PDA

View Full Version : How to take care of a coyote problem

TJC44
09-23-2016, 10:50 AM
http://www.wideopenspaces.com/buck-donkey-doesnt-take-crap-coyotes/

Donkeys hate coyotes, so much so that they sometimes go postal on intruding ‘yotes like this donkey did.

Baglady
09-23-2016, 11:39 AM
Yep. Mules are the same, and some horses too.
Although the mare mule in my avitar had an endearing relationship with my Hubby's Blue Tick gyp. They would spend about 15 minutes every morning playing together. I never thought to video that.
We had another pair of john mules. They would run after stray dogs that came into the pasture, and strike out with one front hoof while running. Something to see for sure.

Arklatex
09-23-2016, 08:50 PM
Many of the ranchers around me keep at least 1 with their herds. Not sure if donkey or mules tho. But they do earn their keep. They are also annoying as hell when they get to braying.

Baglady
09-23-2016, 09:51 PM
Many of the ranchers around me keep at least 1 with their herds. Not sure if donkey or mules tho. But they do earn their keep. They are also annoying as hell when they get to braying.

Probably donkeys. The only way to get a Mule to cry is to show them an empty feed bucket!

Slippy
09-24-2016, 05:48 AM
Donkeys are great coyote repellents. Same with Great Pyrenes and Anatolian Shepherd dogs.