PDA

View Full Version : Amerigeddon dvd release

Broncosfan
08-24-2016, 11:21 AM
No sure if it was on a thread here about the movie Mike Norris (Chuck's) made with a private investors. It was in some theaters but not a lot. You can now get the DVD here http://amerigeddonthemovie.com/. Myself I'm looking forward to watching it.

hawgrider
08-24-2016, 11:30 AM
Excellent! Its on my watch for list. Wonder when it will hit the vid rental stores and redbox?

Broncosfan
08-24-2016, 11:41 AM
I don't know. Since it wasn't a Hollywood release it may never make it to rental. I just bought it would like to see what its about instead of waiting. Less than $25 shipped.

Sasquatch
08-24-2016, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the info. Didn't play anywhere near me so I want to see it.

Sent from Tapatalk (aka Uranus, not to be confused with the Anus' at Survivalist Board)

Broncosfan
09-15-2016, 12:34 PM
My copy came today. Looking forward to watching it tonight.

merlinfire
09-15-2016, 03:01 PM
make sure to let us know what you thought

Broncosfan
09-15-2016, 03:10 PM
I will give you my 2 cents worth after watching! I read the cover looks very interesting. It is unrated so I'm not sure what to expect maybe that is because it didn't go through normal Hollywood. I will try to post something later tonight if I get it watched.

Broncosfan
09-15-2016, 09:24 PM
So I have watched the movie twice. Once while making dinner starting and stopping so I wanted to watch in completely start to finish. Second time I had to keep the volume down as the wife does to work very early and the movie is somewhat quite so I could have missed something along the way.

The movie is interesting to me. It doesn't seem that controversial. Now a days who know? It states some facts that some just might not want to here. It talks about executive orders, emps, food shortages and how most households only have a 3 day supply of food on hand. How people would panic during a crisis and do anything to feed their family. Is it actuate? I don't know I cannot tell the future but I believe its part of a bigger picture and could be. Really I don't see that its anything that someone on this forum doesn't already know or do. I'm not sure what I would rate it. Its seems real not Hollywood so that is a plus. Would I recommend it? YES! The price less than of taking the family to a fast food restaurant. My family hasn't watched it yet but plan to watch it together. It shows how people must work together to make it work.

Inor
09-15-2016, 09:42 PM
So I have watched the movie twice. Once while making dinner starting and stopping so I wanted to watch in completely start to finish. Second time I had to keep the volume down as the wife does to work very early and the movie is somewhat quite so I could have missed something along the way.

The movie is interesting to me. It doesn't seem that controversial. Now a days who know? It states some facts that some just might not want to here. It talks about executive orders, emps, food shortages and how most households only have a 3 day supply of food on hand. How people would panic during a crisis and do anything to feed their family. Is it actuate? I don't know I cannot tell the future but I believe its part of a bigger picture and could be. Really I don't see that its anything that someone on this forum doesn't already know or do. I'm not sure what I would rate it. Its seems real not Hollywood so that is a plus. Would I recommend it? YES! The price less than of taking the family to a fast food restaurant. My family hasn't watched it yet but plan to watch it together. It shows how people must work together to make it work.

Thanks for the review. I just ordered it.

Hawg and/or Squatch - If you guys want to see it, I will mail it to the first one of you that responds. The only stipulation I put on it is that you mail it off to another member here that wants to see it when you are done.

Sasquatch
09-15-2016, 11:08 PM
Thanks Inor. I got my copy last week. Here's a review I wrote over on PF.

I got home today to find my newly purchased DVD of Amerigeddon in the mailbox. Friday night has just written itself! Got some good beer (Racer 5 for anyone interested) and my popcorn and I was ready.

Let me start by saying I know the budget for this movie wasn't like a huge Hollywood movie. The film starts with a montage of world leaders speaking about things like New World Order and Globalism while we watch clips of military/police fighting with citizens. All things we can relate to. We then go on to meet the Rancher/Prepper who catapults the rest of the film. The opening scene has him addressing some type of DC panel that ends up calling him a Domestic Terrorist and claiming HE is what is wrong with America (one of the DC politicians grilling our protagonist is Alex Jones). Along with our Rancher/Prepper we also meet his long time friend who happens to be a Liberal politician, some old lady with cancer that knows a UN attack is coming, some useful neighbors, a global elitist that starts WW3 with a cryptic phone call and a gaggle of people (both good and bad) who conveniently move the story along.

