PDA

View Full Version : You say potato, I say what the hell?

Baglady
07-13-2016, 10:45 AM
This past season is the only time we have not planted potatoes. For various reasons we decided to buy potatoes.
We have bought from at least 6 different stores this year, and every bag of potatoes sucks! Start peeling them and they have all kinds of rotted, bad spots throughout.
Talked to my Mom in Ohio, and she has the same issue.
What the hell is going on? Are any of you experiencing this?

Arklatex
07-13-2016, 11:30 AM
Nothing to report in the Arklatex. All is well on the potato front. And we also buy all our taters. I'll ask around and report back if anyone is having this issue out here.

Baglady
07-13-2016, 11:32 AM
Nothing to report in the Arklatex. All is well on the potato front. And we also buy all our taters. I'll ask around and report back if anyone is having this issue out here.

Where do you shop?

Arklatex
07-13-2016, 11:38 AM
Where do you shop?
Cash Saver/IGA and Walmart mostly. I think most of their potatoes come from Idaho tho. There is a "big tomato and best salsa" festival going on out here this coming weekend at the local farmers market. I figure I can gather Intel there while gorging myself on delicious homemade and homegrown stuff. Rumor has it the guy that owns the local car dealership has got a softball sized tomato!

BucketBack
07-13-2016, 12:56 PM
My redskins have been having brown rings under the skin in the meat part. Mostly from Sav a lot and spartan stores

Baglady
07-13-2016, 08:50 PM
Cash Saver/IGA and Walmart mostly. I think most of their potatoes come from Idaho tho. There is a "big tomato and best salsa" festival going on out here this coming weekend at the local farmers market. I figure I can gather Intel there while gorging myself on delicious homemade and homegrown stuff. Rumor has it the guy that owns the local car dealership has got a softball sized tomato!
See if you can find out anything. I had assumed our potatoes were shipped from Idaho, but I just looked at the bag, and it's Dole Brand from Monteray, Calif.

Baglady
07-13-2016, 08:54 PM
My redskins have been having brown rings under the skin in the meat part. Mostly from Sav a lot and spartan stores

Good to know. We usually find an off brand store too. Just depends where we are while we're out and about. We have bought several bags from Food Giant too, and I thought they were a better store. I end up being able to use about 1/2 of each potato after cutting out the bad spots. :worried: