PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Own A Kubota?

Sparkyprep
09-05-2016, 02:53 PM
My old Ford tractor is on it's last leg. I can't maintain this homestead without a reliable tractor. I'm not a big fan of John Deere, just because of how proprietary their stuff is. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm currently looking at something like this-

http://www.kubota.com/product/M5660/M5660.aspx

I'm looking for any and all input that I can get. It's a big purchase, but there is obviously a lot on the line with it.

Thanks.

MrsInor
09-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Inor - you can drool but you have to wait until the house is built.

RubberDuck
09-05-2016, 03:07 PM
I know a few Kabota owners an they couldn't be happier with it. Good looking dependable low maintenance.
With a endless supply of attachments.

Inor
09-05-2016, 03:24 PM
A friend of ours that owns a cattle ranch not too far from where we are now living swears by Kabota. They are spendy, but that is what I am planning on getting.

Slippy
09-05-2016, 04:03 PM
Sparky,

I shopped Kubota, John Deere, Mahindra, New Holland, Massey...in the under 40HP Utility and Compact Utility Sized Tractor. They were all so close when you finally settled on a size etc.

I chose John Deere but it was a coin toss. Kubota's are fine tractors and I would have been just as happy with Kubota vs JD.

Both will get the job done. The engines are both Yanmar if memory serves and they both are easy to work on; Oil changes, transmission fluid changes, access to battery are all pretty easy. I just changed the tranny fluid on my JD and its super easy to do routine maintenance.

Depending on what size you get, the Kubota pedal may be a rocker style pedal; rock your foot forward to go forward, rock it back to go backwards vs the JD has two pedals, one for forward one for reverse. Personal preference.

I hate to say this, but the Mahindra's were damn nice. Hope this helps.

Coastie dad
09-05-2016, 04:24 PM
I love my Kubota. I've got a B series that can work it's butt off, and fit into the barns to work. I had a bigger Ford, but found out I could do 90% of my routine work around d here with the smaller tractor, for less fuel. A little more time, but not that much.

Sparkyprep
09-05-2016, 04:33 PM
Sparky,

I shopped Kubota, John Deere, Mahindra, New Holland, Massey...in the under 40HP Utility and Compact Utility Sized Tractor. They were all so close when you finally settled on a size etc.

I chose John Deere but it was a coin toss. Kubota's are fine tractors and I would have been just as happy with Kubota vs JD.

Both will get the job done. The engines are both Yanmar if memory serves and they both are easy to work on; Oil changes, transmission fluid changes, access to battery are all pretty easy. I just changed the tranny fluid on my JD and its super easy to do routine maintenance.

Depending on what size you get, the Kubota pedal may be a rocker style pedal; rock your foot forward to go forward, rock it back to go backwards vs the JD has two pedals, one for forward one for reverse. Personal preference.

I hate to say this, but the Mahindra's were damn nice. Hope this helps.

Thanks Slip. This helps a lot. I've got a lot of shopping/planning/saving to do.

Slippy
09-05-2016, 05:50 PM
Here's the 55+- HP Mahindra;
VEry nice
http://mahindrausa.com/tractors/5500-series/5555-4wd-shuttle