff is a lethal weapon! Use rubber gloves when handling :biglaugh:

Thanks Broncofan excellant job! Your garlic seeds are getting close Im waiting for them to open up then Im going to pull my garlic up. Plant greenery is now starting to yellow so it won't be long.

Unclefred
07-08-2017, 09:49 PM
I like.

hawgrider
07-08-2017, 09:52 PM
I like.

Excellent way to put up some jalapeno peppers!

RubberDuck
07-08-2017, 10:13 PM
Excellent way to put up some jalapeno peppers!
I am going to be smoking and dehydrating a big batch of jalapeņos tomorrow I might pick up some extra for the cowboy candy was that posted?

hawgrider
07-08-2017, 10:14 PM
I am going to be smoking and dehydrating a big batch of jalapeņos tomorrow I might pick up some extra for the cowboy candy was that posted?

This is the cowboy candy recipe thread go to first post.

RubberDuck
07-08-2017, 10:17 PM
I probably would of realized that but right away but I lit Jacks fuse and that powder keg is about to blow hahahahaha mental note reread with morning coffee

Broncosfan
07-09-2017, 07:04 AM
Broncofan out of the goodness of his heart sent me a jar of his cowboy candy and a jar of his salsa along with some scorpion pepper powder .

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170709/43i4mzpc.jpg (http://www.directupload.net)

Dug into the salsa last nite with some tortilla chips...
Absolutely delicious. Bronco did you post this recipe?

Ok now to the star of the show the cowbow candy!
Love it!

Had a few on straight up out of the jar. Excellence in a jar these are! Did some on top of a nacho for a snack tonight delicious I will be making some of these in the future excellent recipe. Slightly sweet but not syrupy sweet. Just enough sweet to offset the heat.
The recipe is a winner !

The scorpian pepper powder I have not tried yet but will try some in a batch of pickled eggs soon.

I can tell you this about the scorpion powder from hell though... all I did was handle the jar when I opened the package Bronco sent me. After handling the jar My cheek bone had a itch so I rubbed it with my finger and that lit up the skin on my cheek bone :shocked: :biglaugh:

Lesson learned- this stuff is a lethal weapon! Use rubber gloves when handling :biglaugh:

Thanks Broncofan excellant job! Your garlic seeds are getting close Im waiting for them to open up then Im going to pull my garlic up. Plant greenery is now starting to yellow so it won't be long.

Glad you liked it all. I haven't posted the recipe for the salsa. Simply its a pain for most to make and most of the time I change the amount of peppers due to the amount of heat. Also I pressure can this recipe some reason its better I think and I can can 18 pints at a time in the pressure canner.

Also if anyone is interested I started some new jalapenos this year. Burpee's "Big Guy" I haven't tried one for heat yet as I'm waiting to see how big they get. Right now there a good 3 inches long. Hopefully a couple of weeks and I will know if its a keeper. Looks to be promising for stuff right now though.

Unclefred
07-09-2017, 09:58 AM
Glad you liked it all. I haven't posted the recipe for the salsa. Simply its a pain for most to make and most of the time I change the amount of peppers due to the amount of heat. Also I pressure can this recipe some reason its better I think and I can can 18 pints at a time in the pressure canner.

Also if anyone is interested I started some new jalapenos this year. Burpee's "Big Guy" I haven't tried one for heat yet as I'm waiting to see how big they get. Right now there a good 3 inches long. Hopefully a couple of weeks and I will know if its a keeper. Looks to be promising for stuff right now though.

I had a jalapeno at a restaurant that was as big as an Anaheim. Huge. I took a big bite...hottest one I've ever had. I paid big time the next day.