I won't give the whole plot away in case you want to watch it but I will warn you there are points where you ask "what the hell does that have to do with anything". This movie is bad. It is a step or two below those 80's after school programs. As I said earlier, I know the budget was low and it couldn't compete with a big Hollywood summer blockbuster. The good thing is it doesn't have to. Even though the plot line is a little confusing and contrived, the acting is pretty bad and the effects were poor it, at least, has a good message that we all know is possible. Their scenario for an EMP and the Globalists overthrow of America is a little ridiculous BUT it still doesn't mean something like what was portrayed couldn't happen. The driving force in this movie was silly and would/could never happen but the overall message was one of importance -Rich globalists are plotting against the US and her Constitution. I guess my biggest problem with this movie is Liberals can use it against us as a tool to show "Preppers" are paranoid. This movie certainly doesn't help make people aware. Not because the subject matter isn't possible but because it was presented poorly.

Now, I know I said this movie was bad and pointed out a few flaws so let me take a line or two to talk about some positive attributes of the movie. There is a scene where a little girl has to kill someone to survive and it is portrayed well. She is visibly shaken by what she had to do. It is also one of those movies that is so bad it's great. There is a woman (pictured below), even though I'm not sure who she is in the film, that is a total POA that shoots guns. I enjoyed how it used lines from the Constitution and pointed out the purpose of the 2nd Amendment.

In summary, the film will win no Oscars and the acting is bad. But I spent $20+ dollars on the film and I couldn't be happier about it. If you're on a tight budget maybe try to catch it without paying for it but I'm glad I did. All I can say is I hope the film based on One Second After is 100X better. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Inor
09-15-2016, 11:42 PM
Thanks Inor. I got my copy last week. Here's a review I wrote over on PF.

I got home today to find my newly purchased DVD of Amerigeddon in the mailbox. Friday night has just written itself! Got some good beer (Racer 5 for anyone interested) and my popcorn and I was ready.

Let me start by saying I know the budget for this movie wasn't like a huge Hollywood movie. The film starts with a montage of world leaders speaking about things like New World Order and Globalism while we watch clips of military/police fighting with citizens. All things we can relate to. We then go on to meet the Rancher/Prepper who catapults the rest of the film. The opening scene has him addressing some type of DC panel that ends up calling him a Domestic Terrorist and claiming HE is what is wrong with America (one of the DC politicians grilling our protagonist is Alex Jones). Along with our Rancher/Prepper we also meet his long time friend who happens to be a Liberal politician, some old lady with cancer that knows a UN attack is coming, some useful neighbors, a global elitist that starts WW3 with a cryptic phone call and a gaggle of people (both good and bad) who conveniently move the story along.

I won't give the whole plot away in case you want to watch it but I will warn you there are points where you ask "what the hell does that have to do with anything". This movie is bad. It is a step or two below those 80's after school programs. As I said earlier, I know the budget was low and it couldn't compete with a big Hollywood summer blockbuster. The good thing is it doesn't have to. Even though the plot line is a little confusing and contrived, the acting is pretty bad and the effects were poor it, at least, has a good message that we all know is possible. Their scenario for an EMP and the Globalists overthrow of America is a little ridiculous BUT it still doesn't mean something like what was portrayed couldn't happen. The driving force in this movie was silly and would/could never happen but the overall message was one of importance -Rich globalists are plotting against the US and her Constitution. I guess my biggest problem with this movie is Liberals can use it against us as a tool to show "Preppers" are paranoid. This movie certainly doesn't help make people aware. Not because the subject matter isn't possible but because it was presented poorly.

Now, I know I said this movie was bad and pointed out a few flaws so let me take a line or two to talk about some positive attributes of the movie. There is a scene where a little girl has to kill someone to survive and it is portrayed well. She is visibly shaken by what she had to do. It is also one of those movies that is so bad it's great. There is a woman (pictured below), even though I'm not sure who she is in the film, that is a total POA that shoots guns. I enjoyed how it used lines from the Constitution and pointed out the purpose of the 2nd Amendment.

In summary, the film will win no Oscars and the acting is bad. But I spent $20+ dollars on the film and I couldn't be happier about it. If you're on a tight budget maybe try to catch it without paying for it but I'm glad I did. All I can say is I hope the film based on One Second After is 100X better. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks pal! I am always the last one to experience what the cool kids do.

P.S. Racer 5 is freakin great!

hawgrider
09-16-2016, 05:23 AM
Thanks for the review. I just ordered it.

Hawg and/or Squatch - If you guys want to see it, I will mail it to the first one of you that responds. The only stipulation I put on it is that you mail it off to another member here that wants to see it when you are done.That would be great I'm in.

Arklatex
09-16-2016, 11:09 AM
All I can say is I hope the film based on One Second After is 100X better. I'll keep my fingers crossed.[/B]

I had no idea they were making a 1 second after movie. I'll be looking forward to that one! I hope they stick to the plot and show just how awful a grid down really is. That book really opened my eyes to prepping.

