PDA

View Full Version : Cheap DC Door/Window Alarms

BucketBack
08-10-2016, 08:20 AM
I bought these to alert me when Mom decides to go walkabout, but they will alert you to an intruder as well

I paid $14.99 at Meijer "Snot So Thrifty" Acres

Home Depot has them for $9.99
With its simple peel and stick installation, ultra-thin design and loud alarm, the Window/Door Alarm kit is a low cost, effective solution to home security. Place the included magnet on the outside frame of any window or door you wish to protect. When opened by an intruder, the magnetic circuit is broken and a loud alarm will sound.

If you open the door without deactivating you may spill your morning java when startled, since the little unit puts out a loud shrilling noise
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Doberman-Security-Home-Security-Window-Door-Alarm-Kit-4-Pack-SE-0137/203105248

Deebo
08-10-2016, 12:12 PM
Brother, they have some similar and CHEAP ones at dollar tree, I actually have some, with a plastic spacer in between the batteries, that is a tripwire when you pull the string, it connects the battery chain and sings pretty good.
I put one the fridge when my son was sneaking food at night.

Deebo
08-10-2016, 12:19 PM
this was as I built one.

BucketBack
08-10-2016, 05:24 PM
Brother, they have some similar and CHEAP ones at dollar tree, I actually have some, with a plastic spacer in between the batteries, that is a tripwire when you pull the string, it connects the battery chain and sings pretty good.
I put one the fridge when my son was sneaking food at night.

They are up and working for a week. Better safe than saving a few pesos

I should put two on the fridge for me.

Baglady
08-11-2016, 10:52 AM
Are you not concerned about giving your Mother a heart attack if she trips the alarm?
You could just tie her up...(KIDDING!!) :biglaugh:

BucketBack
08-11-2016, 12:38 PM
haha