PDA

View Full Version : Not survival, just Camping trip

Deebo
09-12-2016, 08:56 AM
Well, two lessons learned from our little camping adventure...
One, Deebo is too damn old to be sleeping on the ground. We forgot the air mattress, and I spent Friday night and Saturday night flopping around in a sleeping bag, playing acupuncture with some rocks.
Two, when the wife and daughter say, go to bed, well stay up awhile and put things away, and watch the fire- Raccoons do like dog food and loaves of bread..
Great weekend, no phone service.

juskom95
09-12-2016, 09:14 AM
The best part, is often the "No Phone Service" aspect of the outdoors.

Sasquatch
09-12-2016, 09:55 AM
Looks like good times.

Sent from a Galaxy S5 far far away.

Slippy
09-12-2016, 10:03 AM
I know your daughter will remember this fondly, Good times Deebs!

S.....P......
09-12-2016, 10:14 AM
Mrs S.P. has put in for us getting a tent hammock. Have any of you tried 1?

Arklatex
09-12-2016, 10:32 AM
Mrs S.P. has put in for us getting a tent hammock. Have any of you tried 1?
I have tried a pack hammock. It doesn't have the built in tent/bug net. But it does make one heck of a difference in camping comfort. I just string a line and tarp to keep the dew off me. I bought the 2 person model. It doesn't comfortably sleep 2 people. In my opinion.

S.....P......
09-12-2016, 10:41 AM
We baugt 2 of the walmart Ozark Trail hammocks like what you are talking about. She has used them at the new land for just hanging around and taking breaks while working on the property. The 1 she sent me the link to was a little different. I will try to find it.

Ok I found the link she sent me. This thing is big and rated for 880lbs. It ties out to 3 trees with ratchet straps. It's cool looking but the price tag is around $650.

http://www.coolhammock.com/products/stingray-tree-tent?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=1091031244&gclid=COed4vyMyc4CFcRkhgodPC0P3w

Deebo
09-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Will look at it, but, the tent is pretty good, so, probably just get one more mattress.
Temps were awesome, hot enough in daylight to swim and hint shade, cold enough at night to wanna snuggle.
Alas, deebo will put the brake lights on camper, and kids will be in tents.
Maybe some cold weather camping coming soon.

Slippy
09-12-2016, 11:06 AM
I've got the ENO 2 man hammock. Great for a nap and maybe 4 or 5 hours at night, after that I got to get out and move around...I need a new cabin style tent, had one for over 20 years, tall enough for me to stand up inside and wide enough for a big man's cot. It stormed last year at NASCAR race in Ft Worth and my old tent just finally gave out and flooded me out. The holes that I patched were starting to get holes in them! Luckily the sun came out and I dried all my stuff well. That's about as much "roughing it" as I am motivated to do...

Here's the ENO hammock
https://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.com/product/doublenest.html

Deebo
09-12-2016, 11:08 AM
Slippy, they weren't the ones with the unknown critter right by their head outside the tent. When I got up and opened zipper, I heard it jump off the back of the truck. Never saw it, but it did rifle around the aluminum pan in trash, rip open the zip lock bag of dog food, and ate two loaves of bread.

Deebo
09-12-2016, 11:09 AM
Last time we camped, not really, cause we all stayed in cabins, was with the Inors, and there were raccoon tracks all over out chairs and inors smoker.

Sparkyprep
09-12-2016, 04:41 PM
My family and I love camping. The more isolated the better. Deebo, it looks like you guys are having a blast, and this is one of the best gifts you can give your children.

Inor
09-12-2016, 04:49 PM
Last time we camped, not really, cause we all stayed in cabins, was with the Inors, and there were raccoon tracks all over out chairs and inors smoker.

That was good times except for the damn chiggers!

Deebo
09-12-2016, 04:50 PM
Soon, my friend. Soon. And theres no chiggertrees in Az or NM