Inor
09-16-2016, 03:19 PM
That would be great I'm in.

Once it gets here and we watch it, I'll send it along. :thumb:

hawgrider
09-16-2016, 04:05 PM
Once it gets here and we watch it, I'll send it along. :thumb:Cool I'll send it to who ever is next. Last one to watch can send it back to you.

Inor
09-16-2016, 07:15 PM
Cool I'll send it to who ever is next. Last one to watch can send it back to you.

I am thinking it might be one of those movies that we need to watch once... but only once. We'll see. We can start the OTP movie sharing club. :biglaugh:

Arklatex
09-16-2016, 07:22 PM
I am thinking it might be one of those movies that we need to watch once... but only once. We'll see. We can start the OTP movie sharing club. :biglaugh:
That's actually a pretty good idea.

hawgrider
09-16-2016, 07:36 PM
TJC44 sent me a PM hes next up. So I'll send to him. Whos up after TJC44 speak up here.

Inor
09-20-2016, 11:51 PM
TJC44 sent me a PM hes next up. So I'll send to him. Whos up after TJC44 speak up here.

Watched it tonight. The reviews so far are absolutely accurate; it is hokey as hell and 110% worth seeing because it makes you think. Plus, the gaffer was Luis Martinez. I would know his work anywhere. Nobody holds a stick like ol' Lou! Pay special attention to the blond chick that is the daughter of the hero prepper (At least, I think she was supposed to be his daughter). She reminds me a LOT of Mrs Inor when we were courting, complete with the heater and the bottle of shine.

Sasquatch
09-21-2016, 12:24 AM
Watched it tonight. The reviews so far are absolutely accurate; it is hokey as hell and 110% worth seeing because it makes you think. Plus, the gaffer was Luis Martinez. I would know his work anywhere. Nobody holds a stick like ol' Lou! Pay special attention to the blond chick that is the daughter of the hero prepper (At least, I think she was supposed to be his daughter). She reminds me a LOT of Mrs Inor when we were courting, complete with the heater and the bottle of shine.

Did Mrs. Inor have a cool boot knife too?

Inor
09-21-2016, 12:30 AM
Did Mrs. Inor have a cool boot knife too?

Not at the time but she certainly does now and a badass S&W tomahawk in her GHB. :biglaugh:

Sasquatch
09-21-2016, 02:34 AM
Not at the time but she certainly does now and a badass S&W tomahawk in her GHB. :biglaugh:

That's what I like to hear. Tell the Mrs. I said hello.

hawgrider
09-23-2016, 03:24 PM
Woo hoo looky what showed up in the mail today.

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q761/hawgrider97/Mobile%20Uploads/20160923_152017_zpsjgxawdfy.jpg (http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/hawgrider97/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160923_152017_zpsjgxawdfy.jpg.html)

I'll watch it tomorrow when the RubberDuck and Mlodell07 is here.

TJC44 send me a pm with your address and when Im done its coming your way.

Whos up after TJC44? Post up here and get it next.

Thanks a bunch Mr and Mrs Inor!

Inor
09-23-2016, 06:11 PM
Woo hoo looky what showed up in the mail today.

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q761/hawgrider97/Mobile%20Uploads/20160923_152017_zpsjgxawdfy.jpg (http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/hawgrider97/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160923_152017_zpsjgxawdfy.jpg.html)

I'll watch it tomorrow when the RubberDuck and Mlodell07 is here.

TJC44 send me a pm with your address and when Im done its coming your way.

Whos up after TJC44? Post up here and get it next.

Thanks a bunch Mr and Mrs Inor!

That was fast! I do not think she mailed it until Wednesday or Thursday because we just watched it Tuesday.

MrsInor
09-23-2016, 07:34 PM
Are you calling me fast?

hawgrider
09-23-2016, 07:36 PM
Are you calling me fast?Ruh oh!

Arklatex
09-23-2016, 08:12 PM
I'll take it after TJC44.

Inor
09-23-2016, 09:21 PM
Are you calling me fast?

"Efficient" is the word dear, efficient.

Baglady
09-23-2016, 10:23 PM
I'll take it after TJC44.

I'll take it after Ark. Who's after me?

I've been looking for the book "One Second After", and there's "One Year After" too. Our nearest larger library does not have it.

TJC44
09-23-2016, 10:27 PM

I've been looking for the book "One Second After", and there's "One Year After" too. Our nearest larger library does not have it.

I've got the Kindle versions of both from Amazon. They probably have print editions also.

