PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads and Rotars?

BugMan
03-21-2014, 09:01 AM
Need to get Pads and Rotors on a 2007 CRV. Any recommendations? The rotors are hosed. My wife's been driving with them warped for a few months apparently. After I drove it, I knew it needed work done, but apparently she couldn't be inconvenienced. Want to get it done today or tomorrow.

RWalls
03-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Napa rotors, Wagner extreme pads, both are top notch

Peacekeeper
03-21-2014, 10:11 AM
What about EBC brake pads, many people seem to like them.

1moretoy
03-21-2014, 11:56 AM
I've had great luck with the Wearever Gold from Advance Auto. From my daughters accord to my old F250.

Peacekeeper
03-21-2014, 08:16 PM
BugMan, did you get the brakes fixed?

BugMan
03-22-2014, 04:03 PM
I picked up the CRV from Kaufman who said I needed brakes and rotors all around. I picked up the parts at Advance to do it myself. Got the front wheels off and the pads look like they are brand new. I took it in because it's pulsing while braking. It's not the pads. Maybe the rotors, but I am curious why they would tell me it needed everything all around if they weren't worn? I also need to isolate the reason for the pulsing.

Peacekeeper
03-22-2014, 05:25 PM
Warped rotors could cause that, you might also want to flush your brake lines with fresh fluid.

RWalls
03-22-2014, 06:20 PM
I picked up the CRV from Kaufman who said I needed brakes and rotors all around. I picked up the parts at Advance to do it myself. Got the front wheels off and the pads look like they are brand new. I took it in because it's pulsing while braking. It's not the pads. Maybe the rotors, but I am curious why they would tell me it needed everything all around if they weren't worn? I also need to isolate the reason for the pulsing.

Vibrating and pulsing are different. If you hit the brakes and the steering wheel shakes that is vibration on the front brakes. Replacing the pads and rotors will fix the issue. Turning the rotors may fix it, but you should replace the pads too. If it is vibrating while you are not using the brakes it could be alignment, tires, balance, CV axle or a few other things.

1moretoy
03-22-2014, 08:28 PM
Pulsing sounds like the ABS.