PDA

View Full Version : anyone played with this toy yet

pheniox17
05-28-2014, 11:05 AM
http://www.survival.com/atax.htm

I have one coming in from the USA (hopefully customs is going to be nice)

any thoughts??

rice paddy daddy
05-28-2014, 08:41 PM
I went to the link and it looks interesting. For backpacking that would add quite a bit of capability without much weight or space.
I personally would want to also carry a good hatchet, though.
Unless I missed it, I didn't see what type steel it is. Carbon steel would sharpen easier in the field than stainless.

1moretoy
05-28-2014, 08:51 PM
Interesting design. Any knife that comes with it's own instruction video is probably too complicated for me.

pheniox17
05-28-2014, 08:57 PM
its a high grade steal (not stainless) can't remember what it is tho

the design brief of this knife is interesting, its like they actually thought about this one

its not a replacement for any other knife we would carry, just a back up, I have to get it before I do a review but from research...

its a on person level knife, designed to sit on your belt wile carrying a large pack, not designed for plate carrier mount, but can be

has a bunch if handy features, but the thinking is, you are separated from your pack and you need to survive, this knife can cover many bases....

that's what I got out of it, tops control release numbers @ 100 a batch, rrp is $200 USD, I picked mine up for $140 something + postage (199aud total but our dollar value is dropping)

there was one other on eBay but listing ended (lost item number sorry) if interested

1moretoy
05-28-2014, 09:01 PM
I'm simple.

pheniox17
05-28-2014, 09:03 PM
I'm simple.

that's why I'm calling this one a toy, for now :)