Baglady
09-23-2016, 10:31 PM
I've got the Kindle versions of both from Amazon. They probably have print editions also.

Yeah, I'm guessing I'd have to buy them from Books A Million or some place.

Inor
09-23-2016, 10:33 PM

One Second After was awesome. One Year After was meh. It was not bad, but not near as good as the first or the historical fiction he has written with Newt Gingrich.

Baglady
09-23-2016, 10:39 PM
One Second After was awesome. One Year After was meh. It was not bad, but not near as good as the first or the historical fiction he has written with Newt Gingrich.

Good to know. I imagine after reading One Second After, that's a real let down. I hate when that happens.

hawgrider
09-26-2016, 07:38 AM
Watched it twice. I enjoyed it. Yes its hokey for sure. I cracked up at the recoil from the AR-15 too funny. But the message is pretty clear the world we once new is almost gone....

Will try to get it in the mail tomorrow To TJC44

Thanks again Mr and Mrs Inor for the chance to watch it.

RubberDuck
09-26-2016, 08:03 AM
My favourite was the invisible rocket launcher on the helicopter lol
You can not watch this movie as a cinema movie or you will miss the point while picking it apart. But yes the point is clear.

hawgrider
09-26-2016, 02:54 PM
The wife took it to the post office its on its way. TJC44 it should reach you by Wednesday they said.

Arklatex is next then Baglady.

TJC44
09-26-2016, 06:56 PM
Thanks. PM me your address, Ark.

hawgrider
09-28-2016, 06:42 PM
Did the movie make it TJC44?

TJC44
09-28-2016, 08:03 PM
Yes. Hope to watch it tonight.
ARK! Send me your address!

Arklatex
09-28-2016, 08:05 PM
Yes. Hope to watch it tonight.
ARK! Send me your address!
Done

TJC44
09-28-2016, 09:25 PM
Next up!
Will mail it out tomorrow.
TJC

Deebo
09-29-2016, 05:08 PM
id like to be on the list.
baglady, I have both books, let me put my hands on them, and will send em your way.

Arklatex
10-01-2016, 05:55 PM
Movie got here safe and sound. Gonna watch it tonight and send it Bagladys way.

hawgrider
10-01-2016, 06:54 PM
Then from Baglady to Deebo.

Arklatex
10-01-2016, 09:01 PM
It was worth a watch. I can definitely see that scenario happening. But I got a couple questions

1: was that the Alex Jones central Texas ranch house?

2: where were the missiles coming from on the UN chopper?

TJC44
10-01-2016, 09:38 PM
2: where were the missiles coming from on the UN chopper?

Seems to be the question that keeps popping up.

:biggun:

Inor
10-01-2016, 10:00 PM
Seems to be the question that keeps popping up.

:biggun:

In all fairness, I did tell you it was a hokey movie but it did make you think. :D

The one that got me was the helicopter the hero had. I thought all helicopters were out of this world expensive. But a guy, living about a mile from our rental house, has one exactly like the one the hero in the movie had. So I am guessing they are affordable by the masses, but still expensive. They are small. He stores it in a carport and tows it out with a golf cart.

Arklatex
10-01-2016, 10:23 PM
In all fairness, I did tell you it was a hokey movie but it did make you think. :D

The one that got me was the helicopter the hero had. I thought all helicopters were out of this world expensive. But a guy, living about a mile from our rental house, has one exactly like the one the hero in the movie had. So I am guessing they are affordable by the masses, but still expensive. They are small. He stores it in a carport and tows it out with a golf cart.
Looks like you can get a brand new one for about 55k plus $1900 shipping/crating fees. You have to assemble it yourself and that particular one requires a pilots license. There's cheaper ultralights that you don't necessarily have to have the license for.

TJC44
10-01-2016, 10:24 PM

It may be one of these:
http://www.trade-a-plane.com/search?make=ROBINSON&model=R22+BETA+II&s-type=aircraft&gclid=CNzJkpyUu88CFVEvgQodxW0LHg

Certainly affordable between $69K to $283K.
Pocket change

There's a small airport in the area that does helicopter training using R22's. I thought you needed fixed wing license before you could get rotary.

Deebo
11-02-2016, 11:58 AM
Ok, sorry it took me a bit. Whos next? And Bag lady, I will find the books. Sorry, this month sucked.

Baglady
11-02-2016, 07:30 PM
Ok, sorry it took me a bit. Whos next? And Bag lady, I will find the books. Sorry, this month sucked.

Sounds good Deebo! Thanks.

Deebo
11-03-2016, 03:06 PM
Bump, whoever would like to view the DVD, pm me your address.