PDA

View Full Version : Becker BK2

Coastie dad
09-26-2016, 11:10 PM
Received a bk2 last week and put it to work this weekend.
Duties/tasks as follow:
1. Used it to trim branches from Apple trees to put in rabbit hutches.
2. Baton walnut and hickory for firepit to cook hot dogs and smores.
3. Pry open a wooden hutch door that was swollen and stuck.
4. Made feather stick
5. Hammered a loose nail in.
6. Used with ferro rod to start fire.
7. Bopper nosey goat on head with handle.

I was Fricken amazed with everything this knife would do. Hammer, hatchet/machete, cooking knife, and goat bopper.
Thought about trying to clean a rabbit with it, but the granddaughter was on site, and that's a no no right now.
Sharpens quickly, and held a great edge even after batonIng the wood.
I really dislike the kydex sheath, and received a handmade leather one tonight.
If you guys are interested, I'll post some pics of what I do to it and with it next weekend. I think this is going to become my go to fixed blade for farm work and prep stuff.

Kfilly
09-27-2016, 02:52 PM
I have one of those knives. I like it a lot. It does everything you said and more. I sprayed some Jasco paint remover (Amazon) and removed the black coating from the knife blade. It strikes a firesteel very well with that coating removed.

However, I carry a BK9 in my BOB. The blade is a hair thinner, but it is longer (9.25"). My knife doubles as a small machete which I like if I ever had to clear out a campsite. The BK9 is also a touch lighter than the BK2, but it is still a very robust blade. The BK9 has a thumb ramp that gives amazing control of the blade for finer work. Even though I like my BK2, the BK9 has a place in my BOB. The only draw back to the BK9 is the sheath is even worse than the BK2's sheath.