PDA

View Full Version : How do you like your jalapeno's

Broncosfan
08-10-2016, 07:28 PM
There are thousands of ways to use them, poppers, spices, cowboy candy etc. I personally like poppers the best but so far I haven't found a way that I don't like them. I premake my poppers and freeze them so there ready all year. So how do you like them?

S.....P......
08-10-2016, 07:33 PM
I like to grill mine. "Pissed off peppers" it brings the heat out.

hawgrider
08-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Roasted then stuffed with cream cheese and paprika here.

Wonder how they would be deep fried in beer batter? Hmm I might be on a misson. Its about time for a sinus cleansing and a head sweat:cool:

Broncosfan
08-10-2016, 07:50 PM
I split mine horizontal fill them with a mixture of cream cheese and monterey jack add some crumbled bacon a few dried tomatoes and then top with mozzarella cheese. Then I put them on a cast iron popper plate and put them on the top rack of the grill for a few minutes then I but the burgers on under them and finish. My wife and daughter like them with a side of pepper jelly!

hawgrider
08-10-2016, 08:02 PM
I split mine horizontal fill them with a mixture of cream cheese and monterey jack add some crumbled bacon a few dried tomatoes and then top with mozzarella cheese. Then I put them on a cast iron popper plate and put them on the top rack of the grill for a few minutes then I but the burgers on under them and finish. My wife and daughter like them with a side of pepper jelly!I have not had jalapeņo pepper jelly that I can remember. Sounds interesting.

Slippy
08-10-2016, 08:06 PM
Most days in the summer, I pick a Jalapeno cut it up add it to the fry pan with sweet onions and green peppers, scramble some eggs and I'm good to go!

And I like them added to tuna fish; I teaspoon mayo, one teaspoon relish and a cutup Jalapeno.

A Watchman
08-10-2016, 08:22 PM
Peppers with most things...... almost daily.

Broncosfan
08-10-2016, 08:23 PM
I have not had jalapeņo pepper jelly that I can remember. Sounds interesting.

I have made both jalapeno jelly and pepper jelly. My wife, daughter and mom prefer the pepper jelly. Mostly sweet with a hint of pepper the main pepper is bell but some jalapeno are in the recipe. At one time Applebee's served the red pepper jelly with their jalapeno poppers

Inor
08-10-2016, 08:30 PM
Mrs Inor makes jalapeno jelly. She also makes strawberry-jalapeno jelly and several others - great stuff, especially with some cream cheese on a cracker. Of course, she pickles them too. I have smoked them, then ground them into a powder. That is really good, but also extremely hot! I will eat jalapenos just about any way you care to serve them to me!

hawgrider
08-10-2016, 08:33 PM
Smoke them and grind them green before they ripen red then they are not so hot.

Arklatex
08-10-2016, 08:34 PM
Seeded, stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon and onto the grill. Yum!

They come out like this

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160811/22e10c51281fb25935355b112d192bbb.jpg

That said, I like them almost anyway I can get them. Pickled, Stuffed, on a burger, in chili, in eggs, on a hot dog, on Pizza, etc. I could go on and on like Bubba Gump...

Arklatex
08-10-2016, 08:37 PM
Mrs Inor makes jalapeno jelly. She also makes strawberry-jalapeno jelly and several others - great stuff, especially with some cream cheese on a cracker. Of course, she pickles them too. I have smoked them, then ground them into a powder. That is really good, but also extremely hot! I will eat jalapenos just about any way you care to serve them to me!
Don't let Mexicans fix them for you. Just sayin since yer moving to AZ and all...

Inor
08-10-2016, 08:40 PM

Why would I do that? I like hot. :biglaugh:

Broncosfan
08-10-2016, 08:42 PM

My first batch this year is hotter than last.

Gambit
08-10-2016, 08:51 PM
like to put them right on the hot coal to blister the skin then throw them in plastic bag and remove the skin and to soften it a tad and put small cut so I can add the mixture.
my mix
65-75%cream cheese the rest will be extra sharp cheddar and I like to add a pinch of garlic and onion powder, more onion then garlic powder in that mix.
after that I like to put small amount of brown sugar and a pinch of salt (very light rub)
cook till they are done but then add a slightly small rub of brown sugar and a very small pinch of salt, then move them close to the coals to caramelize the sugar.. BAM!!!
I got me a jalapeno holder from Walmart for $2 from clearance. i been making out like a banit lately with the clearance stuff lately

forgot to add sorry
I did the sugar and a pinch of salt to sweeten it up because I happen to like sweet n spicy and the salt adds something something that you got to try to understand

Sasquatch
08-11-2016, 12:16 AM
I use them for a lot of things but most of the time I cut them up with some of my tomatoes and onions and throw them in an omelette.

Gambit
08-11-2016, 04:38 AM
think I will try jarred egg's with jalapenos

A Watchman
08-11-2016, 05:35 AM
^^^^^^^ Yep, nice move.

RubberDuck
08-11-2016, 05:41 AM
i use them often in my eggs still have yet to get much heat with them alone but comes from my weak will power 6 weeks is the longest they have made it without eating them all. most of the time 2weeks