PDA

View Full Version : Dept of Agriculture Orders Submachine Guns with 30 Round Magazines

BugMan
05-15-2014, 01:14 PM
A May 7th solicitation by the U.S. Department of Agriculture seeks "the commercial acquisition of submachine guns [in] .40 Cal. S&W."

According to the solicitation, the Dept. of Agriculture wants the guns to have an "ambidextrous safety, semiautomatic or 2 round [bursts] trigger group, Tritium night sights front and rear, rails for attachment of flashlight (front under fore group) and scope (top rear), stock collapsible or folding," and a "30 rd. capacity" magazine.

They also want the submachine guns to have a "sling," be "lightweight," and have an "oversized trigger guard for gloved operation."

The solicitation directs "all responsible and/or interested sources...[to] submit their company name, point of contact, and telephone." Companies that submit information in a "timely" fashion "shall be considered by the agency for contact to determine weapon suitability."

Go here for more information. (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/14/Dept-Of-Agriculture-Orders-Submachine-Guns-With-30-Round-Magazines#)

So what do you think? Looking to take out people selling raw milk? Maybe kill some freedom loving people that raise their own backyard chickens?

1moretoy
05-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Great...now .40 ammo will become impossible to find.

Peacekeeper
05-16-2014, 09:25 AM
I have heard that when one government group needs more "items" than they have a budget for they get other group to buy the "items" for them. That way the other groups spend money in their budget they might otherwise lose. Maybe that is why you see articles like this.

http://www.truthistreason.net/dept-of-education-orders-remington-870-shotguns

Dept. of Education Orders Remington 870 Shotguns (or Waging War on Homeschoolers)

Posted on Mar 10, 2010 in Featured Articles, Police, Military, & War
TruthisTreason.net - Kevin Hayden

The War on Homeschooling
We all read the news stories popping up about the IRS acquiring 60 new police shotguns recently and to be honest, I’m surprised at the hype. I’m no fan of the IRS, as I’m sure most Americans aren’t. But, having been a police officer I understand that every branch of government – local, state and even Federal – require weapons. A paultry order for sixty shotguns did not make me cry, “Oh my! What ever would they need those for!?” like some other websites were.
Every year, departments purchase new equipment. It’s not like they were ordering 6,000 RPG’s or a battalion of armored vehicles. More than likely, this was for a regional office and were merely updating their outdated inventory.
As we all know, the ‘tax man’ is always armed. That’s the only way he can squeeze your hard earned money from you! This has been true for centuries upon centuries and the IRS is no exception. They have many SWAT teams of highly trained Federal Agents that await orders to go after tax evaders and kick their doors down in the middle of the night, armed with AR-15s, Remington 870 shotguns and tear gas.
So, why am I bringing this up?
The Department of Education has just request bids for (27) Remington 870 Police Shotguns (with Wilson Combat ghost ring sights, SpeedFeed stocks and 14″ barrels).

I am not aware of any “Dept. of Education SWAT Teams” nor can I come up with any legitimate reason that members of the Department of Education need to be armed with “entry shotguns.” Will they begin kicking in the doors of homeschoolers? Raiding the houses of well-intentioned parents? Will they be “rescuing the poor, neglected children” who receive a home-taught education? Perhaps the college students who default on their newly transferred, Federally-owned student loans?
Update:

A commenter – Mr. Pathfinder – pointed out that the request was being made from the Inspector General’s Office – the enforcement arm of most Federal agencies. Some fraud, embezzlement, internal theft, etc is to be expected within every agency or company and rightly so, a well-armed investigative arm is needed to handle these situations. But the Department of Education? Really? Seems like if they were to execute a dangerous warrant, they would use local and county resources as back-up, perhaps the FBI? But now they go after student loan debtors. A Dept. of Education SWAT team recently made entry into a residence at 6am looking for a woman who had defaulted on her college loan. Seriously? America, you have arrived at a new low.
I’ll continue updating this article as I research it. In the meantime, here is a picture of exactly what they are ordering.

RWalls
05-17-2014, 02:45 PM
They need them for those pesky termites